• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA Art Contest: When Bad Things Happen - CLOSED

tsawolf

As frequent purveyors of FA know, when we are doing work on the main site or on the forums and one tries to access FA, they're greeted by a "Connection Refused" or a lovely blank white page. Descriptive, huh?

We're looking to change that. But we need your help!

We're starting a contest, to be voted on by staff, for three images to be used for different error pages. Because my artistic ability is limited to pointing and screaming "OOH SHINY!", the contest is going to be rather open ended. The only real rule is that the image must be PG-13, and must portray Fender, or Fender and Rednef only. The error message itself will be text, so you don't need any text in the image for that.

There are three different images we are looking for.

1. Fur Affinity Down for Maintenance
2. Fur Affinity Forums Down for Maintenance
3. Item Cannot Be Found (Journals, Images, Users, etc.)

Art away!

Contest closes March 31st. All entries must be in by March 31st.

RE: FA Art Contest: When Bad Things Happen

hey i am working on a pic...it sucks but oh well

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART

Is there an end date to this contest?

done...http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1041419/

tsawolf

Aden said:
Is there an end date to this contest?

Oh, yes, I'm sure there is.

I have no idea when though. Certainly it'll run a minimum of a week, but it may run longer. Much longer. I don't know. :)

Nicona Shadowwolf

Who are we talking about?

It might be a good idea to post the contest info on the FA main page too. Might get more participation that way.

BijouxDeFoxxe

shake wut ur mama gave u

you already know my idea... which I shall prolly draw sometime in class tomorrow... 4 hours of History of Political Theory of the Ancient World i must sit through...

sakket

poot poot pooters

what about an animation? like a flash thing? or a gif..

tsawolf

sakket said:

An animated GIF is fine, as long as the size can be something reasonable.

Flash is out, as it should be viewable by everyone regardless of what browser they are using.

Aden

tsawolf said:
sakket said:

Flash is out, as it should be viewable by everyone regardless of what browser they are using.

Mhm, I hate coming across imbedded Flash content when I'm on my mobile device. Heaven forbid the entire site is flash. x..x

sakket

poot poot pooters

Aden said:
tsawolf said:
sakket said:

Mhm, I hate coming across imbedded Flash content when I'm on my mobile device. Heaven forbid the entire site is flash. x..x

if only there was some way to incorporate both in the same page so even though on might not work, the other still will.. oh well. someday pictures AND sound will be available to all!

Eevee

Banned
Banned

I am quite happy without documents interrupting my music, thank you very much.

so am I the only one who is going to participate...or did everyone not post their picture?

just wondering...

decaf

shebawolf145 said:
so am I the only one who is going to participate...or did everyone not post their picture?

just wondering...

i plan on joining

Aden

I still may draw something, but I have to be happy with it. So...it could be awhile. :p

oh ok, just wondering :) I just was kind of surprised that everyone hasn't totally jumped on this..

Kuya

shebawolf145 said:
oh ok, just wondering :) I just was kind of surprised that everyone hasn't totally jumped on this..
It'll happen, just give it some time =3

Esplender

How about taking in every (Or at least a good handful) entry and have them display randomly whenever their assigned error page comes up?
Surely it'll be more interesting than seeing the same image over and over again. Plus, it'll give each artist some well deserved recognition within the site.

Esplender said:
How about taking in every (Or at least a good handful) entry and have them display randomly whenever their assigned error page comes up?
Surely it'll be more interesting than seeing the same image over and over again. Plus, it'll give each artist some well deserved recognition within the site.

Hey that is a really good idea!!! I hope tsawolf reads that! I would love to see everyones art not just one all the time :) including mine!

tsawolf

A very interesting idea. It may not be workable because of the technical requirements of the task at hand, but I'll certainly try my best to make it work.

Still, more images!

steelbeard

Stratadrake said:
...for some reason this by FrogsBreath comes to mind. Can I nominate that?

I LIKE IT!

Though the planet of the apes bit has been done-to-death I can't help but smile..

steelbeard

touchmybadger said:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1068578/

8D;;

Oh that's cruel! [snigger]

Mind you I suppose that realy depends on what category you are entering it for - 'Down for Maintenance' or 'Item Cannot Be Found'?