• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Ever posted pictures that were received beyond your expectations?

dischimera

Have you ever seen pictures being well received to the point they exceed your original expectations?
I don't mean pictures that are bad. You were satisfied with your work, but you just didn't expect it to get as many favorites/comments as it ends getting over time for a reason or another.

There were a few times I got really confused about what made this or that picture more appealing or suddenly bump to top 4 in the statistics or something. How about you? How often does it happen in your gallery? Does it happen? Wanna share your thoughts?
I'd rather see if anyone is interested in replying before posting about mine.

Of course, I'm not even sure a lot of people bother checking stats now and then like I do. Maybe I'm one of the few who cares about that e_e

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Haha, all the time. A few weeks ago I uploaded some crappy Batfam sketches that got like 10 times more notes than some of the things I put actual effort into.

Just try not to worry about it and draw what you want.

dischimera

Two of my submissions surprised me. I didn't put any more or less effort in them, although one looks clearly like it had more mistakes done in the end.
The first surprised me because, well I kinda hoped it would get more attention than it was fated to. Even towards the niche I target people usually go "Pikachu...? Eeeeh... No." The outcome though was that it's still the most faved picture within my gallery >_>
The second one surprised me a lot more though. It features friggin Chip from Sonic Unleashed. I did it both as a challenge to myself and as a prank to viewers. It went from 8th place or something to top 4 and since then been making me confused about what people really like on my work.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
Well, I was pretty happy with how the drawing in my avatar came out, but I wasn't expecting any sort of attention from it. After I uploaded it, my inbox exploded. I'm glad people liked it though.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Back in the day (early 2000s) i got featured on deviantART's front page multiple times a month for my non-furry stuff. it's all gone now so don't bother looking. What little i still have in that gallery still gets at least 10 favorites and comments a week but they're sooooooo fuckin' oooooooooold! i only log in once every couple of weeks at the most but my inbox is always stuffed.
i don't get attention for my new stuff or my current furry junk but that's okay. i prefer the quiet; not having to deal with comments and notifications piling up.

A

Amiir

I only posted pictures that were received below my expectations :-/

There was this awesome (to my eyes at least) drawing I had been making all day, fully shaded, multiple characters and with background. Alright, the background was just a photo so that doesn't count but still, the rest I had put a lot of effort into. The most I got that day was 4 faves. Screw this shit

dischimera

I only posted pictures that were received below my expectations :-/

There was this awesome (to my eyes at least) drawing I had been making all day, fully shaded, multiple characters and with background. Alright, the background was just a photo so that doesn't count but still, the rest I had put a lot of effort into. The most I got that day was 4 faves. Screw this shit

There was one particular pic of mine that made me disappointed at its reception. It took me 5 atempts before I considered it good, I was really proud of it, but in the end it barely got more faves than my black and white uploads... Something feels wrong about asking people "why" so I don't. I wish I could.

Ruggy

Well. In college, there was a time where my lazy ass was short one piece for mid-term critique. So that morning I spent 30 minutes making a fake coloring sheet, and about 2 minutes coloring it like a 5-year-old might.

Guess what my professor spent the entire 45 minutes talking about? That damn coloring sheet. He loved it. "Did you get an actual child to color this? It's perfect! It looks just right!"

At least it was well-received. P:

And the most recent piece I did for Red has the most favorites and retweets of anything I've done. Not that I'm terribly surprised, given the subject matter and how many friends she had, I just didn't know that many people were looking.

sidewalksurfboard

Depressive Rat
Well, the piece of "art" (if you can call it that) that got the most faves was a flash game where you dressed up a FNAF character.

malibu

This has happened to me befor. My most popular piece on FA was just a soft shaded sketch that I didn't really intend to be serious, hah.

LegitWaterfall

Forever done
I'm noticing a pattern. When work has less effort in it, it's more favored...

I don't think I've ever had any huge response to anything I've posted from other folks on FA, although I can't complain about the positive and flattering comments I've gotten along the way, however many or few. I know there have been a few that I thought turned out a lot better than I'd envisioned them before they were finished; one or two were drawn with my mouse as opposed to an ink & scanning. I'm pretty sure all of them are on my FA gallery.

-2Paw.

Tiamat

Sex nuts and retard strong
Banned
When I painted my Children of Rune pic for my wifes rattery, I had no idea it would become a Daily Deviation...still collecting favs on Deviantart.

I'm very proud of course, but it took me by surprise.

Also recently Weird Tales featured my demon apple on their Faceboook page. I did not know, when I found out and checked it out, it had 2500 likes...which made my day!

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
Yeah. Only one. My first digital drawing, ever.

meteor_man_by_flashmagnanimous.png

Why the fuck does everyone like it?