• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Epic and Memorable boss Battles

D

Deleted member 82554

I've had real life epic boss battles, does that count?

D

Deleted member 111470

Killing the Lich King on 25-man normal difficulty when he was current content was quite the feeling. I grew up with Warcraft 3 and I was waiting and waiting for the day I get to kill Arthas. It felt good when I finally did.

ConorHyena

From out of the rain.
Atheon from the Vault of Glass back when Destiny was released. I enjoyed that so much.

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
Jenova battles from Final Fantasy VII.

They creeped the everliving fuck out of me the first time I did battle with Jenova.

D

Deleted member 111470

Another one. The final boss of Oni in his alternative version, with this song playing as background:

I can still hear his voice in my head: "Join me, or die like all the others choking on dead air and foul water".

KimberVaile

Self congratulatory title goes here
Soul of Cinder from Dark Souls 3, Slave Knight Gael from Dark Souls 3. Demon Prince from Dark Souls 3, almost any Boss from Dark Souls really. I'm surprised Dark Souls 3 wasn't mentioned sooner. Champion Gundyr and Nameless King! Gosh, so many good ones.

Last edited:

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
The end of HL2 episode 2... defending White Forest base. I fucking hate it. That alarm sound gives me nightmares.

I HATE THE MAGNUSSON DEVICES. GIVE ME A FUCKING INFINITE CRATE OF ROCKETS AND I'LL WASTE THE FUCKERS, THOSE THINGS JUST BOUNCE OFF AND HUNTERS WON'T FUCKING LAY OFF.

D

Deleted member 82554

I once called my boss Mr Krabs then directed him to SpongeBob SquarePants. I wonder if he got the reference.

I thought that was pretty epic and memorable.

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
I'm one of those people who prefers quite a bit of grandeur in my boss fights. Shido from Persona 5, the giant mech Senator Armstrong pilots in Revengeance (not the Armstrong fight itself strangely enough), the five-phase fight against Brahmin in Digital Devil Saga 2... pretty much any of the Bel fights from Devil Survivor....

Actually I'd say one of the bigger ones that's stuck with me more than a few months is the final Redips fight in Mega Man X: Command Mission. Though mainly that's because that was during my speedrunning days and that was the end of a four-and-a-half-hour stretch of gaming.

....kind of worrying actually, given I've played so many other games with grander boss fights (the final bosses from The New Order and The Old Blood almost made this cut), that THESE are what I remember so well.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
Hollow Knight had some great bosses that got the heart racing and the anus clenching:

Stratelier

I've been playing a lot of Monster Hunter lately, so I can definitely pick out a few battles from that. Let's see...

MH4U
- Shagaru Magala (low-rank story boss): Gore Magala was my "wall" monster, so I was definitely concerned going in to face Shagaru. But we managed to not die, and win on the first attempt.
- Dah'ren Mohran (low-rank story side boss): He served as your opening tutorial in this game, but to fight him for real the first time was epic. Best moment was when I noticed my sidekick Palicoes manning the ship's weapons right alongside me.
- Dalamadur (high-rank multiplayer boss): This battle runs on spectacle -- the boss itself is ridiculous in size and a pretty big HP sponge to take down. First try didn't succeed, but the subquest was easy so we were able to back out, tweak the gear and try again -- but we still needed 40 minutes to win.

MH Generations / Generations Ultimate
- Nakarkos (high-rank hub boss): Attempted him multiple times with my Prowler, all failed or quit, eventually switched back to my hunter and defeated it in just 30min. Looking back, I'm certain all I needed to win was just a better overall strategy, because I know I almost had him....
- Amatsu (high-rank postgame boss): Very memorable, especially since this particular monster hasn't been seen at all outside Japan before.
- Ahtal-Ka (G-rank final boss): Attempted him with my Prowler, failed the first time but we just knuckled down and did better on the subsequent attempts, and won in <40min. The fight is epic and ridiculous and tense and all in the good way.

Okami
- Final Boss: I was able to beat Yami on the first try, and while the first phases are a pretty standard Zelda-like formula, that final phase goes basically all action. The buildup, the music (especially that music!), I also beat it on the first try but it didn't feel like a cheap victory.

Clippit

Let's green egg and ham it!
Anyone heard of Rygar and Altered Beast on PS2? 'cus their final bosses were quite absurd, especially Altered Beast's, which featured a shapeshifting monster with like five or six different forms you had to beat in a row.
I dunno what's with final bosses in reboots, but boy!

Alondight

always fluffy
For me, nothing beats Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower from Bloodborne:

Her design, her voice, her name, her backstory, her fighting style.. All of it makes her such a great character. And she's very difficult to beat, too. Oh, and her music theme!
As it transitions from phase to phase during the battle, oof, I get goosebumps every time.

C

CrookedCroc

Oh boy, I have so many but I'll keep it to three bosses.

The first one would be Kerghan from Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.
If you decide to fight him using your speech skill you can basically convince him to commit suicide out of love for the world he hates (I know it sounds weird but that's basically it)

The second one would be Jergingha from The Wonderful 101.
His boss fight is basically the final fight against the Anti-Spiral from Gurren Laggan, I don't know how else to describe it

The third one is the secret Jin Hayabusa fight from Nioh, he has all the classic NGB moves like the Inazuma drop, Flying Swallow and Art of Inferno wich make him pretty agile and quite different from any other boss in the game

The Matte-Black Cat

Dark/Psychic-Timid Nature-Often lost in thought
Screenshot_20181204-121121_1.png

Miracle Matter - Kirby And The Crystal Shards (N64)

Also, world's cheapest final boss -

Onaga_The_Dragon_King_1.png

Onaga - Mortal Kombat Deception (PS2)

SusiKette

Stage 7 boss, Bathin, from Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. Not a hard boss really, but still very memorable for me.

linkmaster647

I shall keep the beats
the fight against dialge in pmd eos will always remain in my memory...... i still remember the first time i killed dialga when i was a kid.... i was so proud

Stratelier

the fight against dialge in pmd eos will always remain in my memory...... i still remember the first time i killed dialga when i was a kid.... i was so proud
There are two reasons this fight is epic and memorable:
1 - It's a genuine battle with no safety net between you and a Game Over (unlike Gates to Infinity or Super Mystery Dungeon's final bosses)
2 - THE MUSIC. Being basically a battle remix of the "Time Gear" leitmotif but with a strong melancholy note, it absolutely fits the context in which this battle takes place.

linkmaster647

I shall keep the beats
There are two reasons this fight is epic and memorable:
1 - It's a genuine battle with no safety net between you and a Game Over (unlike Gates to Infinity or Super Mystery Dungeon's final bosses)
2 - THE MUSIC. Being basically a battle remix of the "Time Gear" leitmotif but with a strong melancholy note, it absolutely fits the context in which this battle takes place.
and as a kid, the moment right after led me shear the first and only tear from a video game...