• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA Down Again?

Yuki_Fox

Fluffy felox/cuddly Snow Leger
Same thing for me and I'm using Firefox and it's saying it's taking too long to respond. I wonder what's goin on.

Allan

Lupine Assassin
Charrio said:
Hey all FA is down again i think, it definitely wont load up for me, been trying for a bit now

Yeah, same here. It WAS up again for a couple of hours, but it went pffffft again.

I want my FA !!:shock:

Ceceil Felias

Never have I seen fail so huge
I'm assuming the servers got completely knocked out, possibly by a power outage or something. The coders as far as I can tell haven't even been able to switch it over to the temporarily-down notice like most other times.

The FA forums were down for a while because the MySQL server croaked for some time, too. Coincidence?

I only hope it's not some kind of horrible Christmas present. >.>

But as everyone says, it was down for a while earlier, then back up for a few... and now it's down again. It's been a little too common lately that FA goes down... but am I mistaken to notice it seems to be on weekends...?

Charrio

Artistic Mouse
Takara_kitsune said:

But as everyone says, it was down for a while earlier, then back up for a few... and now it's down again. It's been a little too common lately that FA goes down... but am I mistaken to notice it seems to be on weekends...?

That would truly suck if this became the norm on weekends, and if this was un-noticed for the whole holiday weekend.

Ceceil Felias

I just checked to see if the data server was even up. It's out entirely as well.

This is no run-of-the-mill blanked-RAM drive error. This looks like something went down big-time. :

Charrio

Artistic Mouse
Ceceil Felias said:
I just checked to see if the data server was even up. It's out entirely as well.

This is no run-of-the-mill blanked-RAM drive error. This looks like something went down big-time. :

Oh god could you imagine if it was something like a Pepsi on the server and someone just knocked it over and shorted it all out, lol just clumsy furs, lol

Charrio said:
Takara_kitsune said:

That would truly suck if this became the norm on weekends, and if this was un-noticed for the whole holiday weekend.

Well... as far as weekends, though... I'm pretty sure it has been every weekend... I remember because I was working on online tests when there was downtime... I wouldn't have otherwise attributed it to any specific time... times like this made me wish I had some cash... I'd totally help fix things up if I had any money. ^^;

Overall, though... the new server and coding hasn't seemed to help with much... I hate to say it's almost worse... maybe. I wouldn't blame anyone, though, since I'm a network technician in-training. ^^; Meaning: I don't know a whole lot, but I do know these issues aren't connected to an exact science. There are literally millions of variables here. ^^;

cYbEr_PaNdA

The Life Breather
lol what a Shame i guess they are down, i wouldnt blame them this time if its cuz of the damn weather must of been a major power outage over the night cuz of the cold heh i wish they could have multi server spots around the nation so if one goes down another can back it up XD where i live it rarely gets that chaotic with the weather so poweroutages are one in a 1000 lol they only happen 2 to 3 times a year...even in the summer monsterous weather our neighborhoods have smart GENerators in the allies behind houses that kick in even before the storm knocks the power because of smart weather sensors they have somekind of wireless signal where they recieve important weather data from the Radar base not far although im not sure if that base is still up, oh well.

If this just keeps up i might just leave FA >> for their server incompetence and find myself another site to put my art up.

I've got no intent to leave. ^^; Yes, the interruptions suck. A lot. But... I like the community here. One of the few places I don't have to hide my true self. Not to suggest that the community here doesn't have some issues of it's own... but seriously, it's my Internet-home.

And I've only been coming here since May... for me to declare it my Internet-home so fast... well, that means something! ^^;

Now... as far as the possibilities with the actual server... if it IS down, and has to be approached physically for repair... then I can almost guarantee, no FA for Christmas. ;_; As far as I can determine, a lot of folks aren't working Monday... and those working in server facilities are no exception... that's rather disappointing. Too bad there isn't an easy way to fix things remotely if they're turned off. Can't really remotely access what doesn't have power, can you? ^^;

Jurann

Huh, FA's been down all day for me and my friends, that's over 12 hours now, and still no notes from admins as to what's up... ? *sigh*

Dakimov

I agree with Takara.
Besides, threatening to leave FA is not going to fix anything, so why bother even mentioning it?
You should keep that kind of stuff to yourself or you sound like a whiny, impatient, immature little pup. :0P

It sucks, yes. I have things to post, yes. No, I don't like it. But there's not a lot we can do about it except suck it up and wait. I belong to other art sites, and yes, I post there...but as Takara said - it's the community.

Also, before you whine too much, you might remember the site is free and relies on donations to stay afloat. If they got more $$ then they might be able to afford a backup server....so....before anyone whines or decides to leave or anything like that - you might ask yourself "How much $$ have I donated to FA?"

Charrio

Artistic Mouse
Dakimov said:
Also, before you whine too much, you might remember the site is free and relies on donations to stay afloat. If they got more $$ then they might be able to afford a backup server....so....before anyone whines or decides to leave or anything like that - you might ask yourself "How much $$ have I donated to FA?"

