• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

F2F Bartenders and Booze hounds.

MadHatter

So I searched the forums and didnt find a thread made like this that is under two years old and not locked. I am looking to share favorite drinks. Drink recipes you know. Bar reviews. The best sorts of tobacco products you enjoy while having an alcoholic beverage. Basically if it has to do with drinking this is the place for it. If I some how missed a thread and duplicated this well Im sorry as I did about five searches to ensure I didnt.

So I will kick things off with two of my favorite drinks
Mnt Dew and Scotch. Frankly I thought this would be weird but on a buddies advice I went for it and its pretty damn good
An Orange Tic-Tac: one to one and a half shots of Bacardi lemon rum (Depending on glass size) with a the rest of the glass being Dr Pepper. If you mix this just right it tastes like biting into....you guessed it an orange tic-tac

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
I am partial to frosted vodka served with lime juice as shots.
Or tequila. Again with lime.

Tequila, mango juice, lime and a bit of cordial is nice.

Or just vodka.
Or just tequila.
Both.

Lots.

I don't have a problem.

MadHatter

I am partial to frosted vodka served with lime juice as shots.
Or tequila. Again with lime.

Tequila, mango juice, lime and a bit of cordial is nice.

Or just vodka.
Or just tequila.
Both.

Lots.

I don't have a problem.
Of course. Unless you go to meetings you are not an alcoholic dont ya know. So does that recipe work with vodka rather then tequila? Not a big fan if tequila for a few reasons so was wondering if you ever tried other liquor with it.
Also do you have a favorite type of beer or spirit?

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Of course. Unless you go to meetings you are not an alcoholic dont ya know. So does that recipe work with vodka rather then tequila? Not a big fan if tequila for a few reasons so was wondering if you ever tried other liquor with it.
Also do you have a favorite type of beer or spirit?
A good potato vodka goes well with mango, or rum, preferably a milder rum,

Another good one which is horrible, is vodka, redbull and pomegranate juice, take a tumbler, put in 1-2 shots of vodka, half a can of redbull and the rest juice, tasty as fuck, boozegasmic.

Next time you make a rum and coke, put some frozen raspberries in instead of ice, Fucking rocks tits so hard. Extra points if you use a dark rum.

For me my tastes in spirits is rather diverse, from a peaty scotch to tequila, to rum and gin to vodka. Though I tend to be more knowledgeable of Vodkas and whatnot.

I am partial to microbrews so likely my choice is not available, but many of them are strong, hard hitting, heavy and bitter stouts or very sharp hopsy reds with a bitey aftertaste.

MadHatter

Hmm I've not tried those combos but I shall have to do so soon. I've had a lot of weird drinks having traveled with the military. The worst being Habu Sake. That crap tastes like it had a dead snake in it. But it was my last day in Japan and its sorta something you gotta do. Best drink are the various flavors of Hi-Chu canned or mixed at the stands. The stands are better though. They tend to be very sneaky as you cant taste the liquor in it. Once you try to walk it tends to kick in though.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Watch out for the pomegranate one, it's a tad /too/ tasty. Works without vodka too fairly well if you just want tasty energy juice.

Add lover(s) and that boozed energy juice and horribly good things tend to happen.

Also pomegranate juice makes you look classy.

Nashida

She do a blep
I'm still learning the ropes really, I've drunk nothing but beer since I was in China. I've learned to enjoy some of the more seasonal brews and a few microbreweries. Wines, I love. I'm a fan of a good moscato, a Riesling, or even a Zinfandel. I have a bottle of Rose that's tasty as fuck.

For mixing, I tend to do a Creamsicle (Vanilla vodka, the rest of the glass is a dry orange soda like Polar orange dry or San pellegrino), a rum and Coke (usually lemon rum), margaritas, and a drink I mak with Midori Melon, Sweet and Sour, Coconut Rum, and Sprite.

Pepe le Chew

nenenenenene~
Or just vodka.
Or just tequila.
Both.

Lots.

I don't have a problem.

I think you're my new hero. :D

Honestly, a bloody mary and margarita are my usuals. If I'm feeling something light, a Corona with lime. Heavier, a scotch on the rocks.

Mnt Dew and Scotch. Frankly I thought this would be weird but on a buddies advice I went for it and its pretty damn good

.. I.. can't say I've ever thought of this, but I'll give most anything a try.

Last edited:

TobyDingo

Pasties, Cider, Surfing.
Hendricks Gin and indian tonic with slices of cucumber or Hendricks and sparkling elderflower.
Old J rum and ginger beer.
And you can't go wrong with a Mojito as long as it's well made.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
My go-to is usually whiskey and coke, though lately I've been dipping into Wild Turkey bourbon.

I enjoy mai tais though, even if I still haven't mastered the correct mix of them.

Oh, want to know an easy drink that'll get you fucked up?

Vodka
Coffee cream

If you buy some of those gourmet coffee creamers (I like the GIrl Scouts Cookies ones) and mix that with vodka and some ice, you're pretty good to go. Maybe a pinch of butterscotch schnapps to cut some of the bite. Love it.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Heya! Whiskey guy here.

I, as ever, recommend the 18yr Highland Park, but I've also just recently bought the Lagavulin 16yr and it is fuckin' fantastic.

Last edited:

dialup

wet floop
I love frozen margaritas. At my favorite bar I always get them for $2 before 11.

I also really like whiskey sours, Colorado bulldogs, and tequila sunrises.

As far as beer goes I usually just stick with Shiner Bock, but I like so many others it would be too long of a list, haha.

MadHatter

I love frozen margaritas. At my favorite bar I always get them for $2 before 11.

I also really like whiskey sours, Colorado bulldogs, and tequila sunrises.

As far as beer goes I usually just stick with Shiner Bock, but I like so many others it would be too long of a list, haha.
What is in a Colorado Bulldog? And where the heck do they sell a frozen margaritas for 2$ oh man you're lucky.

MadHatter

Man...I can't get a $2 margarita anywhere except for one place and it's only until 5pm, and it has to be the house one.
Do they add it has to be a full moon on a the first Friday of the month too? Yes those are some annoying restrictions.

dialup

wet floop
What is in a Colorado Bulldog? And where the heck do they sell a frozen margaritas for 2$ oh man you're lucky.
It's a White Russian with Coke in it, haha.

And I live in Texas. The bar that street is on is right next to a college, so yeah. They don't even give you piddly tiny cups either, it's a pretty good sized glass. :eek:

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
I miss getting a frozen mango margarita in an 800 mL Hoegaarden glass.
I could use one of those. All I have right now is vodka though.

MadHatter

I think it's only on Tuesday. Can't remember, I haven't been there in a while since their food is so pricey. Plus it's so much cheaper to mix at home
Indeed it is. Also you can concot crazy drinks at home the the bars will never mix for you. Or at least not mix without charging a crap ton of money.

It's a White Russian with Coke in it, haha.
And I live in Texas. The bar that street is on is right next to a college, so yeah. They don't even give you piddly tiny cups either, it's a pretty good sized glass. :eek:
I almost fear the concept of milk and Coke but Im game to try this, I will have to make it.

I could use one of those. All I have right now is vodka though.
Im down to beer and scotch. Need rum in the house.

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
With the hangover I'm suffering from today, I swear never to drink again.

But when I do Koppaberg Naked Apple is where it's at. In fact Kopperberg is best cider, which is in itself the nicest alcohol.

Or Jagermeister and Monster....

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Im down to beer and scotch. Need rum in the house.
Beer is good. Scotch is something I would not want to get drunk on. Yeesh. Hangovers much?

MadHatter

With the hangover I'm suffering from today, I swear never to drink again.
Aaah the oft quoted rarely followed mantra of the morning after......

Beer is good. Scotch is something I would not want to get drunk on. Yeesh. Hangovers much?

I usually dont get drunk. Too old to recover in a state fit for school any more. Besides I never get drunk on anything but vodka if I can help it. Reason being is that way I dont reek of boozed when I wake up. Scotch is too fine a drink to slug back. I tend to enjoy it over time rather then guzzle it.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Wise man.

Except I rather tequla as if you bring enough of it everyone ends up topless.