• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Euhmmm O.o realization

Pinkporro

PinkPorroQueen
Okey this might be a long one but so i am sorry in advantage,...

The last few weeks ive been wondering and thinking and considering, about the fact that i might be a furry, because a good friend of mine who got my interest into this world...

Today i kinda realised something tho...

Years ago i had 2 friends who both where furry and tried to get me into it,... even tho i rlly loved the art and the idea... i was kinda like... yknoow... SHY !! so yeh i was like ehehe nahh this aint me !!

But now when i think about it,...

The furry world always made me wonder and took my interest... like yknow A LOT !!

But yeah i lost contact with them and years passed by, and i never rlly tought about it anymore,.... ofc until my scaley friend...

So conclusion / question...

Does this mean that i was / am (dont know ) a furry in denial??

Sorry for the long post and thank you for bearing with me !!

redhusky

Emperor of Floof! King of the Rats and Spamlord!
Okey this might be a long one but so i am sorry in advantage,...

The last few weeks ive been wondering and thinking and considering, about the fact that i might be a furry, because a good friend of mine who got my interest into this world...

Today i kinda realised something tho...

Years ago i had 2 friends who both where furry and tried to get me into it,... even tho i rlly loved the art and the idea... i was kinda like... yknoow... SHY !! so yeh i was like ehehe nahh this aint me !!

But now when i think about it,...

The furry world always made me wonder and took my interest... like yknow A LOT !!

But yeah i lost contact with them and years passed by, and i never rlly tought about it anymore,.... ofc until my scaley friend...

So conclusion / question...

Does this mean that i was / am (dont know ) a furry in denial??

Sorry for the long post and thank you for bearing with me !!
It means you were kinda into but it wasn't your main thing at the time.

Pinkporro

PinkPorroQueen
It means you were kinda into but it wasn't your main thing at the time.
I guess that makes sence tho it always interested me a lotbut at the time i tought it was more of a "sexual" thing i supose and now, by reading topics and being in some chats, and ofc my friend i realise its waaaayyyyy more then that !!

redhusky

Emperor of Floof! King of the Rats and Spamlord!
I guess that makes sence tho it always interested me a lotbut at the time i tought it was more of a "sexual" thing i supose and now, by reading topics and being in some chats, and ofc my friend i realise its waaaayyyyy more then that !!
It's good that you could see past that superficial aspect of it! I was always into anthro art since I was young because practically everything, from cartoons to books, had anthro characters in it.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
There is definitely that aspect and one could argue that the fandom rose to prominence during the early days due to the sexual art, but since then it's evolved into something quite a bit more.
People like to look for the negative in all things and I guess furries are an easier target than the BDSM culture because you're not gonna attack people who are masters at tying people up and flogging the hell outta them, right?

Pinkporro

PinkPorroQueen
It's good that you could see past that superficial aspect of it! I was always into anthro art since I was young because practically everything, from cartoons to books, had anthro characters in it.
Yeah so am i !! I love the art, costumes, fandom, and so on !! I am rlly greatfull for my friend who awakend thisworld once again for me !

Pinkporro

PinkPorroQueen
There is definitely that aspect and one could argue that the fandom rose to prominence during the early days due to the sexual art, but since then it's evolved into something quite a bit more.
People like to look for the negative in all things and I guess furries are an easier target than the BDSM culture because you're not gonna attack people who are masters at tying people up and flogging the hell outta them, right?
Yeah i guess so ! In the beginning i was i troduced i tought being a furry was a kink, but i am so glad that i realise now that its way more !! And that not alone... i found out that "furries" (the ones i got to know" are in generalway more accepting of who so.eone is witouth judgement, and caring... then "normal" people

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Yeah i guess so ! In the beginning i was i troduced i tought being a furry was a kink, but i am so glad that i realise now that its way more !! And that not alone... i found out that "furries" (the ones i got to know" are in generalway more accepting of who so.eone is witouth judgement, and caring... then "normal" people
Even though that may be true, just be aware of bad actors.
The fandom doesn't have a dogma or political agenda.
Furries are just as susceptible to hubris as anyone else, so I recommend not to automatically trust people more for just being furries.

Pinkporro

PinkPorroQueen
Even though that may be true, just be aware of bad actors.
The fandom doesn't have a dogma or political agenda.
Furries are just as susceptible to hubris as anyone else, so I recommend not to automatically trust people more for just being furries.
yeh i get that but i am weary as i have a lot of trust issues, i dont reply to the typical "hey cuty" and shit as i know where this leads... but yeh people are still people and i wil find out in the long run who is worth what,... but in the mean while im not gonna let it be an obstacle to make friends as long as people are respectful ^,..,^

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
yeh i get that but i am weary as i have a lot of trust issues, i dont reply to the typical "hey cuty" and shit as i know where this leads... but yeh people are still people and i wil find out in the long run who is worth what,... but in the mean while im not gonna let it be an obstacle to make friends as long as people are respectful ^,..,^
Of course.
Good luck, then, and welcome to the fandom.