• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Engagement on FA main site

Klox

Rollling Tumbling along
// EDIT PLEASE READ : It seems some people have misunderstood what im saying, sorry i wasnt clear ! I am not looking for advices to have more views or watchers. I am looking for advices to have more ENGAGEMENT & INTERACTION (comm, shout, chat, whatever) -like the title say. Of course, having more watchers and views probably increase the chances to have more interaction, but its not the main point of this post.
I used the comparison with deviant art to say that with an equivalent numbers of watchers, i have a lot more engagement from viewers on deviantart than on FA, and was wondering why and if it was something other users experienced. Some ppl on the thread say they have the same experience, some dont, everythings good and right in the world. Thats all :^) //

Heya everypony (^人<)〜☆

I'm putting it there, don't hesitate to tell me if its not the place. Also im pretty sure there must be other threads like that but i cant find it :V

So anyway, i'm wondering if I'm using the furaffinity website right, or if FA is dying, or if FA is just a store front, or anything else im missing ?

I've been on FA for around a month now, and its nice and all but I feel like its really lacking engagement from viewers. And personally thats the thing i value the most in a website -or else i wouldnt post at all, you know. I have a few watchers, and most of my artwork have a few likes (i know my watchers/fav number is really low lolol but since its my first social account, im still happy), and at first I was super happy with that, but after a while it just feels... useless ? Like ok you faved it, but why ? Did you just click on it randomly during a heart attack ? Why do you watch me ? When i submit new art, it's not even my watchers who fave it ლ(¯ロ¯"ლ) Why bothering to follow me if you dont even check what im doing ?? I just feel like there's 0 feedback and engagement. At first when i had a new watcher i was like _:3 」∠)_ i can die happy",, but now i'm more like "5 or 100 watchers, will the be a difference?"
In comparison, i fave a lot, almost always leave a comment, when i see a work i like i go to the artist page and check their other works and post one or 2 comm about what i like about them too -or well i used to, but now i use FA a lot less. I dont know, it just feels like the nice thing to do.

I went to create an account on Deviantart around a week ago, and it's like night and day. In 2 days i had more interactions on DA than in one month on FA. I dont even have that much more watchers there, but people leave comments, and they talk to me, and mutuals almost always leave a mark when i post something and i do the same so all in all the atmosphere is a lot more uplifting and i feel good when i log out. In comparison on FA i feel like i just pissed in the wind lmao (and the wind turned abruptly and now i have piss on my face)
And people on FA forum say DA is dead ?? That's what made me think that maybe i was living in a parallel reality on FA. But i dont think so because every time i check an artist who isnt crazy famous, most of the time there's 0 comm and 5 likes.

Maybe it's how the websites operate ? on DA there're groups (obv i went to the furry groups lol) where you can put your art in different folders, the groups are a mix between visual art, writing art, and journals about whatever, so it may encourage interactivity between users more. I can post an artwork, put it in the dedicated folders, and there are people favoring it even 5 days later because it didnt get drown immediately.
In comparison, on FA you post your art and it stays on the main page for 2 sec, and thats ALL you can do to promote your art. If you dont live in the USA where most of the fandom seem to live, its either you post at 5am and give up on having a standard sleep time, or you give up on having more than 10 views. This configuration is just deadly for people who dont already have a base. It's probably why i see tons of comments and faves in less than 5 minutes on artworks from artists who are already mega famous, and 0 for the others.

So my first question would be : do you agree with what i just said or am i smoking carpet ?? Is there actually another way to show your art except posting it with lot of tags and hoping that in the 2sec it will be in the front page somebody will notice it ? We do agree there's no group or whatever, right ? Why people say FA is more active than DA ?

