• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA/IMVU Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
And Dragoneer is groveling at his feet in the comments. But anything else from common users is completely ignored. I don't think I'd trust a site asking for my SSN to remove my content. There is very little else one could do if THAT is a requirement. I don't blame Onta for leaving.
Groveling? No. I'm doing the same thing I'm doing for other artists. I'm letting them know I'm here to help, and that we're working with them. Nothing more.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
IMVU is aware of some of the issues users are facing, and I'm spending a good chunk of my time helping artists track down and identify content so we can get it removed.

Which is dumb.

It would be far easier to set up a section on FA with the thumbnails of everything tagged as furry, and the address and link it so people can browse thumbnails and select the ones they own. It isn't on IMVU so it stays within their fucktarded paywall parameters, and it means the person who is meant to be running the site isn't pissing about browsing stuff for hours.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Groveling? No. I'm doing the same thing I'm doing for other artists. I'm letting them know I'm here to help, and that we're working with them. Nothing more.

So if I check Spix's journal about the issue and how they're looking at leaving, you'll be there explaining that everything is OK and that you're personally going to work to ensure that IMVU polices this in the future (not that you have a say)?

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
And what of those who live outside the US? As far as I know, that concern hasn't been addressed, am I wrong? The DMCA only applies to US citizens, not those who live in Europe, Oceania, Asia, etc, so essentially what you're saying to those people is, "Sorry, you live outside the US, you're shit outta luck"? No offense, but I personally think Second Life would have been a much better choice to sell FA to, but that's just me, and well, many others in the furry community TBH. That's me being brutally honest.
You can be brutally honest, that's fine.

And filing DMCA is not exclusive to Americans. DMCA is honored around the globe in most countries (I don't have a list of them off hand).

... Except to view the AP section in the first place, you need:

• Money
  • SSN
  • Credit card in-name
  • Photographic record of you holding your photo ID
  • The DMCA form
  • A few months of your time for IMVU to review

That's solely to verify age, nothing more. I've been sending some users links to their art on the marketplace to help them identify what needs to be removed.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
So if I check Spix's journal about the issue and how they're looking at leaving, you'll be there explaining that everything is OK and that you're personally going to work to ensure that IMVU polices this in the future (not that you have a say)?
If I find about them, yes. I don't follow every user on the site, but when I see journals like that I try to assure them that we're here to help.

krystalfox77

Offcial Krystal
You can be brutally honest, that's fine.

And filing DMCA is not exclusive to Americans. DMCA is honored around the globe in most countries (I don't have a list of them off hand).
[/LIST]

That's solely to verify age, nothing more. I've been sending some users links to their art on the marketplace to help them identify what needs to be removed.

Oh man...oh man..... what have I....said...... :(

Excuse me while I go weeping in a dark corner, beating myself up over my last posts on this thread :(

Runefox

Right, but proving copyright remains a big issue there compared to in the US, especially when IMVU has no submission date on any of their shop items.

So if these artists were willing to provide everything but the money, would IMVU be fine with them browsing the AP section?

AshleyAshes

Arcade Snowmew Of Doom

You had TWO MONTHS after selling FA to IMVU to look into IMVU and how it operates, to see that it is FULL of jacked furry art, that is sold and where IMVU ultimately receives all the revenue generated by it's virtual currency, why did you not spend any of that time preparing a solution for this beyond 'Waiting for it to explode and to start scowering IMVU personally, attempting to eyeball artist ownership, and messaging them to instruct them on how to issue their own DMCA'?

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
Groveling? No. I'm doing the same thing I'm doing for other popular artists. I'm letting them know I'm here to help, and that we're working with them. Nothing more.

Fixed that for you.

Yeah, it's great and all that you're taking the time to reassure people, but the problem now is that you're reassuring a few select and amazingly popular people. You either reassure everyone or no-one. You shouldn't be telling people it'll be alright on a journal by Onta, you should be doing it as loudly as possible for everyone to hear.

What happened to those town hall meetings? That's an ideal way to address users concerns. But you won't because it's harder to avoid awkward questions.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
So if these artists were willing to provide everything but the money, would IMVU be fine with them browsing the AP section?
That would be a question for IMVU, but I know they're reading the forums and making a note of user concerns.

Runefox

That would be a question for IMVU, but I know they're reading the forums and making a note of user concerns.

In other words, you're passing the buck here despite the fact that you are an employee of IMVU and are IMVU's sole representative in this community (that we know of).

Neer, this is customer service 101. "I don't know, but I'll find out". Boom.

krystalfox77

Offcial Krystal
Are you going to help more than a select few, more than just the uber popular artists? And will you publicly reassure and address that issues at hand? Because that would be a really good way to assuage their fears ;) Or will you only continue to help 0.0001% of the artists who are popular? This is a serious issue that desperately needs to be addressed, a journal entry should be made.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Fixed that for you.

