• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

EmberFang's Scribbles

EmberFang

Hi! This is my first post in the forums, I hope I'm doing everything correctly.

I'd love to get some feedback on my art: constructive criticism, things you'd like to see more of, things you'd like to see less of... everything helps. Here's my latest piece:

1490666483.emberfang_float.png

I feel like it might be too dark, but brightening the colors just made it look... weird. In a bad way. So Idon't know what to think about it. I sort of like the way the heart "pops" from the rest of the drawing.

If there's interest I will try to remember to update when I draw anything else. My FA profile is over here and that'll be updated for sure :p

Nettle

I think you'll benefit from working some contrast into this. Except for the heart and the background design, the values in the piece are all very close in range. A helpful trick sometimes is to switch the piece over to grayscale and work with it until the design pops, and then bring your colour back in.

Your line work in this is excellent and the foreshortening is very well done. Very dynamic pose!

EmberFang

I think you'll benefit from working some contrast into this. Except for the heart and the background design, the values in the piece are all very close in range. A helpful trick sometimes is to switch the piece over to grayscale and work with it until the design pops, and then bring your colour back in.

Your line work in this is excellent and the foreshortening is very well done. Very dynamic pose!

Oh, thank you! Switching to greyscale is great advice, I can see what you mean about the contrast now (lmao it's just a black blob with a heart)
I tried making the background a lighter color and that seems to help. Iguess there's probably no good way to fix it other that recolor it completely.
Anyway, I'm not too concerned about it since I rarely revisit drawings I've already finished, that one's staying like it is. However, I'll keep this in mind for future drawings, I think it'll be very helpful. Thanks again!

2m7sn6c.jpg