• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA/IMVU Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So take the information & act accordingly because right now, my tolerance for this thread has reached 0 & so has NoahGryphon's. I'm all for a movement here, but all I can gather from this thread is "OMG this is bad, Neer you cock! I'm running off to Weasyl, it'll solve all my problems"

Well actually...
A part of me wants this thread locked, another side wants to make sure everybody's on the same page & something good happens for all of us.
Please, just be aware of that.

It's only doing that because no one knows what else to do. We can't exactly start telling everyone on FA to move, we'll be censored and have posts deleted. We can't talk about how bad Dragoneer is because we'll be banned. We're just perpetuating the annoyances that have gone on for years.

Something has to be done, but what?

Volkodav

Dad****er
It's only doing that because no one knows what else to do. We can't exactly start telling everyone on FA to move, we'll be censored and have posts deleted. We can't talk about how bad Dragoneer is because we'll be banned. We're just perpetuating the annoyances that have gone on for years.

Who's saying you can't tell other users to move? Are those journals/comments really being deleted?

krystalfox77

Offcial Krystal
IMVU isent the enemy >_> the fucking anti-dragoneer nazis and the retards moving to weasyl are the fucking enemy.

Sycophancy much? What do expect us to do, happily submit to every whim and pretend there isn't a problem? Oh and using the term "retards", really dude? How mature. If anything, the white knighting sycophants are the enemy.

Last edited:
I am not as burn them all down as croc was, but I will say that the ancient proverb, "never place all your eggs in one basket" still is very relevant to this situation. Artists who have relied solely on one site for to long, out of fear of branching out, are setting themselves up to fail. Nothing lasts forever, everything breaks down eventually.

If you want to use car analogy, when you buy a new car its new, its hot, its the thing. Years pass the car breaks down, you fix and fix and fix it. eventually no matter how much you keep fixing it, it will eventually have to be replaced. the essence of a sinking ship you can only repair it so much before it time to find a new one.

This site started strong has held a long time, but through bad decision and management not doing enough it has totally broke down. It never got upgrades that were promised, the funds are for lack of a better word misappropriated, and its coding is ancient.

The reasons people use to not want to branch out and be ready for a coming disaster is financial suicide. FA has had its run now it no longer belongs to the very community that have kept it alive over all the disasters. Artists need to start thinking about branching out and preparing for the sinking ship to flounder. Stop putting all their eggs in one basket and network themselves to ensure their survival.

Yes it can be scary for artists that make a living off FA, but if they posted in say So Furry Weasyl and Inkbunny as well as FA, they reach a wider audience. Sure they may not get as many viewers right away from those sites but the more they post to them and let people know where they are, the more they will see revenue coming in. They may even be able to develop a Broader clientele base to bring in more money. Why commit Financial Suicide Clinging to a broken ship that has been giving you nothing but broken promises for many years.

Its Never easy to leave ones home and branch out, but if you want to survive in this day and age you have to network out and grow your business to reach more clients. Clinging to a single site you are setting yourself up to fail, and I am sorry if it seems like to much work but sites are going to come and go. You have to prepare to branch out as often as possible to build a network that can last the test of time.

Last analogy is a tree by a river, Trees have solid foundations from having roots that stretch out in all directions to collect as much water from the ground as possible, If the tree by the river only had one root, the one going to the river, eventually when the river dries up, it would wither and die. But the tree by the river is still going to expand its roots out to more areas then just the river, in case the rivers water ceases. Building a foundation that extends all over is what allows the tree to grow and thrive through harsh weather. As a Furry artist you should be building your foundation in multiple locations, because water sources come from all around not just the one river that you have been drinking from for years. Never expect that river to feed you forever, branch out and gain nutrients (clients), from all the soil around you as well. When the River (FA) dries up, you will not wither and die.

Anyway I agree with Croc not branching out and being prepared, your committing financial suicide.

krystalfox77

Offcial Krystal
I would add more to Deviant Art, but the tagging system seems to be very strange, like, if I order the tags something like "macro, vixen, foot", it turns up something like "foot, macro, vixen" or something odd like that, I find it to be very annoying.

I can understand that I know nothing of DA never really got involved with them. Still there is a lot of potential customers out there in many possible locations. Branching out to survive the coming storm is what its all about. Build your foundation and be prepared for S** to hit the fan.

PheagleAdler

I would add more to Deviant Art, but the tagging system seems to be very strange, like, if I order the tags something like "macro, vixen, foot", it turns up something like "foot, macro, vixen" or something odd like that, I find it to be very annoying.

why is that annoying?

