• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA Current Status : was The SQL Holocaust [UPDATED]

uncia2000

Catamount said:
I just wanted to post the only problem I had (other than stuff that is uncoded)
http://www.furaffinity.net/favorites/swiftjames/

Gives mysql error 1054 and never comes up, everything else seems to work.
Thanks for posting that observation, cougie.

*clips full error message for reference in case system goes offline again*
Code:
1054Database error in www.furaffinity.net: Invalid SQL: SELECT date, thumbnail, adultsubmission, rowid, title, username, message, lower FROM df_favorites WHERE user='7511' ORDER BY rowid DESC LIMIT 0,12
mysql error: Unknown column 'message' in 'field list'
mysql error number: 1054
User: uncia2000
Date: 07.03.2006 @ 13:58
Script: /favorites/swiftjames/
Referer: http://www.furpawz.net/fa/forums/viewtopic.php?t=799&start=45
MySql ERROR! Please check the logs for information on the error(s)
Unknown column is an interesting error message, if that is indeed the case!
(*mutters* could never happen on an IBM m/frame dev... ^^)

NeoWarriorCat

Would it have killed you guys to, I dunno.... FINISH CODING the thing before putting it up?

In doing this, you merely replaced one set of problems with an entirely new set.

Waccoon said:
JavaScript is needed for the same reason as every other InterWebThingy technology: redundant eye candy. :wink:

The only stuff I can find that seems to be done with JS I can do with purely CSS.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
NeoWarriorCat said:
Would it have killed you guys to, I dunno.... FINISH CODING the thing before putting it up?

In doing this, you merely replaced one set of problems with an entirely new set.

But it would be destroying the tradition.

Vgm22

Furry/Scalie Of Mystery
That's what you get for putting it up, when your still working on it to get it to run at 100%, more problems, but they are working on them and we should help out by pointing out new problems that pop-up, so that FA can be at 100% faster and sooner. :3 Hehe I'll shut up now.

Waccoon

Hey, the ToolTip is now working in Firefox. Good work, guys.

Unknown column is an interesting error message, if that is indeed the case!
I get this error from phpMyAdmin all the time with perfectly heathy tables. For some reason, phpMyAdmin sometimes blows up when using legal SQL code where the field names aren't delimited. Also, it doesn't seem to like mixing delimiter types, but this might just be part of the phpMyAdmin parsing engine.

Sometimes this bombs:
SELECT usrpass FROM op_oekaki WHERE usrname='me'

But this works (?!)
SELECT `usrpass` FROM `op_oekaki` WHERE `usrname`=`me`

phpMyAdmin is really screwy at times.

Also note that MySQL 5 is much stricter than previous versions. I've had all kinds of trouble updating my oekaki system to MySQL 5 due to the lack of default values on some fields. Not to pry, but which version of MySQL does FA use?

uncia2000

Waccoon said:
Sometimes this bombs:
SELECT usrpass FROM op_oekaki WHERE usrname='me'

But this works (?!)
SELECT `usrpass` FROM `op_oekaki` WHERE `usrname`=`me`
Akkk..... :(

Waccoon said:
Also note that MySQL 5 is much stricter than previous versions. I've had all kinds of trouble updating my oekaki system to MySQL 5 due to the lack of default values on some fields. Not to pry, but which version of MySQL does FA use?
Thanks for asking.

Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) PHP/4.4.2
PHP Version: 4.4.2
Zend Version: 1.3.0
MySql Version: 4.1.15-log

Zippo

Banned
Banned

verix

some dragon
Dave Hyena said:
*gives you attention*
Are you sure you want to do that? I mean, I am a troll after all, and giving a troll attention is slightly counter-productive to the health of the forums!

Perhaps you should reconsider.

Vgm22

Furry/Scalie Of Mystery
I thought FA didn't like trolls or trolling? Anyway what does all this talking have to to with the SQL Holocaust topic? Well I'm not anyone that can do anything about it, so carry on -walks away-

oolala

Adult Artwork

Okay first my "View Adult Artwork" setting kept being switched to "no" when updated my profile. Now it's says it's "yes" but I can't see ANY adult artwork. Not even the stuff I uploaded. *sighs*

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
Vgm22 said:
I thought FA didn't like trolls or trolling? Anyway what does all this talking have to to with the SQL Holocaust topic? Well I'm not anyone that can do anything about it, so carry on -walks away-
We don't like trolls or trolling, but everybody has a voice an opinion. I'm not a fan of censoring unless forced into it.

oolala

Hmmm

You know, I just thought about it... There could be a couple people pissed off at me who WOULD be ass-holes egnough to try and tell FurAffinity adminstrators I'm not 18 or something. If any admin is reading this, please note I AM telling the truth about my age. The only reason I changed it to the 1960's once was to see if something weird happened with the date thing on the server to see if it allowed me to get my adult view back. Currently I am stuck with getting more and more submissions and not being able to view them because I can't see any adult artwork even though I'm 25!

verix

some dragon
Vgm22 said:
I wasn't being serious, really. I was just mocking DaveHyena's ~ACTION POSE~ toward that statement, since it came off as something like "hay you're a troll how clever you are let me throw you a bone and keep you in my back yard and I will call you Spot and you will be so cute because you are a cute troll yes you ARE!" In reality, I was just making a multi-layered joke with the statement of mine he quoted.

oh god why do i have to explain myself :(

PS: Dragoneer, we need to make a special "blank-staring avatar" club for each other.

Vgm22

Furry/Scalie Of Mystery
verix said:
Vgm22 said:
I wasn't being serious, really. I was just mocking DaveHyena's ~ACTION POSE~ toward that statement, since it came off as something like "hay you're a troll how clever you are let me throw you a bone and keep you in my back yard and I will call you Spot and you will be so cute because you are a cute troll yes you ARE!" In reality, I was just making a multi-layered joke with the statement of mine he quoted.

oh god why do i have to explain myself :(

PS: Dragoneer, we need to make a special "blank-staring avatar" club for each other.

Oh then I'm sorry, but I bet you'd make an awesome pet. :lol: