• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Ever feel like your hated?

Wolf_Fox_Guy

Cant think up a custom title
I dont think the world would hate me for telling folks I'm a furry. to be honest theres nothing they can really do about it. Still it can be hard. I think you would probably be very misunderstood though. It's hard when you dont have people you can talk to about this in real life. and its hard to tell people. I'm not even sure how I would begin telling my GF (If I could ever fricken get one.) about being one.

Life's rough, you never really ask for any of it but you have to deal with it and be able to choke down seconds. best thing to do is just relax. dont think about it and soon enough you'll know what to do
 

Wolf_Fox_Guy

Cant think up a custom title
Bokracroc said:
firefox11790 said:
Bokracroc said:
Hate them before they hate you.

lol.

No seriously.
Look someone directly in the eye, not stare, but a glare.
If they glare back, walk up to the bastard (Females can still be bastards), point your finger in their face and firmly say: I hate you. I've got my eye on you.
little mean there isnt it?
 

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Wolf_Fox_Guy said:
Bokracroc said:
firefox11790 said:
Bokracroc said:
Hate them before they hate you.

lol.

No seriously.
Look someone directly in the eye, not stare, but a glare.
If they glare back, walk up to the bastard (Females can still be bastards), point your finger in their face and firmly say: I hate you. I've got my eye on you.
little mean there isnt it?
Bite them before they bite you.
 

Kasseth

New Member
Bokracroc said:
Wolf_Fox_Guy said:
Bokracroc said:
firefox11790 said:
Bokracroc said:
Hate them before they hate you.

lol.

No seriously.
Look someone directly in the eye, not stare, but a glare.
If they glare back, walk up to the bastard (Females can still be bastards), point your finger in their face and firmly say: I hate you. I've got my eye on you.
little mean there isnt it?
Bite them before they bite you.
Sounds like a typical day in the University of Colorado Engineering Center! :lol:

Actually no, seriously, you'd do quite well there, Bokracroc. Most of 'em are too afraid to stand up to that kind of confrontation, anyway. That fact really helped me feel more comfortable with expressing myself, let me put it that way.

As far as the whole 'feeling hated' deal goes, I used to feel that way all the time, until I finally realized that most of it was in my own head. Not many people actually know about my interests, and as for the ones that do, most of the time they don't judge you by it, or rub your nose in it. If they do, they're assholes, and you can write them off. It's not like there aren't plenty of people out there who support you, even if you don't know any of them personally.
 
I don't feel hated...in fact most of my friends were either furries when we met or they are sorta furry now. My fiance is the main problem though...he isn't a fur...and he is still wary of the "CSI Furs"
When I told my mom she was like "wow that is so you!" My mom likes my art and she even likes to draw dogs sometimes too. She even plays Animal Crossing lol.
 

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Kasseth said:
Sounds like a typical day in the University of Colorado Engineering Center! :lol:

Actually no, seriously, you'd do quite well there, Bokracroc. Most of 'em are too afraid to stand up to that kind of confrontation, anyway. That fact really helped me feel more comfortable with expressing myself, let me put it that way.

Bwaha. Are you serious? Because I'm totally not.
 

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Nope - I'm invisible. If anything others probably think I'm someone who doesn't stand out at all, or that I'm an Antisocial computer geek (which is far from the truth since I know little more about computers than my grandparents) who likely has some kind of Muffin Fetish. At High School reunion I'll probably walk in and talk to people and they'll say "Hm? I don't remember anyone of that name...". I'm one of two students who were not featured in the class of 2007 slideshow detailing all the seniors. (The other was a 16 year old girl who was promoted to senior early)

I probably would feel hated if I wore a fursuit and found some character in the college newspaper walking around saying "I secretly have a fetish for Animals!" and going after Lollis. Mind you the comic strip is far worse than GArfield - which is fully possible.
 

Pausert

New Member
Bokracroc said:
firefox11790 said:
Bokracroc said:
Hate them before they hate you.

lol.

No seriously.
Look someone directly in the eye, not stare, but a glare.
If they glare back, walk up to the bastard (Females can still be bastards), point your finger in their face and firmly say: I hate you. I've got my eye on you.
Great, until you get the shit beaten out of you by the majority you just insulted. I'll just go with being non confrontational most of the time.

Being hated for being a furry isn't a problem when people already hate you! I'm only partially kidding. If you're already a target of bigots and the like the effect of being a furry is null, especially if you don't advertise the fact you're a furry. This more common hate also tends to be more intense and masks the "fursecution".:roll:
 

Coffee

Member
I had a dream once that I was in the King dome while they were blowing it up.

It was this nigh-orgasmic combonation of exhilirating and fucking scary as hell.
 

