• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

East Coast Earthquake Thread

Creechling

Having their buildings checked for damages is one of the few things about this earthquake being in the news that hasn't irritated me. All of our buildings up here in AK are built for quakes, and even after decent sized ones buildings get checked. Having your structural integrity fail because you didn't take the time to check would be neglectful. Even if it was only a 5.8 >.> We had a 5.4 a couple months ago that didn't even make the local news.....I guess you just get desensitized to it all. If it didn't rip your front lawn open it just doesn't seem worth a discussion XD

Ruggiero

Made Man
I don't live far from Mineral, so I got a pretty good shaking. I was awake in bed looking up stuff on my phone when it happened, we usually get a real loud and big tractor driving by occassionally and that's what I thought it was for a second.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
Dear East Coast,
You are pussies.
Sincerely, The West Coast

Dear West Coast,
At least your shores don't get the experiences of hurricanes, tornadoes, week-long snowstorms, terrorist attacks, high crime rates and sniper attacks
Sincerely, The East Coast

Last edited:

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
VA user here. i felt the ground rumble a little and no one gave a fuck for like five minutes. then EVERYONE started talking about it and all the Kroger employees were talking about it and engaging me in their conversation about it and i'm like
dude it was fucking tiny. relax.
then there's a girl on my facebook that's all "THANK YOU JESUS FOR PROTECTING ME THROUGH THE EARTHQUAKE. I WAS SO SCARED". goddamn, chill out.

On that note, relevant. http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqew3e904U1qfev9eo1_400.png

Mayfurr

Mostly Harmless
Dear West Coast,
At least your shores don't get the experiences of hurricanes, tornadoes, week-long snowstorms, terrorist attacks, high crime rates and sniper attacks
Sincerely, The East Coast

Dear East Coast and West Coast,
When either of you have had to deal with experiencing volcanic eruptions and tsunamis in addition to earthquakes, typhoons and cyclones, then we can talk. :)
Sincerely, West Pacific Rim

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
When either of you have had to deal with experiencing volcanic eruptions and tsunamis in addition to earthquakes, typhoons and cyclones, then we can talk. :)

SOUNDS LIKE SOOOMEBODY'S JEEEAAALOUSSS~~~

PenningtontheSkunk

What is this internet?
I didn't feel anything in NYC. :\

Waffles

I'm a gryphon thing.

Dear everyone else,
we hippies in the bay area don't know wtf u talkin' about mang
we just have to deal with bad weed
and stuff
yeah :V

Radiohead

Apply directly to forehead.
I'm in Colorado. In other words I'm posting here to laugh at you all.

Radiohead

Apply directly to forehead.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Hurricane! Whoooo!
I mean...awww...

So...who's going surfing today?

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
I've been in WV for the past two weeks, visiting my parents.
When the quake happened, it felt like someone was running across the floor upstairs.
I thought I was half-asleep and dreaming (I was in bed.), but then my sister and fiance started freaking the fuck out.

Ariel's mom is scared as all hell of the coming hurricane, for us.
We're too far inland to even give half a shit.

Last edited:

Alderic

When the earthquake happened, I was in school. I simply thought that there was alot of people upstairs (as I was on the 1st floor) I didn't find out that it was an earthquake until maybe..3-4 hours later? I'm not concerned about that at all though. I'm a little concerned about the hurricane,though.

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!