• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Ever Killed an Animal?

Kashou

The Lone Wolf~
It has been said that, unlike the stereotypical view of furries that only are interested in having sex with each other in fursuits or other animals, that we're actually the ones helping animals, donating to organizations and all that good stuff. So now the big question to see if this is true and to what extent. Have you ever killed an animal before, whether that be for hunting or exterminating. Bugs don't count; mice and rats do. Me, personally, I thought I never would but it was that one faithful night only a few days ago, it was dark and I was driving... A freakin' possum ran out in front of my car and I had no time to avoid it and ended up running over it. Scared {scar, not scare} me for the entire night and I couldn't even talk. . . . Other than that, I have never intentionally killed another living creature.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Your red text matches nicely with the topic :U

I have never, although I have no problems with it as long as it does not go beyond tampered economical/environmental/ethical reasons.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
2 aggressive stray dogs that attacked me(not sure if they are dead but i whacked em good more than a few times until they stopped coming at me), a pile of deer whilst hunting, a possum i ran over(it actually committed suicide because i stopped and let it go on across the road but when i started driving again it ran back under my wheel), and a number of pigs and cows when i worked for a slaughterhouse.

Dreaming

Back when I was a freaking sociopathic kid, yeah... Recently? Yeah, caught a mouse but intended to catch it alive, but that shit went south fast

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
I shot a couple deer a few years back and have run over a squirrel on accident. Can't remember any other than those.

kyfox

I kill mice, but now we have a more than sufficient supply of cats, so I'm more than happy to let them do it.
I hit one of my cats driving home one night.
I fish a little, but probably won't go hunting anytime soon.
I'm not huge on killing animals, but I would if I had a good reason(food, pests)

Percy

o-o
Never anything beside from insects and arachnids. I haven't needed to, nor have I unintentionally.

Last edited:

Hewge

Banana Party
Banned
I've killed countless bugs. I killed maybe 2 mice and rats or something. But it wasn't really intentional. >.>
I killed a shark once. Ate it too.

Does it count as killing if I just ate it but didn't kill it myself? If so then a crocodile and a kangaroo would be in there too. But I feel like those don't really count.

'Stralia! !

Cocobanana

If bugs count then I've killed many flies and spiders and ticks and silverfish in my day.

Other than that, I've never harmed or killed an animal and don't intend on changing that unless a time comes where we have to hunt for ourselves individually.

Kangamutt

Few rats via traps. One got caught by the tail, and I didn't have the heart to finish him. Let him loose in the backyard. Couple days later a trap goes off. Same rat, done came back into the house and took to the trap again. Though the second time around got him the right way. Other than that, numerous fish out on camping trips.

sunshyne

Excluding bugs, I don't think I've ever killed an animal before. Last night I saved an animal, though -- I heard loud thumping coming from the (running) clothes dryer, and opened it up to find my roommate's cat inside. He had jumped in before my roommate shut the door and roommate didn't notice.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
I've only killed bugs and spiders. I've bumped a deer in its ass with my truck but it kept running as if nothing happened.

whiteskunk

A couple ducks, lots of fish, one or two squirrels. One type not commonly listed and won't be mentioned here (during military service).

Kashou

The Lone Wolf~
I've killed countless bugs. I killed maybe 2 mice and rats or something. But it wasn't really intentional. >.>
I killed a shark once. Ate it too.

Does it count as killing if I just ate it but didn't kill it myself? If so then a crocodile and a kangaroo would be in there too. But I feel like those don't really count.

'Stralia! !

Neh, eating it but not killing it yourself wouldn't count. If that were the case I'd have been an associate to killing nearly every seafood out there... Even when I went fishing never could actually kill the fish. Did everything I could to keep them alive unlike my dad who tried to do the exact opposite, Lol.

TeenageAngst

Banned
Banned
A couple ducks, lots of fish, one or two squirrels. One type not commonly listed and won't be mentioned here (during military service).

Brown people are people too.

badlands

drunken pirate
loads of rabbits, wood pigeons, rats, mice and crows for pest control. comes with helping on a small holding. i don't like killing if i don't have to but i'd rather shoot and kill them quick than put poison down or let my friend send his ferrets down the warren.