Horrorshow

Built for Sin!
Actually, I'm pretty well liked.

Perks of being a human irl.
 
People accuse me of being a zoophile because sometimes I will acctually just sit there and stare at say, one o fmy dogs that has a hard on. Only cause I am interested in the way they are shaped, and sometimes practice drawing him standing there. Also, my boyfriend pics on me sometimes because everytime I get undress and naked, I have one dogs that ALWAYS shows a little pink if he is in the room. Kinda creepy really.

My mom doesnt understand my drawings and even when I am just drawing cuddling scenes, my teachers think I am drawing porn and I get suspended.

All in all, it is alot easier being a human irl. But then again...wouldnt it be a lot easier if EVERYONE was a furry? I seriously think those who are not are missing out on a lifetime of wonders.
 
firefox11790 said:
that its a vile cult like emo.

lol!

Luna_Redmoon said:
People accuse me of being a zoophile because sometimes I will acctually just sit there and stare at say, one o fmy dogs that has a hard on. Only cause I am interested in the way they are shaped, and sometimes practice drawing him standing there. Also, my boyfriend pics on me sometimes because everytime I get undress and naked, I have one dogs that ALWAYS shows a little pink if he is in the room. Kinda creepy really.

My mom doesnt understand my drawings and even when I am just drawing cuddling scenes, my teachers think I am drawing porn and I get suspended.

All in all, it is alot easier being a human irl. But then again...wouldnt it be a lot easier if EVERYONE was a furry? I seriously think those who are not are missing out on a lifetime of wonders.

D:
 
when it comes to hate...
my signature says it all. I live by that and this one, quoted Chuck Liddell

"Kicks to the head clear out the cobwebs."
:)
 
I'm very well liked but I'm also disliked by many, even hated. But who dosen't haqve people who just hate them for not real reason.

I got fired today cuz the right people wernt likeing me much, but that understandable. There was 3 girls who had a real problem with me, one of them a supervisors. I'm a WAY better worker then them. I took the fireing well, she said she would give me a glowing refence.

I'll have a new job in 2 days. :p
 
I dont understand why people have to hate someone anyway. I mean who the fuck cares if you are a furry? Does it matter? No. Who cares if you are gay or bi? Does it matter? Not really.
Sometimes I wish people could just back off and get along sometimes. Its alright to be different. Thats why we are human.
 

shiftyfox

Member
I hope im not hated. But nobody knows im into all this stuff either. I really don't think there are too many people out there who would really hate anyone for being a fur. However I think most people would think its really fucking weird, which it probably is. So you cant really expect them to understand what a fur is about. Its just one of those things better left to yourself. But who knows, maybe there will be a big furry rights movement in 20 years.
 

greg-the-fox

Well-Known Member
Being hated is one of my worst fears. Which might be why I find it hard to open up to people. But I'm coming out to more people (about being bi, not a furry) and I haven't really encountered any negativity. I was trying to hide it from one of my friends, but he found out anyway. I was certain he wouldn't want to talk to me anymore, but I was completely wrong about him, he said he doesn't care. That gave me some confidence.

I don't think anyone around here has even heard of furry, and if they found out I think it would probably be the ZOMG FREAK approach. But I think we have to realize that anthros are pretty common in society, they're in comics and disney movies, so someone who has never heard of furry probably won't consider furry art weird (unless it's yiff or something o_O) I think my brother has seen the thumbnails of my avatar pic that I leave lying around on my desktop, and he knows I use the name gregfox for stuff (because he has an annoying habit of peering over my shoulder) X3 but I don't think he even notices anything weird... >>

I've actually came out to 2 people about being a furry (that I know from school). One of them was an old friend of mine, she said she liked the display pic I had on MSN which was a picture of my fursona. I knew she was really open to stuff, so I asked her if she knew about furry, she said she already knew about it and thought it was cute, but wasn't one herself. The other had never heard of it and I was trying to explain it to him in the most innocent way possible, so I posted some links to help explain it and he thought it was pretty cool; then he posted a link to a whole bunch of yiff that he found and I was pretty fucking freaked out, but he didn't think it was that weird, and admitted that some of it was pretty hot X3 I'm not sure he'll end up being a furry though. :p

So as of now I don't feel hated, and I don't feel paranoid like I used to. :) (well as paranoid... :roll:)
 

harden13

Member
People are what they are of course you will be hated for being a furry. It has been that way for years and its never gonna stop! It is the same as people hating you cause you are gay, goth,emo, punk, or maybe you are another race...who knows. That is the way humans are and always will be, so its best to just take a deep breath and take it! Me for example my friends say all these things of how furries are sick and how they dont like them. Then one day i just came out and said it rite into thier faces...well pretty much the whole school knows now. But they are my friends and they accept you for who you are no matter what so yes it did take them a wile to soak it in but they dont care! But family is a little different...for example: If you are really close to someone in your family (trust wise) then you talk to them(my sister) as another example. I showed her the whole fandom the art and everything so she thaught it was pretty neat. So later on one day i showed my parents some of my art work(no yiff!) so i also told them about the fandom of the ups and downs and so they were accepting about it. In other words dont be afraid to tell your parents these kinds of things! Trust me this is coming from someone whos parents probobly saw that csi episode "10 times". So if you are ever feeling hated cause you are in the fandom then you can just ignore them!