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
Doesn't it make it harder to categorize, I don't know why, when I submit the artwork, the tags are in order, but when I view the pic later, they're not; I don't know what the tag system wants me to do.
but the order of the tags dont really matter...

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
IMVU isent the enemy >_> the fucking anti-dragoneer nazis and the retards moving to weasyl are the fucking enemy.

Hi, I see you live in Michigan. A place that was completely untouched by the stuff the Nazis did. I suggest reading a few articles on places like Belsen and Auschwitz before you start comparing people who are fed up with poor leadership and admin decisions, and people who willingly executed millions of people in horrible ways for crimes such as religion or not being seen as genetically pure then having their bodies dumped into mass graves so nobody would ever find out who they were.

So how about you try shutting the fuck up and going to learn something for a bit instead of spouting off bullshit about stuff you don't understand.

RCRuskin

Not Dragoneer refusing assistance from the furry community? He strikes me as the real enemy. There, I said it. I've been trying to assist him with the site within my means since 2007 when he took over, and no response from him whatsoever. Other furs come up with large sums of cash for him to use to benefit the site; he does nothing.

How do you see him as being a friend to the furry fandom?

RTDragon

RTP User
So take the information & act accordingly because right now, my tolerance for this thread has reached 0 & so has NoahGryphon's. I'm all for a movement here, but all I can gather from this thread is "OMG this is bad, Neer you cock! I'm running off to Weasyl, it'll solve all my problems"

Well actually...
A part of me wants this thread locked, another side wants to make sure everybody's on the same page & something good happens for all of us.

You know for someone who is completely dense for a 16 year old who is so obsessed to being a popufur. you certainly have some very poor unrealistic expectations. I can see why your getting so much flack because of what your posting i see your the type that does'nt think before they post.

Hi, I see you live in Michigan. A place that was completely untouched by the stuff the Nazis did. I suggest reading a few articles on places like Belsen and Auschwitz before you start comparing people who are fed up with poor leadership and admin decisions, and people who willingly executed millions of people in horrible ways for crimes such as religion or not being seen as genetically pure then having their bodies dumped into mass graves so nobody would ever find out who they were.
So how about you try shutting the fuck up and going to learn something for a bit instead of spouting off bullshit about stuff you don't understand.

Unfortunately now that i know he lives in michigan i cannot believe i live in the same state as him. And reading that comment from him about nazis and retards has just invoked goodwin law. though this is not surprising coming from noah since i remember the FAF comic thread has a strong dislike about him.

EDIT Oh and i see you also made a journal about this. https://www.furaffinity.net/journal/6611124/ Congratulations you've officially made a fool of yourself even more. People don't lie if there a repeat pattern or issues that follow for years. And bringing up nazis in this thread without even knowing your history is really not just stupid but asking for it.

Last edited:

FYIAD

Exactly. My only active recourse, if you could call it that, is to try to prepare for a time when FA can be brought back into fandom control. I prefer sooner rather than later, but it’s a process regardless.

However, there is a discouraging feel seeing how things are slowing down at such a pace, like elastic pulled too tight the momentum to act in any fashion is fading fast. I know that’s how it goes, and it is compounded by the fact that there isn’t a clear alternative short of preparing for an opportunity that may never come and branching out in the meantime.

That is the absolute bitch if playing the long game. All that initial energy to rally behind something, to answer the call for action dissipates and all one can do is wait. It isn’t exciting, it isn’t stimulating, it is work by way of patience and preparation that feels so idle.

One more reason I came to encourage people to spread their presence, I guess; it makes it feel like I’m at least doing something, even if it is so small. I know the proverb on eggs and baskets, but having gone to get eggs from a coup a time or two, I can rightly say I never carried more than one and it never caused me trouble; all you have to do is watch the damn basket. The snag here is that people unknown and untrusted are in control, and that’s the sort of thing that makes all the difference.

On an unrelated note, did this thread get hijacked for the night? It’s like a writing exercise for analogies, similes, and the like. :p

This is like saying that the peanut butter in the peanut butter and jelly sandwich is on the wrong side, that it should be on the top slice with the jelly on the bottom. It truly doesn’t make the slightest difference.
The only problem I have with tagging systems is that they are so rarely used half as well as they could be. It’s why when I was looking up the stolen art, I went to e621; there are people that dedicate time to tagging, correcting and adding them as necessary. :p Got to love the efficiency, right?