My 2nd question is : How to promote engagement from viewers ? How can I change what i described up there ? Before definitely giving up on FA (ill keep posting and all but wont be emotionally invested in it anymore), i'd like to try some ideas. I see a lot of people doing raffle, and from what i understood its like you ask people to watch you and on Xeme watchers they'll have a free art, right ? Does it work, or does it bring people who just come for the free stuff but dont actually care about your art ?
I thought about commissions, too. I plan to do commissions in the future but felt like right now my art had not matured enough. I like my art and am pretty proud of what im doing (insert "its aint much but its honest work" meme here), but i thought id do commissions when im sure where my art is heading. However, maybe people prefer to interact with artists when they know they can have their character drawn by them, rather than just looking at their art ? I dont know pals.

3rd question : What website would you recommend to promote your art ? So i have FA and DA right now. And sorry if its rude, but isnt FA just a front store honestly ? Every time i go to the browse page to check nice art, i only see YCH, reminder, adopt, commission page, and close-up of penis (im fine with watching and drawing it, but honestly 100 artworks of that every hour?)... do FA put a max reminders for artist at least...
I heard about twitter, weasyl, discord (but i thought didscord was a messaging app?),... I'm a little submerged by everything lol. From your point of view, which websites is the best for engagement from viewers and art ?

THATS ALL so sorry for this novel (*ノωノ) I hope this post doesnt come as a vent post, even tho i AM a little frustrated lol. I just honestly want to know if I'm using FA wrong or if FA is not for me, and what could I do to change my overall experience.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Last edited:

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
So my first question would be : do you agree with what i just said or am i smoking carpet ?? Is there actually another way to show your art except posting it with lot of tags and hoping that in the 2sec it will be in the front page somebody will notice it ? We do agree there's no group or whatever, right ? Why people say FA is more active than DA ?

My 2nd question is : How to promote engagement from viewers ? How can I change what i described up there ? Before definitely giving up on FA (ill keep posting and all but wont be emotionally invested in it anymore), i'd like to try some ideas. I see a lot of people doing raffle, and from what i understood its like you ask people to watch you and on Xeme watchers they'll have a free art, right ? Does it work, or does it bring people who just come for the free stuff but dont actually care about your art ?
I thought about commissions, too. I plan to do commissions in the future but felt like right now my art had not matured enough. I like my art and am pretty proud of what im doing (insert "its aint much but its honest work" meme here), but i thought id do commissions when im sure where my art is heading. However, maybe people prefer to interact with artists when they know they can have their character drawn by them, rather than just looking at their art ? I dont know pals.

3rd question : What website would you recommend to promote your art ? So i have FA and DA right now. And sorry if its rude, but isnt FA just a front store honestly ? Every time i go to the browse page to check nice art, i only see YCH, reminder, adopt, commission page, and close-up of penis (im fine with watching and drawing it, but honestly 100 artworks of that every hour?)... do FA put a max reminders for artist at least...
I heard about twitter, weasyl, discord (but i thought didscord was a messaging app?),... I'm a little submerged by everything lol. From your point of view, which websites is the best for engagement from viewers and art ?

1: It could be anything because I have the opposite experience. Even though I draw primarily human art, I've got 354 watchers on FA, whereas in 12 years of DeviantArt, I've gotten 40- most of which are inactive and only one or two of them still fave anything. I get more comments and faves from FA. Honestly, I feel like timing might be the problem now and then. The site is hosted in the U.S, so if you upload outside their timezone, or at an hour when most people are asleep, there is a good chance they'll miss you on the front page. Deviantart you had absolutely no chance at getting spotted because of how many images are uploaded per second. o_O

2: Be consistent, persistent and remain active. It takes time to get noticed. People that enter raffles for freebies only care about the free art, straight up. As soon as it's done, or if you don't offer any more chances for freebies, they bail almost 100% of the time. If you want to sell out and cater to what everyone wants, then by all means, feel free to do so. Otherwise, do what you love, and your audience will eventually find you.