I so think FA needs a Donation area for Art, where We can Donate Commissions, and the Payment is sent to FA, i asked about this earlier but seem to get snubbed by the Admins.

Allan

Lupine Assassin
After the holidays, I hope to save enough $$ to make a donation to FA, to help keep things running smoothly, I hope.

Dakimov

Charrio said:
I so think FA needs a Donation area for Art, where We can Donate Commissions, and the Payment is sent to FA, i asked about this earlier but seem to get snubbed by the Admins.

It might be that they've been too busy fixing problems to address it yet *wry grin*

AngelOD

While I agree with Dakimov and Takara here, I have to say that one of the things I respect the most about FA, is the attitude that seems to be with some or all of the admins, in that even though it's a free service, there is still a certain service level that should be upheld, and they work to ensure that this level is reached.

Sure, I know that level might seem far off sometimes, and it seems to be endless patching upon patching.. But that's just it. It's patchwork, and nothing more with the current codebase. They're trying to spend less time working on the current codebase, which they know is going to be replaced anyway, and instead focuses their energy on the new code. Now, I have absolutely no idea when this new codebase will be ready, but I do know that as annoying as these downtimes might be to anyone of you, they're quite likely a LOT more stressful for the admins who have to work out why, and getting it back online, while figuring out where the problem came from, and then trying to prevent it from happening again.

Naturally I cannot tell people what to do or not do, but I would like to agree with the notion that if you want to leave FA you should do so, but please don't post it as a threat in an attempt to get a better service out of FA.. If the admins could get you a better service that easily, don't you honestly think they would have by now? :)

Anyway, I'm just talking out of my.. Ear.. Or something.. Right now. I shall leave you good folks be now. ^^;;

Dakimov

Allan said:
After the holidays, I hope to save enough $$ to make a donation to FA, to help keep things running smoothly, I hope.

Way to go, bud! Now -this- is the attitude we need!
I'm with Allan. After I get Christmas out of the way, I plan on donating any extra $$ I might have to FA

The only bad thing is....FA needs to be up and running on order for me to donate. Sort of a catch-22. :0)
AngelOD said:
Naturally I cannot tell people what to do or not do, but I would like to agree with the notion that if you want to leave FA you should do so, but please don't post it as a threat in an attempt to get a better service out of FA.. If the admins could get you a better service that easily, don't you honestly think they would have by now? :)

Excellent point. I couldn't have worded it better. :0)

cYbEr_PaNdA

The Life Breather
Takara_kitsune said:
I've got no intent to leave. ^^; Yes, the interruptions suck. A lot. But... I like the community here. One of the few places I don't have to hide my true self. Not to suggest that the community here doesn't have some issues of it's own... but seriously, it's my Internet-home.

And I've only been coming here since May... for me to declare it my Internet-home so fast... well, that means something! ^^;

Now... as far as the possibilities with the actual server... if it IS down, and has to be approached physically for repair... then I can almost guarantee, no FA for Christmas. ;_; As far as I can determine, a lot of folks aren't working Monday... and those working in server facilities are no exception... that's rather disappointing. Too bad there isn't an easy way to fix things remotely if they're turned off. Can't really remotely access what doesn't have power, can you? ^^;

No i can't access it neither and its the emphasis that i get when this happens very often he he, and Yes dear your right, i guess i sometimes forget that emotion, to feel welcomed, to feel accepted and to feel comfortable there and not to mention the community must mean you have a lot of friends there or have a lot of people you respect and love their art but i guess is much about the gathering of people that are just like you, to bad i am just an apathetic being that never did seemed to fit anywhere, even here where i thought i would because i was my own person but oh well over a year and yet i guess its just plain Karma that is my only factor.
Dakimov said:
I agree with Takara.
Besides, threatening to leave FA is not going to fix anything, so why bother even mentioning it?
You should keep that kind of stuff to yourself or you sound like a whiny, impatient, immature little pup. :0P

It sucks, yes. I have things to post, yes. No, I don't like it. But there's not a lot we can do about it except suck it up and wait. I belong to other art sites, and yes, I post there...but as Takara said - it's the community.

Yes i supposed if it was a pay site i would be a member like the clubs outside my house i guess i would expect to have quality with price he he i must be guessing the owners of this community must all have to deal with many issues asides maintaining the site that im guessing because of their busy schedules their not even aware its down, and with unexpective outages their budgets are bled dry and sometimes money can be short, heh i guess your right i haven't donated anything because my father thinks its a waste of money, but heh waste isn't compare to his dumb investments of buying homes in Dubai...

Ceceil Felias

What we need is someone who's able to get ahold of the people in charge of the server maintenance and ask them what's going on. We also need someone who can get ahold of the admins IRL, because I haven't seen a bit of them on the forums all day. Are they even aware the servers went down entirely? o.o