• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA/IMVU Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volkodav

Dad****er
Check your manners at the door, bud? Try reading this thread, not on FA, no input from Dragoneer, so you shouldn't have any reason to doubt: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpbb2&file=viewtopic.php&p=11283354

Maybe you're the one who needs their eyes checked, or maybe you shouldn't just assume everything Dragoneer says is a lie.

I'm not accusing Dragoneer of lying. I'm asking for transparency like everybody else. We want to see the agreement that he signed and want to know how this will affect users and artists alike.
Criticism is perfectly fine and expected in a situation like this, Dragoneer is an adult and can answer questions himself without someone coming to his aid every time taking shots at people for asking simple questions.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Those fuckers are assholes. Geese will fuck you up given the chance. Not a joke.

The ones that come near my house are quite docile...for wild animals that is. XD I know they aren't lap poodles.

Anakarr

Thanks for discussing this with the people that are on and support the site...jerk... Guess I'll be finding a new community. I hate IMVU. Its a terrible program run by an incompetent company...

Rowedahelicon

Banned
Banned
Check your manners at the door, bud? Try reading this thread, not on FA, no input from Dragoneer, so you shouldn't have any reason to doubt: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpbb2&file=viewtopic.php&p=11283354

Maybe you're the one who needs their eyes checked, or maybe you shouldn't just assume everything Dragoneer says is a lie.

I have to agree with the above, not Pheagle's words but the fact he is a kiss ass. I've seen you front and center every time! And yes, it is safe to assume everything Neer says is a lie, he has been spewing lies non stop for a decade now. Also yes, the company says they won't do the bad thing, a company would never lie to anyone either right? They're giving FA 20K in resources, and bringing in new coders for what ... ad space? Surely this is an investment where everyone wins! They're being generous because they want to be! They have no ulterior motive here what so ever.

What I want to know is, where is Yak in all this? FA hasn't gotten code changes because of him, so is he going to play nice with the IMVU team? Oh, and speaking of lies my Dragoneer told me, I'll just refer to this.

http://new.spring.me/#!/dragoneer/q/207732784

Look, you can't afford FA. You can't. Why? Because whatever offer you'd make to me you'd have to make to each and every staff member on this website.

I'm not like other furry guys - I'm not here to take all the credit from my staff to boost my appeal, I'm not here to profit where they won't. Maybe you're looking for Certain Other Popular Furries(tm).

Whatever offer you'd make to me you'd have to make to every other admin, mod and coder.

I happen to know some of the staff, I don't think they got paid ;3

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
The ones that come near my house are quite docile...for wild animals that is. XD I know they aren't lap poodles.
Oh yeah depends on if it's mating season or they have kids. Those fuckers are like bears around that time. Ducks, are just a bit nippy, but a goose will try to break your leg.

PheagleAdler

I'm not accusing Dragoneer of lying. I'm asking for transparency like everybody else. We want to see the agreement that he signed and want to know how this will affect users and artists alike.
Criticism is perfectly fine and expected in a situation like this, Dragoneer is an adult and can answer questions himself without someone coming to his aid every time taking shots at people for asking simple questions.

You're welcome to criticize, calling me a kiss-ass is uncalled for.

I have to agree with the above, not Pheagle's words but the fact he is a kiss ass. I've seen you front and center every time! And yes, it is safe to assume everything Neer says is a lie, he has been spewing lies non stop for a decade now. Also yes, the company says they won't do the bad thing, a company would never lie to anyone either right? They're giving FA 20K in resources, and bringing in new coders for what ... ad space? Surely this is an investment where everyone wins! They're being generous because they want to be! They have no ulterior motive here what so ever.
What I want to know is, where is Yak in all this? FA hasn't gotten code changes because of him, so is he going to play nice with the IMVU team? Oh, and speaking of lies my Dragoneer told me, I'll just refer to this.

http://new.spring.me/#!/dragoneer/q/207732784

I happen to know some of the staff, I don't think they got paid ;3

Again, try to remain civil. I don't assume Dragoneer is lying, I don't assume that of anyone, until I have solid proof. I'm sorry, that's how justice works.

Don't ask me if there's anything going on behind the scenes, I'm just quoting directly from the horse's mouth...either horse at this point, if you will. It's better than making up shit just because you're suspicious of the whole thing.

You call me a kiss-ass, maybe I have this little thing called "manners" try using them sometime.

Last edited:

Volkodav

Dad****er

My apologies, it was out of line.
Do you have any thoughts, concerns, or criticisms about this sale, discussion, transparency, and what it might entail for IMVU and FA?

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
You call me a kiss-ass, maybe I have this little thing called "manners" try using them sometime.
Eh You only arrive when Neer is being criticised and defend him while ignoring key points. Also asking people to use manners online makes you seem a tad er... unaware of how differing social environments operate.

Rowedahelicon

Banned
Banned

Again, try to remain civil. I don't assume Dragoneer is lying, I don't assume that of anyone, until I have solid proof. I'm sorry, that's how justice works.

Don't ask me if there's anything going on behind the scenes, I'm just quoting directly from the horse's mouth...either horse at this point, if you will. It's better than making up shit just because you're suspicious of the whole thing.

Okay kiss-ass, thanks for the permission! Anyway, I won't ask you that, I do know what is going on behind the scenes therefore I can speak freely as someone concerned over what is going on. And do you want solid proof, what about what I linked above?

PheagleAdler

My apologies, it was out of line.
Do you have any thoughts, concerns, or criticisms about this sale, discussion, transparency, and what it might entail for IMVU and FA?