3: Deviantart, FurAffinity or Artstation if it doesn't intimidate you. The reason why YCHs are such a problem here and not elsewhere, is because FA has the better spotlight for it. Otherwise, their YCH's would almost always disappear in the wind on DA, assuming they don't already have a fanbase.

I personally like to have my own art in one place if I could, and that means FA, because they allow NSFW content. I love it. If other people love it, so be it. I'm not really here to draw for anyone other than myself though, so it really depends on what your artistic goals are.

As for feedback:

1)
on your FA page, you primarily upload fanart, which is mighty popular on DA, and your fanart is the only thing you have with a decent number of tags in it.

Example: louis beastar beastars fanart deer flower shojo style furry male school uniform VS furry anthro originalcharacter. It's just like... wompwomp, when you compare it. XD

One thing I've really noticed, is that people like to obsess over individual species. The more specific you are, the more likely people will click. Watchers seem to be really into proper category organization, so selecting those may be something you need to consider (as annoying as it may be sometimes).

2) (This one is more of a suggestion) You seem to like uploading the different stages of each image you create, which is great! Nothing wrong with that! But Maybe try moving the incomplete ones to Scraps in order to better present your completed ones? And then open folders for 'sketches' and 'outlines' that way if anyone is curious, they could look for them!

Another thing to keep in mind, is that when you take away all of these stages, you only have 16 images, most of which are requests and fanart.

(Art station is also good for this, because you could upload the end result AND include the step-by-step process directly underneath it! However... they have stricter rules, so... :confused:)

Last edited:

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Heya everypony (^人<)〜☆

I'm putting it there, don't hesitate to tell me if its not the place. Also im pretty sure there must be other threads like that but i cant find it :V

So anyway, i'm wondering if I'm using the furaffinity website right, or if FA is dying, or if FA is just a store front, or anything else im missing ?

I've been on FA for around a month now, and its nice and all but I feel like its really lacking engagement from viewers. And personally thats the thing i value the most in a website -or else i wouldnt post at all, you know. I have a few watchers, and most of my artwork have a few likes (i know my watchers/fav number is really low lolol but since its my first social account, im still happy), and at first I was super happy with that, but after a while it just feels... useless ? Like ok you faved it, but why ? Did you just click on it randomly during a heart attack ? Why do you watch me ? When i submit new art, it's not even my watchers who fave it ლ(¯ロ¯"ლ) Why bothering to follow me if you dont even check what im doing ?? I just feel like there's 0 feedback and engagement. At first when i had a new watcher i was like _:3 」∠)_ i can die happy",, but now i'm more like "5 or 100 watchers, will the be a difference?"
In comparison, i fave a lot, almost always leave a comment, when i see a work i like i go to the artist page and check their other works and post one or 2 comm about what i like about them too -or well i used to, but now i use FA a lot less. I dont know, it just feels like the nice thing to do.

I went to create an account on Deviantart around a week ago, and it's like night and day. In 2 days i had more interactions on DA than in one month on FA. I dont even have that much more watchers there, but people leave comments, and they talk to me, and mutuals almost always leave a mark when i post something and i do the same so all in all the atmosphere is a lot more uplifting and i feel good when i log out. In comparison on FA i feel like i just pissed in the wind lmao (and the wind turned abruptly and now i have piss on my face)
And people on FA forum say DA is dead ?? That's what made me think that maybe i was living in a parallel reality on FA. But i dont think so because every time i check an artist who isnt crazy famous, most of the time there's 0 comm and 5 likes.

Maybe it's how the websites operate ? on DA there're groups (obv i went to the furry groups lol) where you can put your art in different folders, the groups are a mix between visual art, writing art, and journals about whatever, so it may encourage interactivity between users more. I can post an artwork, put it in the dedicated folders, and there are people favoring it even 5 days later because it didnt get drown immediately.
In comparison, on FA you post your art and it stays on the main page for 2 sec, and thats ALL you can do to promote your art. If you dont live in the USA where most of the fandom seem to live, its either you post at 5am and give up on having a standard sleep time, or you give up on having more than 10 views. This configuration is just deadly for people who dont already have a base. It's probably why i see tons of comments and faves in less than 5 minutes on artworks from artists who are already mega famous, and 0 for the others.

