• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA = BLAMO!

x3 Luckily, I managed to somehow check EVERYTHING I had, so I have nothing now to check. I'm just anxious to get the site back x3

nobuyuki

right now, we're all kinda hoping that good hackers will attack the site and put it back up for us and fix all the bugs and stuff. It's happened so many times the other way before, we kinda figure we're overdue for a hack that improves things !!

Xax

Are there any plans to reimplement the "Javascript Stars" feature?

*sniffle-cry* i worked all day and when i finally get home and try to relax i find this. it was down when i went to bed last night it was down when i got up and it was down when i got home and it was down when i shot somebody and it was down when they arrested me and it was down when they tried me and it was down when the executed me and it was down when they sent me down below and it was down....

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
RE:  FA = BLAMO!

blackdragoon said:
*sniffle-cry* i worked all day and when i finally get home and try to relax i find this. it was down when i went to bed last night it was down when i got up and it was down when i got home and it was down when i shot somebody and it was down when they arrested me and it was down when they tried me and it was down when the executed me and it was down when they sent me down below and it was down....

i'm not gonna touch this with a 40ft pole :wink:

Hanazawa

Would Like To Play a Game
blackdragoon said:
...t was down when i went to bed last night it was down when i got up and it was down when i got home and it was down when i shot somebody and it was down ...

Don't worry. It's down... with the sickness. m/

yak

Site Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The thing I'm curious about is, there were a number of occasions where issues were found in the site's coding, they were remedied, and the site ran like greased lightning for a while, then started to bog down until the next set of fixes restored speed to the site.

Is it that the growth of FA is exposing new issues that went unnoticed since they didn't previously cause a problem until the site reached a certain level of size/usage?
pretty much so. we're constantly monitoring the MySQL processlist for queries that take an exessive amount of time to complete, and upon finding one, we try to revise it to run a bit faster.
but the problem is, that the revised query, thou somewhat more efficient - requires new indexes on the table to be built, and the old ones dropped. that is the main reason FA is been down for so long - too much data to process to make and drop one. and if we are taking several.... :(

in this particular case, the query that selects the new submission messages was speed optimised, and we also managed to shrink the length of the key from 38 bytes to 8 bytes, meaning that the selects would take even less time.
the results are quite obviuos - see them for yourself.