Well, I'd honestly like to see what happens, after all it's gone unnoticed for two whole months, and for that I think there should have been more transparency. I think the public should be allowed to know how much the sale was for, but I do think the money will Neer support the site. I do not want the site to become like deviantart, I'm not sure how this ad thing will play out. I can see that maybe it's possible that they're trying to gain a bigger audience by advertising on one of the largest furry art sites in the world...I'm not sure how many people here use Adblock though. At least I keep mine turned off on the site, but for the most part, I don't like banner ads.

Volkodav

Dad****er
Thank you! :)
Though I must clarify, it's not that the sale went "unnoticed", it's my understanding that it went unannounced for this long.

PheagleAdler

Okay kiss-ass, thanks for the permission! Anyway, I won't ask you that, I do know what is going on behind the scenes therefore I can speak freely as someone concerned over what is going on. And do you want solid proof, what about what I linked above?

Well, what proof is that if as far as we (or he) knows, he still controls the site? I'd like to get it in writing who exactly owns the site, and what percentage.

Thank you! :)
Though I must clarify, it's not that the sale went "unnoticed", it's my understanding that it went unannounced for this long.

Well yes, that's a better word.

FoxWolfie

Pee-Stinky Raccoon
Add more ads per page, increase ad cost, and/or spam the users with ads.

This is an area that is almost sure to backfire. If IMVU loads FA up with ads that are not directly relevant to furries, they'll find that everyone is AdBlocking them instead of clicking on them. If they place more ads here than content, they'll get the same response. If they try to turn this site into nothing more than a commercial for their virtual products, people will actually leave and stay away. If they mess up what FA is, and what keeps us here, people will simply migrate to Weasyl, SoFurry and Inkbunny, depending on their preferences. Many of us already have an additional account on one or more of those sites. If they actually fix what's broken here, give us only malware-free, furry-related ads, and leave everything else under the control of a furry, then people will stay, and the site can thrive. Unfortunately, that path doesn't profit IMVU in any way that I can see.

According to their own page, IMVU's main source of income is in selling their virtual products, and their page pretty much shows the sort of spammy, malware-infested ads they'd be feeding us. I think that they'll realize that they made a mistake buying FA, when the members aren't forking over the money that IMVU thinks they can spam out of us. In another year or two, they might even try to re-sell FA to cut their losses, or they'll change FA until it's gone. I could be wrong, but that's what looking at and reading through their material tells me.

No matter what people think of Dragoneer, and no matter what they think of his abilities, he is a furry who put everything he knew into making this site work and survive. Even if his methods were questioned, his intentions were good. Now the site is in the hands of a non-furry company that can care less about what's best for furries. We are nothing more than a potential revenue source to them. Anything they do to fix the site is going to be directly for their benefit, and not that of the furry community. The furry fandom and community is completely unimportant to them, outside of their ability to pull money out of us.

Sadly, I think Dragoneer is going to be in tears when he sees the reality of what IMVU is likely to turn FA into. The more I look into them, the more it hurts to think about. The furry community is strong though, and no matter what IMVU ultimately does to FA, the fans will spread out to the handful of other furry sites, and the community will still thrive. Weasyl, Inkbunny and SoFurry would just grow to accommodate the need when the time comes. Other sites would likely form too, but what FA was would always hold a special place in my heart.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Well, I'd honestly like to see what happens, after all it's gone unnoticed for two whole months, and for that I think there should have been more transparency. I think the public should be allowed to know how much the sale was for, but I do think the money will Neer support the site. I do not want the site to become like deviantart, I'm not sure how this ad thing will play out. I can see that maybe it's possible that they're trying to gain a bigger audience by advertising on one of the largest furry art sites in the world...I'm not sure how many people here use Adblock though. At least I keep mine turned off on the site, but for the most part, I don't like banner ads.

I have to disagree with the posting of the sale price. If 'neer truly completely owns the site, then it is strictly his business what he sold it for. I also have to disagree with your supposition that it is possible they want a bigger furry audience by buying FA when they simply could have purchased ads much cheaper. They are now on the hook for site costs and payroll. There has to be a positive cash flow somehow that isn't happening now. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

PheagleAdler

Hmmm. Not a kissass? Wanting others to act sweet? Not assuming people are liars? That's not how you present yourself here or anywhere else discussing fa stuffs.

Don't ask for a double standard.

Oh, sure, because that guy totally wasn't asking for it? I know of him and his rocky history with the site. It was all I could do to avoid throwing a string of expletives at him.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
I agree with you completely, Foxwolfie. I forsee a huge kickstarter to create a "new" FA.

PheagleAdler

I have to disagree with the posting of the sale price. If 'neer truly completely owns the site, then it is strictly his business what he sold it for. I also have to disagree with your supposition that it is possible they want a bigger furry audience by buying FA when they simply could have purchased ads much cheaper. They are now on the hook for site costs and payroll. There has to be a positive cash flow somehow that isn't happening now. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Okay, that's a reasonable point, but how in the world can you get positive cash flow with an art site?

Volkodav

Dad****er
Oh, sure, because that guy totally wasn't asking for it? I know of him and his rocky history with the site. It was all I could do to avoid throwing a string of expletives at him.

Whatever Arc's history with the site is, that doesn't justify selling part of their property without their permission.

PheagleAdler

Whatever Arc's history with the site is, that doesn't justify selling part of their property without their permission.

What does he actually own at this point, I'd very much like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.