THATS ALL so sorry for this novel (*ノωノ) I hope this post doesnt come as a vent post, even tho i AM a little frustrated lol. I just honestly want to know if I'm using FA wrong or if FA is not for me, and what could I do to change my overall experience.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

DA is far from dead, I can assure of that.

Klox

Rollling Tumbling along
I get what you mean. I fave most of the posts in my feed, yet I have around 25 followers, with an average of two favourites per post - one of which is usually from a non-follower.
Yeah, and not a lot of feedback either ? for me its the lack of feedback that bother me the most, not having a lot of watcher of fav is ok (even tho of course id prefer to have lot for VALIDATION haha), but why no one bother commenting or answering my com or wtv ?
that sucks :(

1: It could be anything because I have the opposite experience. Even though I draw primarily human art, I've got 354 watchers on FA, whereas in 12 years of DeviantArt, I've gotten 40- most of which are inactive and only one or two of them still fave anything. I get more comments and faves from FA. Honestly, I feel like timing might be the problem now and then. The site is hosted in the U.S, so if you upload outside their timezone, or at an hour when most people are asleep, there is a good chance they'll miss you on the front page. Deviantart you had absolutely no chance at getting spotted because of how many images are uploaded per second. o_O

2: Be consistent, persistent and remain active. It takes time to get noticed. People that enter raffles for freebies only care about the free art, straight up. As soon as it's done, or if you don't offer any more chances for freebies, they bail almost 100% of the time. If you want to sell out and cater to what everyone wants, then by all means, feel free to do so. Otherwise, do what you love, and your audience will eventually find you.

3: Deviantart, FurAffinity or Artstation if it doesn't intimidate you. The reason why YCHs are such a problem here and not elsewhere, is because FA has the better spotlight for it. Otherwise, their YCH's would almost always disappear in the wind on DA, assuming they don't already have a fanbase.

I personally like to have my own art in one place if I could, and that means FA, because they allow NSFW content. I love it. If other people love it, so bet it. I'm not really here to draw for anyone other than myself though, so it really depends on what your artistic goals are.

As for feedback:

1)
on your FA page, you primarily upload fanart, which is mighty popular on DA, and your fanart is the only thing you have with a decent number of tags in it.

Example: louis beastar beastars fanart deer flower shojo style furry male school uniform VS furry anthro originalcharacter. It's just like... wompwomp, when you compare it. XD

One thing I've really noticed, is that people like to obsess over individual species. The more specific you are, the more likely people will click. Watchers seem to be really into proper category organization, so selecting those may be something you need to consider (as annoying as it may be sometimes).

2) (This one is more of a suggestion) You seem to like uploading the different stages of each image you create, which is great! Nothing wrong with that! But Maybe try moving the incomplete ones to Scraps in order to better present your completed ones? And then open folders for 'sketches' and 'outlines' that way if anyone is curious, they could look for them!

Another thing to keep in mind, is that when you take away all of these stages, you only have 16 images, most of which are requests and fanart.

(Art station is also good for this, because you could upload the end result AND include the step-by-step process directly underneath it! However... they have stricter rules, so... :confused:)
1 : Realllyyy ?? thats crazy how opposite our experiences are !! you have lot of watchers, and they engage with you/give feedback ! because my main problem with FA is that i have an equivalent number of watchers on DA (15) and FA (11), but on FA almost 0 feedback (like maybe 5 com ? and some shouts?), while on DA i have some everyday, so i thought it was a pb from FA. But if you say for you its the contrary.... Do you have an idea why our experiences are so different ?
Yeah for the timezone its so annoying ! i tried different times (im in the central europe timezone), sometimes it seems like some hours are better than other, but maybe it could just be down to luck too. But i also have other stuff to do than stay up until dawn to see if posting in the middle of the night works XD What time do you think posting is the best ?

also deviantart there may be more artworks, but with the group stuff i feel like its actually more easy to get noticed ! in groups, there are 200 to 10000 members, and in each group there are folders, so when you post your art on the folders it can stay for awhile. also it seems like tags work better ? i know people notice my art even 1 week after posting it thanks to the tag, while on fa all the favorites i have on my work is from the few seconds its on the browse page.