Yeah, it's great and all that you're taking the time to reassure people, but the problem now is that you're reassuring a few select and amazingly popular people. You either reassure everyone or no-one. You shouldn't be telling people it'll be alright on a journal by Onta, you should be doing it as loudly as possible for everyone to hear.
Stop. Do not put words in my mouth.

I don't care about user popularity, I care about helping people. That's all I've ever sought to do. I don't want any user feeling that they're uncomfortable being here, or we're not here to help. We are.

And I have been doing it loudly for people to here. I've been posting on Twitter, FA, Reddit and trying to address people's concerns. We've posted multiple notices to help alleviate those issues.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Are you going to help more than a select few, more than just the uber popular artists? And will you publicly reassure and address that issues at hand? Because that would be a really good way to assuage their fears ;) Or will you only continue to help 0.0001% of the artists who are popular? This is a serious issue that desperately needs to be addressed, a journal entry should be made.
Please look a few posts up. I stated I was helping people. I never once stated I was solely helping popular people.

I help users. I don't help one kind of user, or popular users. I never have.

krystalfox77

Offcial Krystal
Yup, I'm definitely going to crawl in a dark corner, weep openly and hope that tomorrow will be a better day :( Damn I feel sick to my stomach....

Hermie

Yeah, because banning people who are helping spread info on stolen art is REALLY helping. Just shut the fuck up and quietly leave the fandom.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
In other words, you're passing the buck here despite the fact that you are an employee of IMVU and are IMVU's sole representative in this community (that we know of).

Neer, this is customer service 101. "I don't know, but I'll find out". Boom.
Oddly, the few times I stated "I don't know, but I'll find out for you" everyone attacked me over it. =P

But yes, we've been relaying concerns back and forth to address user worries.

AshleyAshes

Arcade Snowmew Of Doom
I don't care about user popularity, I care about helping people.

Let's not kid ourselves. You most certainly DO care about user popularity. You HAVE TO. It would only take the 20 most popular artists on FA to leave and setup shop elsewhere to turn FA into a ghost town within twelve months and you looking for a new job. That is HOW social networks collapse, your entire 'social' aspect of FA is dependent on having what people want to come see, lose it, and people will start moving to the places that do have what they can see. This is how MySpace from 'Declining' to 'Sinking Like A Stone' when the collapsed happened; Because enough people moved from MySpace to Facebook that those on MySpace that remained found they had less content and less connections connections, so moving to Facebook themselves was the only option. The decline was exponential in nature.

PastryOfApathy

Holy shit Dragoneer is actually answering questions (albeit in the most vague, useless, and corporate way possible)? Did I just step into another dimension?

If I find about them, yes. I don't follow every user on the site, but when I see journals like that I try to assure them that we're here to help.

So the solution is "if you're popular and bitch hard enough I'll get your shit taken down but everyone's shit out of luck lol XD"? If this is true you better start fucking watching me and everyone else here.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Yup, I'm definitely going to crawl in a dark corner, weep openly and hope that tomorrow will be a better day :( Damn I feel sick to my stomach....
Deep breath, I'm not mad. =)

Yeah, because banning people who are helping spread info on stolen art is REALLY helping. Just shut the fuck up and quietly leave the fandom.
I don't ban people who spread info on stolen art. I do, however, ban people who post rumor as facts, spread misinformation or try to make the situation worse. I welcome legitimate concerns.

Runefox

Oddly, the few times I stated "I don't know, but I'll find out for you" everyone attacked me over it. =P
That would be because those times were times we expected an answer because they had to do with the terms of the sale and FurAffinity's future in IMVU's hands, which by all accounts you should be very familiar with. In this case, we're talking IMVU policy. While one would expect that you'd spent the past two months familiarizing yourself with it and any necessary changes to it, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt on that one because it's obvious you were caught unprepared for even basic questions.

TheArchiver

Ace Documenter
I don't ban people who spread info on stolen art. I do, however, ban people who post rumor as facts, spread misinformation or try to make the situation worse. I welcome legitimate concerns.

Rowe's were legitimate. You just had a bone to pick with him and didn't appreciate him exposing you. RedSavage, Runefox, me, Smelge, and countless others have done the same thing for months with a viciousness far worse than Rowe.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt

Because some of those things were pretty major and important things that should have been a major part of negotiations prior to selling your site. People attacked you because you apparently hadn't taken the time to actually familiarise yourself with important parts of the sale.

Excuse me, I'm taking no credit here. apart from today, I've been in this thread once. Namecheck the real heroes.

Hermie

Status
Not open for further replies.