• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA Down?

DARKWOLFE

actually now i,m getting this

The site you are visiting
utilizes the Sitelutions.com redirection engine.

We are currently performing network or server maintenance and
expect to become fully operational shortly.

NOTE: If you are consistently receiving this message for a period of time
longer than 1 hour, please e-mail support@sitelutions.com

seems fa got hacked big time *sigh* quite the end to a fun day :(

Fuzzypaws

Less Than Three
Ah okay, it looks like Alkora performed his hijack just by seizing the WHOIS information and redirecting it to a different server. So it's likely he doesn't actually have control of the server and all the files... he just got the registrar account information somehow.

One step fix. Call the registrar service and complain.

Fiz

shut up bitch
Fuzzypaws said:
Ah okay, it looks like Alkora performed his hijack just by seizing the WHOIS information and redirecting it to a different server. So it's likely he doesn't actually have control of the server and all the files... he just got the registrar account information somehow.

One step fix. Call the registrar service and complain.

Not exactly a seizure, apparently Alkora has owned the domain the entire time. He didn't just get control of it.

Janglur

Yeha, he's the original creator and domain owner for FA.

Later incarnations will have a new name.
Unless Alkora can successfully press a lawsuit for using his site/code.
This is probably why staff are trying so hard to put out Ferrox, as it would entirely remove their dependance on Alkora.

Smart move, but a bit late.

leoni2 said:
Okay, I have one question. Who in the world is Alkora Husky?

i'd rather like to know that myself.... since apparently he/she/it owns the site...or something... *is getting quite confused*

J

Jelly

Apparently the person who originally owns the domain name (hence: "[FA Admins] have illegally taken over my website") and apparently put some level of aid toward the construction (from some coding to a majority or more?) of the first incarnations of FA.

Wyrwulf

More generally, Alkora/Jheryn originally founded FA in the wake of SheezyArt's decision to ban mature art. For awhile FA was operated by him and some of his friends, until a series of events more twisted than daytime television resulted in Alkora stepping down from day-to-day administration.

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
Just for reference, you can still access FA here:

http://8.7.49.250/

or

http://data.furaffinity.net/

Everything is safe. It's the domain name alone, I think, that is not working ATM.

Vgm22

Furry/Scalie Of Mystery
Yeah, I can get onto FA. Though don't know how long it's going to stay up.

It would seem we're back down again? Or am I the only one getting a blank page?

PurpleDragon

Nope, gone. Now they really can't enjoy their... no, not going to say it.

Andromalius

You don't suppose someone, err... Erased the code? o.o

EDIT:

Nevermind! It's working now! Thanks admins!

ferinoch

Ah, Dammit!
TehSean said:
This is what the page source looks like without quotes:

" "

could be it's another sql server fart, they said that was the first problem that came up last night.

Can we get anybody on the admin team to stop by and at least mention whether there are any ongoing negotiations? Or is this it? Cause it'd be nice to get a copy of my watch list so I can track people down on other sites.

uncia

Icelyon said:
That is indeed quite vanished! Well thats no fun! Hope there's a recent backup! :)

No connection certainly doesn't mean all the data suddenly vanished. No need for backups in that context.

Anyhow... there are people around who should have a better answer to the WSOD. *re-checks user list*

d.