Exactly. My only active recourse, if you could call it that, is to try to prepare for a time when FA can be brought back into fandom control. I prefer sooner rather than later, but it’s a process regardless.

However, there is a discouraging feel seeing how things are slowing down at such a pace, like elastic pulled too tight the momentum to act in any fashion is fading fast. I know that’s how it goes, and it is compounded by the fact that there isn’t a clear alternative short of preparing for an opportunity that may never come and branching out in the meantime.

That is the absolute bitch if playing the long game. All that initial energy to rally behind something, to answer the call for action dissipates and all one can do is wait. It isn’t exciting, it isn’t stimulating, it is work by way of patience and preparation that feels so idle.

One more reason I came to encourage people to spread their presence, I guess; it makes it feel like I’m at least doing something, even if it is so small. I know the proverb on eggs and baskets, but having gone to get eggs from a coup a time or two, I can rightly say I never carried more than one and it never caused me trouble; all you have to do is watch the damn basket. The snag here is that people unknown and untrusted are in control, and that’s the sort of thing that makes all the difference.

On an unrelated note, did this thread get hijacked for the night? It’s like a writing exercise for analogies, similes, and the like. :p

This is like saying that the peanut butter in the peanut butter and jelly sandwich is on the wrong side, that it should be on the top slice with the jelly on the bottom. It truly doesn’t make the slightest difference.
The only problem I have with tagging systems is that they are so rarely used half as well as they could be. It’s why when I was looking up the stolen art, I went to e621; there are people that dedicate time to tagging, correcting and adding them as necessary. :p Got to love the efficiency, right?

No way! The peanut butter should be on the bottom! It's denser, therefore heavier!

Roshiyu

Well, for some reason, I must be doing something wrong since the no. of views..I swear no one ever looks at the submissions. Why should I even bother posting if no one looks at them, you know?

It's not all that easy to find anything on DA. Too much clutter and artwork. At least for me. @.@

No way! The peanut butter should be on the bottom! It's denser, therefore heavier!

Anyone else getting a Right Twix, Left Twix vibe from this? :p

Right Twix for life!

krystalfox77

Offcial Krystal
It's not all that easy to find anything on DA. Too much clutter and artwork. At least for me. @.@

Anyone else getting a Right Twix, Left Twix vibe from this? :p

Right Twix for life!

Then...would something like SoFurry be a better place for me to place art? Or InkBunny and/or Weasyl...?

RCRuskin

But, right now, there exist multiple alternatives, though one seems to be offline at the moment.

rjbartrop

Well, for some reason, I must be doing something wrong since the no. of views..I swear no one ever looks at the submissions. Why should I even bother posting if no one looks at them, you know?

My thought is that it's still nice to have a spot you can point people to when they ask about about your art. I use my DA account mostly for non-furry art, and as a sport to point the "normal" people at.

-Sliqq-

Silo
You know for someone who is completely dense for a 16 year old who is so obsessed to being a popufur. you certainly have some very poor unrealistic expectations. I can see why your getting so much flack because of what your posting i see your the type that does'nt think before they post.

Meh. I grew a spine & spoke up. Whether you agree or not is completely up to you, but I will no longer stay quiet due to flak. I expressed my opinion, and I'm not changing it. If you think I'm not thinking before I post, you may want to read my statement alongside with all the things before it.

Please, this feels like a YouTube comment war.

Tchelline

Well it's been officially one week since Neer backstabbed the community, however things aren't going as he planned.

He used the old tactic that so many times before worked for him: waiting for things to cool off. However, this time the severity of his betrayal and negligence has caused a wound that will not close with mere time.

It's been a week, and people are only angrier than before, people are leaving, changing their icons to show their reject of Imvu. I hope this is the beginning of the absolute furry exodus.

Last edited:

-Sliqq-

Silo
Wll it's been officially one week since Neer backstabbed the community, however things aren't going as he planned.

He used the old tactic that so many times before worked for him: waiting for things to cool off. However, this time the severity of his betrayal and negligence has caused a wound that will not close with mere time.

It's been a week, and people are only angrier than before, people are leaving, changing their icons to show their reject of Imvu. I hope this is the beginning of the absolute furry exodus.

I want to ask for examples, but I'm afraid of what might happen to you. Good recap though. Fits the mood perfectly.

Tchelline

Well actually...

You can only be so indifferent at the inminent danger to the furry economy based in comissions because you do not depend on it. It's easy to think that the poor and unfortunate are dumb when you are basking in luxuries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.