• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Ever hate those nasal spray medications that you have to take sometimes?

Skittlesthehusky

#1 forum dweller, fear me if you see me.
For context; I'm talking about the allergy or sinus infection medications where you spray the stuff up your nose through the bottle. aka these things;
16201-7.jpg

It sucks! I hate putting things in my nose sometimes.

tmi warning;
especially if i can feel the medication slowly leaking out from my nasal passage and into my throat and i can kinda taste it. it's disgusting and feels weird. i hate having the urge to constantly sniff or sneeze after i put it in too. ee

Tazmo

Trash connoisseur
I just take the pills. The spray gives me nosebleeds

Skittlesthehusky

#1 forum dweller, fear me if you see me.
I just take the pills. The spray gives me nosebleeds
ahh yikes, i'm so sorry that they cause nosebleeds.
i completely forgot that they had the pills, honestly. aren't they the tiny white or pink ones?

Tazmo

Trash connoisseur
Thanks . Think the ones im taking are the tiny white ones

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I took one once, and it had the weirdest fake flowers smell...Flonase???? Was for a cold, luckily, I don't have allergies to pollen, and could probably snort lines of the stuff, with little effect. Not that I plan to, nor would I suggest it :p

Deathless

ĎĴĔVĔĹĔŃ
Actually, certain decongestant nasal spray is my life blood, it's not uncomfortable when you rely on it all the time. I carry it with me almost everywhere I go and especially with my allergies acting up, I'm SUPER dependent on them. I hate the ones you mentioned and they don't even work, I use the small ones from Afrin.

Ra'ara Su'nai

The golden-voiced fox
I'm kind of in the same boat as Deathless. My nose plugs up quite often(I think it's a chronic condition or something). I always use the nose spray before bed. One time I didn't, and I woke up choking because breathing through my mouth caused my mouth to become too dry and my throat to be blocked by mucus. Thank God my grandpa had his rescue inhaler handy.

xremeidiot

Friendly Red-Backed Butcher-Birb Boi
I was considering heading down to Walgreen's and getting some actually, I was miserable. Thankfully I found a mask I can wear while mowing, and it worked surprisingly well. Claritin remains enough for me!

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I was considering heading down to Walgreen's and getting some actually, I was miserable. Thankfully I found a mask I can wear while mowing, and it worked surprisingly well. Claritin remains enough for me!
I wear a HEPA respirator when I'm mowing, scraping old paint, spray painting, etc. I'm also finding the Mid-West is pollen central right now. I use the prescription strength fluticasone AKA Flonase. Some nosebleeds and it kills my sense of smell for a few hours but at least it doesn't affect me in other ways. There's at least another month or so of this bad pollen. Gah.

C

CrookedCroc

You know what's worse?
This thing
images - 2019-04-30T140137.685.jpeg

It feels like spicy lard and it is a pain to wash off

I carry a nasal spray with me this time of year. Allergies get real bad. It sucks at first, but it clears my nostrils for a good while after that

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Went with the wife and daughter to the local home improvement big box store. They decided to roam the gardening department and I felt like cr@p afterward. Eyes still itchy as all get-out at the moment. I hate springtime.

Vari

Purple Fluffy Folf
Pills never worked for my sinuses, so I decided to give nasal spray a try. I’ve barely had a problem at all with my sinuses since then, so I don’t mind using them as much as other might.

D

Deleted member 82554

Not really because often it's the only thing that works. A moment of discomfort is worth it for hours of relief.