• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Eclipse at friday

F

foussiremix

So i have news.
At friday there is gonna be a eclipse.
I live in vienna and it should be able to see in vienna.
I only need to get glasses to doesnt get blind and for my parents and animals.

Can you see the the eclipse from your town

L

LizardKing

Apparently, but I'll be in work. Might be able to get out at break and have a looksie.

jtrekkie

Feathered
Nope! A welding hood works pretty well btw.

phaolfal

yaay!?
Ill be able to see the eclipse at my town about 8.00am, but the problem is i dont have any of those special eclipse glasses (or welding masks)

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
I'll actually be awake when this happens! I'm pretty excited.

I read that the only "total" solar eclipse next to happen where I am from will be in 2090. So... not much chance of being alive for that one >.<

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
Aw, poop. I live in the United States and will be unable to see it.

Pretty sure I'll be able to see it , question , will normal sunglasses stop my eyes being essentially butchered?

Alexxx-Returns

Pretty sure I'll be able to see it , question , will normal sunglasses stop my eyes being essentially butchered?

If in doubt, get a pair of those special eclipse sunglasses =)

What about filming it on a phone, then looking at the resultant video? I might do this. Hope I'm not driving at the time.

A

Amiir

Unfortunately they won't. Buy either eclipse glasses or a welding mask glass (protection level 14 is recommended)

Misomie

Lazy Artist
To those that lack glasses: cut a tiny hole in paper, the light that hits the ground will be in the shape of the eclipse. Also, there isn't much to see with a partial eclipse. It does distort your shadows though so that was pretty cool.

The BBC is trying to warn teens not to take selfies with the eclipse, because looking at the sun to try and get the shot right will damage the back of their eyes.

They have to tell people not to stare at the sun.

F

foussiremix

I wonder how many stupid people who ignore the warning of looking at it without glasses get blind.
I gonna record it with my smartphone .

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
The eclipse would be fun if there weren't so many clouds in the way all the goddamn time.
It'll just be dark for a bit and little else will be visible in much of the UK, I'm betting.

Alexxx-Returns

Over the course of my life I've looked at the sun a lot. Are my eyes damaged from this?

Dr. Franken-Fox

"it's alive, IT'S ALIVE!"
Over the course of my life I've looked at the sun a lot. Are my eyes damaged from this?
No they wouldn't be, but thats different from if you were staring directly at the sun during an eclipse. You see the darkness caused by the eclipse overrides your natural inclination to squint and your eye lenses don't contract like they normally do, leaving your cornea vulnerable, and since there are no pain receptors there you won't know you're doing any damage until it's too late.

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
Bright and clear in Finland, keeping an eye on it with my trusty shoebox viewer. :3

Dr. Franken-Fox

"it's alive, IT'S ALIVE!"
The eclipse has now been and gone here in the English east midlands, luckily I was able to rig up my camcorder in time and capture a good 20 minutes of footage, I'm quite chuffed at how clear and crisp it turned out and I got a lot of attention from onlookers who huddled around my camera viewfinder. It was brilliant while it lasted!

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
What a glorius sickle.
I looked at the sun, burnt it to my retina and blinked rapidly.
No need for glasses or anyhing!
Srs tho, wouldn't do that again.

F

foussiremix

I saw the eclipse with this special bla.
It looked like a croissant when you have enough fantasy.
but it was seriously beautifull.

L

LizardKing

We went out to see it at work and this happened

Us: Ooooh here we go, here we g-
Big fucking cloud: EXCUSE ME! HELLO! DON'T MIND ME! JUST PASSING THROUGH! HANG ON! OKAY! BYE!
Us: And it's gone

Goddamnit

Inpw

Roller Coaster Imagineer.
We went out to see it at work and this happened

Us: Ooooh here we go, here we g-
Big fucking cloud: EXCUSE ME! HELLO! DON'T MIND ME! JUST PASSING THROUGH! HANG ON! OKAY! BYE!
Us: And it's gone

Goddamnit

This happens every fucken time I look up to the sky.

Solar eclipse planning. Cloudy
Lunar eclipse planning. Cloudy
Meteor Shower. Cloudy
Comet. Cloudy
Fuck the ISS passes over. Cloudy

ADF

It happend to be going on during my walk, took several tries but I managed to get a few pics of it with my phone before clouds covered it up. It made for an interesting distraction.