Also if you want some tips on trying to tell your parents on being a furry or you want to tell your friends then let me knoe and i can tell you how it all works.
 
I keep hearing about the CSI furry...I dont know what it is cause [I know Im odd] but I hardly watch TV. My mom always is watching it cause she has TiVo and she watching Crime Scene Investigation and other shows like that all the time, so surprisingly I havent seen it.
Just wondering...what is it and is there a website I can go to to watch it?
 

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Luna_Redmoon said:
I dont understand why people have to hate someone anyway. I mean who the fuck cares if you are a furry? Does it matter? No. Who cares if you are gay or bi? Does it matter? Not really.
Sometimes I wish people could just back off and get along sometimes. Its alright to be different. Thats why we are human.

Who cares if you are gay or bi? Well plenty - If you're gay out where I am, you're likely to be lit on fire, since that's what a "Flaming homosexual" out here is.


It seems like culture has a thing to do with the "it's alright to be different" thing. There are signs in germany that read "SM sex party 7 PM" in plain view. If you did THAT in the US you would have cops busting down the door and arresting you for assault.
 

Kasseth

New Member
Bokracroc said:
Kasseth said:
Sounds like a typical day in the University of Colorado Engineering Center! :lol:

Actually no, seriously, you'd do quite well there, Bokracroc. Most of 'em are too afraid to stand up to that kind of confrontation, anyway. That fact really helped me feel more comfortable with expressing myself, let me put it that way.

Bwaha. Are you serious? Because I'm totally not.

Sad thing is, to some extent I am. It usually doesn't get to the point of telling people off, but there is this underlying tension there, as though everyone is on the brink of losing it. I'm often one of them; that's why I joke about it. Too many long nights will do that to you. I can't say I've ever personally told anyone off, though I've been told off by a few people.
 

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Kasseth said:
Bokracroc said:
Kasseth said:
Sounds like a typical day in the University of Colorado Engineering Center! :lol:

Actually no, seriously, you'd do quite well there, Bokracroc. Most of 'em are too afraid to stand up to that kind of confrontation, anyway. That fact really helped me feel more comfortable with expressing myself, let me put it that way.

Bwaha. Are you serious? Because I'm totally not.

Sad thing is, to some extent I am. It usually doesn't get to the point of telling people off, but there is this underlying tension there, as though everyone is on the brink of losing it. I'm often one of them; that's why I joke about it. Too many long nights will do that to you. I can't say I've ever personally told anyone off, though I've been told off by a few people.

I just said something stupid and ran with it... o.o
 

Vonoluga

New Member
Oh yes, always, I always feel that I'm hated. Most of it's indirect hate though, like when people say "Ugh I hate everyone" or "Ugh people are so stupid they should just die." Still though, I am hated and I feel hated. It is sad, very sad indeed.

Ok seriously, no, I don't feel hated, but that's because I don't identify myself as a furry. For people who do though, don't take it so hard. Generally all of furry hatred comes from "internet /b/tards" who are just overly hostile in expressing their differing opinions, and the media which intentionally misrepresents the fandom to make a good show/get high ratings. I wouldn't let the hate get to you, unless the furry fandom is truly a major part of your life and of course if that's the case then you have every right to feel hated. But you're better off just not letting it get to you.
 

Chanticleer

Member
I live in a really conservative community, but I don't feel hated because I'm so deep in the closet I might as well have had Montresor personally brick me in.

I do however intensely fear and despise hatred.

I once had a dream that the fact that I was a furry got out just in time for there to be a major segregation movement for people of alternate sexualities (or just people who the government thought were "abnormal")
So I was shoved into a concentration camp style "school" for "Protection."
Then after hanging out there for a while and being oppressed, this sort of nasty Death squad style group started making an appearance and ritually murdering several of the "students."
The dream ended with some of the squad's members chasing me down. I got the satisfaction at the end of plunging a pair of pruning shears into the guts of one of them just before I woke up.

so in short, no I do not feel hated, I feel afraid
 
Top