2 : okay so no freebies then, or only if i want prompts bc im running out of idea XD i kind of knew that, because sometimes i see account on FA where all their journal posts are "free raffle on this artist" and then you see them in every free art thread....... i mean everybody is free to do as they wish, but they annoy me so much bc i feel like they exploit the very understandable need of validation of new artists and how many new artists gave up when their only interaction were with ppl like that ?? HOW MANY AWSOME ART WERE LOST TO TIME BC PEOPLE WANTED THEIR OC FOR FREE AND NOT WANT TO LOSE LIKE 10 BUCKS HOW MANY LIVES DESTROYED AND ok ill stop here lol

3: I never heard abt artstation, ill try then ! nothing to lose after all lol. Yeah i think having one main site for your art is better, bc i only have 2 accounts but it takes so much time to be active on them so i cant imagine having more ! thats why im searching for the best site to be my "main" for my art and interacting with cool ppl and then to have adjacent sites where ill post my stuff but wont be active.

And tysm for the feedback !
i actually only have 3 fanart, the 13 other ones are not ! but it seems like that bc i have like 4 different versions of each fanart XD i should change that. Like you said fanarts work so much better, its like a 5:1 ratio i swear ! understandable but very frustrating lol.
for the tags i wasnt aware thank you :0 !! i think i still dont really get it, like at first for a drawing with a fox and a moon id put "fox" and "moon". But then i saw others people tags and theyd put like bare feet boobs etc, and now i dont really know how to tag ? Like my chara have bare feet but i didnt think about that, they also have like legs and bare knees, should it tag "knee" ?? i-

And thanks for the suggestion ! i just cleaned my gallery a little like you said lol. sometimes i almost prefer the sketch version instead of the final work, but yeah i guess if i want a presentable gallery thats not the way to go :,)

anyway tysm for the detailed answer !

Klox

Rollling Tumbling along
Yeah, and not a lot of feedback either ? for me its the lack of feedback that bother me the most, not having a lot of watcher of fav is ok (even tho of course id prefer to have lot for VALIDATION haha), but why no one bother commenting or answering my com or wtv ?

1 : Realllyyy ?? thats crazy how opposite our experiences are !! you have lot of watchers, and they engage with you/give feedback ! because my main problem with FA is that i have an equivalent number of watchers on DA (15) and FA (11), but on FA almost 0 feedback (like maybe 5 com ? and some shouts?), while on DA i have some everyday, so i thought it was a pb from FA. But if you say for you its the contrary.... Do you have an idea why our experiences are so different ?
Yeah for the timezone its so annoying ! i tried different times (im in the central europe timezone), sometimes it seems like some hours are better than other, but maybe it could just be down to luck too. But i also have other stuff to do than stay up until dawn to see if posting in the middle of the night works XD What time do you think posting is the best ?

also deviantart there may be more artworks, but with the group stuff i feel like its actually more easy to get noticed ! in groups, there are 200 to 10000 members, and in each group there are folders, so when you post your art on the folders it can stay for awhile. also it seems like tags work better ? i know people notice my art even 1 week after posting it thanks to the tag, while on fa all the favorites i have on my work is from the few seconds its on the browse page.

2 : okay so no freebies then, or only if i want prompts bc im running out of idea XD i kind of knew that, because sometimes i see account on FA where all their journal posts are "free raffle on this artist" and then you see them in every free art thread....... i mean everybody is free to do as they wish, but they annoy me so much bc i feel like they exploit the very understandable need of validation of new artists and how many new artists gave up when their only interaction were with ppl like that ?? HOW MANY AWSOME ART WERE LOST TO TIME BC PEOPLE WANTED THEIR OC FOR FREE AND NOT WANT TO LOSE LIKE 10 BUCKS HOW MANY LIVES DESTROYED AND ok ill stop here lol

3: I never heard abt artstation, ill try then ! nothing to lose after all lol. Yeah i think having one main site for your art is better, bc i only have 2 accounts but it takes so much time to be active on them so i cant imagine having more ! thats why im searching for the best site to be my "main" for my art and interacting with cool ppl and then to have adjacent sites where ill post my stuff but wont be active.

i actually only have 3 fanart, the 13 other ones are not ! but it seems like that bc i have like 4 different versions of each fanart XD i should change that. Like you said fanarts work so much better, its like a 5:1 ratio i swear ! understandable but very frustrating lol.
for the tags i wasnt aware thank you :0 !! i think i still dont really get it, like at first for a drawing with a fox and a moon id put "fox" and "moon". But then i saw others people tags and theyd put like bare feet boobs etc, and now i dont really know how to tag ? Like my chara have bare feet but i didnt think about that, they also have like legs and bare knees, should it tag "knee" ?? i-

And thanks for the suggestion ! i just cleaned my gallery a little like you said lol. sometimes i almost prefer the sketch version instead of the final work, but yeah i guess if i want a presentable gallery thats not the way to go :,)

It kind of made me think of why i actually do so much trade and all instead of putting content which are 100% from myself, and i think its because im really afraid of having no feedback on something i did that was really important to me ? If you have no feedback on a trade or request or wtv you did its a little upsetting true, but if its the same for something where you put yourself in, i think it would be really discouraging.

Like i kind of want to do a comic with my OCs and my story and etc, and its still really not ready but its a real long term project. And i know that just one page takes at least a life to make. Itd be a comic with a fantastic/nostalgic/gorrish feeling and quasi no sex, so i know its not whats the most popular lol. Just to say that i know that if i post it from the get-go without a base, there will be probably no one interested in it and i couldnt blame people, bc im also not looking around for strange comics with bad english made by artist without a following. But i KNOW that if it happens, if i put hours of my life and deep personal things in a project and i have no feedback, i will be crushed, like crushed to the point that i would prob consider stopping making art.
So i want to create a base before doing this project, and i thought the easiest way to create a base is to do OC of other people and fanart. But maybe im doing it wrong. maybe i should put my oc and story out there and instead work on how i deal with rejection and to find value in what i do instead of counting on people to give it to me. Acknowledging that recognition is a humane need because we are a social species while also creating a stronger sense of self to attain... a healthy interdependence in my relationship to others.

Thank you for having witnessed this 2mn existential crisis lol (maybe fur affinity will push me to do a therapy lolol who says furry fandom was unhealthy ?? but therapy is expensive :( )

OK that was totally OFF TOPIC but you know what im letting it here

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
It kind of made me think of why i actually do so much trade and all instead of putting content which are 100% from myself, and i think its because im really afraid of having no feedback on something i did that was really important to me ? If you have no feedback on a trade or request or wtv you did its a little upsetting true, but if its the same for something where you put yourself in, i think it would be really discouraging.

Like i kind of want to do a comic with my OCs and my story and etc, and its still really not ready but its a real long term project. And i know that just one page takes at least a life to make. Itd be a comic with a fantastic/nostalgic/gorrish feeling and quasi no sex, so i know its not whats the most popular lol. Just to say that i know that if i post it from the get-go without a base, there will be probably no one interested in it and i couldnt blame people, bc im also not looking around for strange comics with bad english made by artist without a following. But i KNOW that if it happens, if i put hours of my life and deep personal things in a project and i have no feedback, i will be crushed, like crushed to the point that i would prob consider stopping making art.
So i want to create a base before doing this project, and i thought the easiest way to create a base is to do OC of other people and fanart. But maybe im doing it wrong. maybe i should put my oc and story out there and instead work on how i deal with rejection and to find value in what i do instead of counting on people to give it to me. Acknowledging that recognition is a humane need because we are a social species while also creating a stronger sense of self to attain... a healthy interdependence in my relationship to others.

Thank you for having witnessed this 2mn existential crisis lol (maybe fur affinity will push me to do a therapy lolol who says furry fandom was unhealthy ?? but therapy is expensive :( )

OK that was totally OFF TOPIC but you know what im letting it here

I always try to give feedback in every trade or commission I receive. My problem is often, I just have no input or I feel my input would be unwarranted as I would give bad advice to the artist.

Klox

Rollling Tumbling along
I always try to give feedback in every trade or commission I receive. My problem is often, I just have no input or I feel my input would be unwarranted as I would give bad advice to the artist.
I really dont think itd be unwarranted !! i know that personally when i receive even just a simple "nice work!!" it makes my day, more than a fav do ! and i think most artist feel the same :)) its like DRUG i swear lolol

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
I really dont think itd be unwarranted !! i know that personally when i receive even just a simple "nice work!!" it makes my day, more than a fav do ! and i think most artist feel the same :)) its like DRUG i swear lolol

I get you, my thing is my own art is very niche. So if I say "you could have done this or that", I feel like an arse when I personally don't judge my own art in such of a high standard.

The_biscuits_532

big anxious kitty

Yeah I've only had one instance of spontaneous engagement, when a user commented on an art trade piece I did for @sleepy kitty saying it was cute, then dmed me asking to do an art trade themselves.

Otherwise, all my comments are either updates by me regarding the art (Like, if I forgot to add a detail and changed the image, or a note about it), or engagement continuing from another post (Such as one guy who I follow mostly because we're both Beast Wars fans, and he commented on the photo I posted of my figure collection).

TyraWadman

1: Yea, but I personally don't join groups. I prefer to create than to explore and socialize. You should have a much easier time finding an audience if you like to do those things! XD That group thing probably helps a lot. I'm sure FA will have one eventually.

2: I agree! That and 'Iron Artists'. It definitely hurts the market a good bit, but what can you do? Some people just like having more of something, ESPECIALLY if they don't have to pay for it at all!

3: Just be careful and read over the rules! I can't remember what their policies on nudity is! XD But they do have a lot of cool features.

Tags is definitely a weird thing. Some people... you know... they like feet, so if that's what they're lookin' for...
You don't HAVE to go super in depth and list every visible part of the body, but definitely try to include more tags like: Animal species, whether its OC, objects that might be present in the image, the focus of it like if it's a school scene or someone studying. Emotions can be good too, if a character is sad or something like that.

And I totally get what you mean when you say the sketch looks better!!! I struggle with it all the time. T_T

TyraWadman

Also adding this seperately, instead of editing it in:

I like the fact that you moved your sketches to folders. Your art has some very bright and vivid coloring that stands out and I think this helps them to grab attention even more! Bright, pretty colors~!

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
FA is a porn website
That tells you all you need to know.

There are greener pastures if that's not your thing

Klox

Rollling Tumbling along
I get you, my thing is my own art is very niche. So if I say "you could have done this or that", I feel like an arse when I personally don't judge my own art in such of a high standard.
Oh i see ! Yeah in this case, if the artist didnt ask for constructive critiscism, i think it would be unwelcome to tell them what they should have done ! Nice comm is always cool tho haha

Klox

Rollling Tumbling along
1: Yea, but I personally don't join groups. I prefer to create than to explore and socialize. You should have a much easier time finding an audience if you like to do those things! XD That group thing probably helps a lot. I'm sure FA will have one eventually.

2: I agree! That and 'Iron Artists'. It definitely hurts the market a good bit, but what can you do? Some people just like having more of something, ESPECIALLY if they don't have to pay for it at all!

3: Just be careful and read over the rules! I can't remember what their policies on nudity is! XD But they do have a lot of cool features.

Tags is definitely a weird thing. Some people... you know... they like feet, so if that's what they're lookin' for...
You don't HAVE to go super in depth and list every visible part of the body, but definitely try to include more tags like: Animal species, whether its OC, objects that might be present in the image, the focus of it like if it's a school scene or someone studying. Emotions can be good too, if a character is sad or something like that.

And I totally get what you mean when you say the sketch looks better!!! I struggle with it all the time. T_T

1.Yeah the group thing is life-saving ! Even without socializing you can use them, you can just search for them with a key word and once you re part of groups, you can directly add your art in it from your gallery page ! Socializing is an optional bonus frankly, but i do bc i WANT FRIENDS im in lockdown i.i

2. Whats iron artist ? I checked and i saw it was a competition like iron chef, where a few selected do art on strange media like pasta. How does it hurt the market, or are iron artists smth else ?

3. Ah yeah, i forgot the nsfw ban everywhere on da i think its forbiden too, but i still see really porn art so its confusing lol. Ill be sure to check !

And thaaanks for the folders advice !! Im a little sad to see my sketches babies go but its definitely more pleasant to look at now !

Klox

Rollling Tumbling along
FA is a porn website
That tells you all you need to know.

There are greener pastures if that's not your thing

Yeah some days it definitely feels like it on the browse pagz ^^" im fine with porn but its often the same unimaginative poses so after a while it looks more like products than art....
Where are the greener pastures :3 ?

This has always been my experience too, but being a SFW artist might add to it.
Aw that sucks, sorry to hear that ! I know that without feedback i feel discouraged pretty quickly :/

Yastreb

If you dont live in the USA where most of the fandom seem to live, its either you post at 5am and give up on having a standard sleep time, or you give up on having more than 10 views.
This works both ways. If you post when Americans are sleeping your works are going to stay on the front page for longer. If you post when they are on FA more people might see it during its few moments on the front page but it will also get buried more quickly. I wouldn't expect there to be a huge difference either way.

The_biscuits_532

big anxious kitty
This works both ways. If you post when Americans are sleeping your works are going to stay on the front page for longer. If you post when they are on FA more people might see it during its few moments on the front page but it will also get buried more quickly. I wouldn't expect there to be a huge difference either way.
Also, one of my most consistent followers is Argentinian, meaning he's 3 hours behind me - so for existing followers that isn't really an excuse. The notifications come up all the same.

Connor J. Coyote

Heya everypony (^人<)〜☆

THANK YOU SO MUCH
For me - I'd suggest just tagging your stuff right - in a manner that will attract the most audience; (if attention and more views is what you crave)..... and in that regard - (even though your postings aren't on the front page very long) - those interested in the subjects you present in your art will still find your creations (when they search for those particular keywords).

As a general rule, (based on my past experiences) I can tell you that visitors (to this website here, in particular) do scroll through - and view postings well beyond just the first 2 or 3 pages, (of recent submissions)..... and so, even though you may not be "front and center" up there for very long, many people will still see your stuff; and - it'll largely depend on whether there's interest in the subject matter that your presenting; and not so much on the quality of the artwork itself, (on whether you receive any engagement on it or not).

And so, if you find that your postings aren't getting many "bites" from the local viewers - then, it may be due to not having adequate tags on them, or it could be - (dare I say) - simply a lack of interest (on the part of the audience) in the subject matter that your presenting at that time, *perhaps*. (I'm just speculating there).

But, in any case - it's always *a good idea* also, to diversify where you post your stuff - (if you haven't already); (and you can do this by posting in many other artwork-focused websites and communities).... and that way there - it *might help* in giving you more exposure also.