• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA = BLAMO!

Lope

It looks like I just got sucked into a white hole.

Luckily I did everything I needed to for today before it happened.

shinmew

*sigh* lets hope things get fixed. I remember last time FA was always down.... didn't like it at all. I hope it is not getting hacked or something of the sort.

yak

Site Developer
Staff member
Administrator
this is due to the database maintenance work we are doing.
as you might have noticed the site has been rather slow lately. the problem has been identified and is being dealt with.

unfortunatly we ran into a bit of the trouble on the way due to a big amount of data the server has to process during that maintenance - hence the updates are taking way longer then originally estimated.

after this, the site's speed should improve drastically. and i mean more then 1000% of speed gain.

Damaratus

Care to join me in my lab?
yak said:
after this, the site's speed should improve drastically. and i mean more then 1000% of speed gain.

Now that is fast. *swoosh*

cesarin

Famous Huggable Dragon
yak said:
this is due to the database maintenance work we are doing.
as you might have noticed the site has been rather slow lately. the problem has been identified and is being dealt with.

unfortunatly we ran into a bit of the trouble on the way due to a big amount of data the server has to process during that maintenance - hence the updates are taking way longer then originally estimated.

fair enought :D

Whirlaxis

any idea how long it will take?

wut

It'll be up before Duke Nukem Forever is released.

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
RE:  FA = BLAMO!

wut said:
It'll be up before Duke Nukem Forever is released.

That'll be out on the Greek kalends. It'll be done as quick as boiled asparagus and as easily as a dog squats.

thoron

What is up with the white screen of death (that what I like to call a blank web page) before it was the normal admin mode page, now it's nothing it's just a blank page.

Whirlaxis

is the situation actually getting worse now?

RailRide

The Real Wheels of Steel
The thing I'm curious about is, there were a number of occasions where issues were found in the site's coding, they were remedied, and the site ran like greased lightning for a while, then started to bog down until the next set of fixes restored speed to the site.

Is it that the growth of FA is exposing new issues that went unnoticed since they didn't previously cause a problem until the site reached a certain level of size/usage?

---PCJ

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Guys, when it's up it's up, they'll (*hopefully*) let you guys know. Is it really that serious to overspeculate because you see a white screen versus Admin mode?

You still can't use it either way -.-;;;

thoron

Sorry... It was the first time I've seen the white screen here at FurAffinity so I just abit curious, I knew that asking why it was there wouldn't make a difference, it was more or less just to satisfy my own curiousity. I ask for forgiveness for my last comment if it made people think things were getting worse.

I have a note...I wanna answer it. T_T
I think the white screen is better cause I cant see what I'm missing..X_X.