• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA Gamers - Steam Servers Opening Soon

Miriafox

That's the way L4D's server system works. You can't create lobbies on Steam Group servers (why... I don't know).

So creating lobbies just has you joining random servers... wherever.

You're meant to use the Search_key thing with servers when you want to join them. If you have servers set to a certain search key, only people with that search key will join them. The system is very simple and you can just have an ad or post about how to do that. It works much, much better then the Steam Group setup (which does work with lobbies, it just has to be setup correctly, though it's still bugged a bit).

I would like to see a Zombie Panic! Source mod Server up, or maybe HL2: DM or even possibly Garrys Mod,
i would really like to see the creativity of the Furs here put on a garrys mod server, who knows wat would be made:rolleyes:
...probably a spooging something or other

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
now...I really dont see why we have L4D servers, I woulds see 2 people time to time...but majority of the time theres no one in them.

Dusty

Staff Sargent
I vote Gmod. Tf2 is covered pretty well by cc2 and TFP (Theres also a smattering of other furry servers for it I only see randomly).

Gmod would be a great way to unwind, and you don't even need MIC spam to make it hilarious :p

Last edited:

Aestuo

I vote Gmod. Tf2 is covered pretty well my cc2 and TFP (Theres also a smattering of other furry servers for it I only see randomly).

Gmod would be a great way to unwind, and you don't even need MIC spam to make it hilarious :p

Exactly. And I heard that the furry mind can be fairly "creative." lol

Kajet

I support Gmod servers, as long as people don't act like fragtards and just kill anyone who gets on it.

And I still like the idea of using servers for older games.

EDIT: Or maybe steam mods? Just throwing out random ideas...

Last edited:

Kryn

Flyin' Sooo High
Like 80% of furry servers are TF2. We need some CSS, UT3, insurgency or anything really. I'd love to play some classic games too.

Kaichanti

Nah, I'm more likely to kill myself with physically-bound balloons on a barrel than just be a random fragtard.

during the week the l4d servers are quiet but come the weekend - they're as hard to get into as any of the TF2 servers.

I admit I like the idea of a rotating game server. Vote on a classic a week or so.
~Kai

Kesteh

Twenty
Craving a UT2004 invasion. Custom monsters that easily kill you etc. Fukken teamwork.
Kind of looking though, since I have a hopeful chance at a slow and steady income soon.

iller

TF2 server as long as it has real ways of dealing with Micspammers and Team-Stackers.

The ones available currently are really being dragged down by both those issues, and one of them won't even let anyone register anymore or contact admins to complain about it...

Dusty

Staff Sargent
I still say GMOD the demands arn't as high on admins and there are some really nice server programs like ULX and such for admins. Throw in vote kick and vote ban then you don't really have to worry about the minges :p

Aestuo

I still say GMOD the demands arn't as high on admins and there are some really nice server programs like ULX and such for admins. Throw in vote kick and vote ban then you don't really have to worry about the minges :p

Agreed. GMod would be amazing and very fun! I love GMod.

LotsOfNothing

Banned
Banned
Is there such thing as Killzone 2 dedicated servers? I'd totally hit that now that I've become addicted to it (who needs TF2? Not me anymore. >:C ).

MIDI-Kitty

Friendly neigborhood stoner ;3
L4D!

that would be awesome

Kryn

Flyin' Sooo High
Is there such thing as Killzone 2 dedicated servers? I'd totally hit that now that I've become addicted to it (who needs TF2? Not me anymore. >:C ).

You can't setup a dedicated server for a console game. Only the developers of said game have that ability.

LotsOfNothing

Banned
Banned
You can't setup a dedicated server for a console game. Only the developers of said game have that ability.

And now I feel stupid because I knew this. x-x

Aaaaanywho...I'm currently saving up monies to purchase a TF2 server, and...uh...something something, I dunno.

Last edited: