• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Ever broken a disc on purpose?

M

ManicTherapsid

Like a CD disk? Yep. Quite a few times.

(Disclaimer: do not do this!) I even microwaved one once. For a split second it looks like one of those gates the Vex use in Destiny! Heres a video I found though.

I've even snapped apart a few Floppy disks or used them as beer coasters.

Sappho

Canis Centaurus
Like a CD disk? Yep. Quite a few times.

(Disclaimer: do not do this!) I even microwaved one once. For a split second it looks like one of those gates the Vex use in Destiny! Heres a video I found though.

I've even snapped apart a few Floppy disks or used them as beer coasters.
A valid answer

ben909

vaporeon
I tried to split one open, but failed

it had nothing on it, we had a stack of cd-r (think i got right letters) disks for some reason

Lexiand

Werewolf a Tophat
Disc? No

A screen? Yes.

Balskarr

The Lurking Hooman
Oh yes. Anger management has never been my strong suit but it's only actually happened once.

Considering how I don't even remember what it was I may have been better off for breaking it.

Shrug

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
I have one recollection of one event.

....well, not really, but I'm sure as heck reminded of it.

Apparently, when I was younger, (single digits, i think), my sister always told me that I used to go and scratch her games. I think one of them was actually snapped in half, but keep in mind, I was much younger then.

But now I am grown boyo, and I know better. I have far too many good CDs I'd not break.

Debating on snapping my copy of Infinite Warfare in half. What do you guys think?

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Yes...Half Life 2...I'll just re-quote my old story posting from another thread: https://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/your-saddest-video-game-moment.1665216/#post-6674469 to save me some typing:

I had a time when I bought Half Life 2 second-hand and was pretty excited about playing it. So I went online, did the usual login/register key, and it was already in use so I couldn't play the game. No biggie, I called the tech number and told them the situation and asked them to release the key. They asked me to prove I owned the game so I sent them a flat-scanner pic of the box with the key showing, my receipt, and a clock with the current date, and the physical disk. She laughed and agreed that I definitely owned the game. SO far so good, the system works, right?

So she types and types and then tells me my new key that she just generated for me and tells me to log in and try again. I thank her and hang up to do so right away. (I forgot...at the time this was DIAL-UP internet, so I could talk to her OR test the game but not both at the same time). SO I entered the key she just gave me...and was told it was ALREADY LOCKED OUT. (???) I called her back and sure enough in between me hanging up and dialing again, someone in the world using a cracker generator or something actually went in and used that key...maybe 50 seconds tops! The girl was flabbergasted but the proof of fraud was obvious (the user registered from Europe and I was obviously not in Europe) so she entered yet another key after killing off the one she just made, and told me to try again.

SAME RESULT!!! It took 5 tries before I finally slipped into the game first to register my own key! Success, yay! I played for a while, then hung up and called her back to let her know it succeeded and to thank her.

AS I called her, she started to apologize and I was confused. She told me she "knew why I was calling" and with a sigh started entering a new key. I started to tell her that it DID work, but apparently the key was locked out due to excessive attempts to use it WHILE I WAS PLAYING!

I told her to not bother, took the disk, and immediately downloaded a cracked version because this was getting ridiculous!!! Days later I got a message informing me that I was using a cracked version and when I explained why I was using one it was no excuse to them so I was locked out AGAIN!!!

At that point, I took the disk, threw it against the wall to watch it shatter, and realized that NO game is worth this kind of BS!!!

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
No because discs contain the memories and stands of another person and they are also unbreakable and they are also controlled by a gay priest in a prison.

Meta_Tiara

I’m one of those people who used a disc as a frisbee. Forgot what was even on the disc. XD

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf
Yeah, I have broken a disc on purpose once.

I was really angry when I got grounded for something stupid I didn't even have anything to do with, and broke my Diablo II disc.

Suffice to say I regretted it almost immediately afterwards.