• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA/IMVU Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

krystalfox77

Offcial Krystal
Piche stated on the official changelog of the beta he would commit himself to making progress quote "every 2-3 days" end quote. That's 8 full days since April the 5th, what would amount to 2-4 tweaks.

The list of subsequent updates is empty. How do you explain yourself?

Yes, that would be called bullshitting, I believe. Don't quote me on that though.

PheagleAdler

I think it's quite possible that he just didn't post, but I couldn't say either way. But after a detailed browse of the site, have any visible changes been made? I'm still waiting for the Search function to be fixed.

FoxWolfie

Pee-Stinky Raccoon
But after a detailed browse of the site, have any visible changes been made?

I check the beta each day or two. I specifically look for any of the suggested fixes, but haven't noticed anything different in the past week. All the same glitches are still there. I am perfectly happy with classic FA, but, if they are planning to eventually switch over to making the beta the default, small incremental fixes every couple days would be nice. I suspect Dragoneer's trying to fix everything mentioned at once to make everyone happy, but that's even bigger stress waiting to happen, because it's impossible to please everyone. Little bits at a time with incremental feedback, works a lot better. That allows for changes along the way, and prevents going too far in any direction that most people don't want. Whatever he is doing, I just hope he can keep his stress shields operating at full power!

Croconaw

#1 Most Requested Croconaw
Is Kalmor retired yet?

Unless the big change was Neer selling FA and having a beta that's barely functional thrown at us, I don't see anything different.

PheagleAdler

Is Kalmor retired yet?

Unless the big change was Neer selling FA and having a beta that's barely functional thrown at us, I don't see anything different.

When Kalmor made that statement, I did not see any specifics, so I figured any change qualified.

TheArchiver

Ace Documenter
When Kalmor made that statement, I did not see any specifics, so I figured any change qualified.

In response to me:

Yes. I'm a man of my word, and I will leave if I see one more thing that originally looks promising (like this) but then all of a sudden there's no word of it for an extended period of time after.

I am confident, however. Remember, I can see things internally that most people can't see. There is progress being made each day with no sign of stopping that I can see. I wouldn't say something like what I did if it didn't believe it or not willing to follow through.

A new UI was the topic, not a beta. It was promised the 22nd of February. It is halfway to May. I'd say that's an extended period of time considering they've promised one for literally years. Even the beta has halted at the moment as there has been no visible update since it's launch despite more promises of updates every 2-3 days.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

Illuminaughty

Ring-a-ding-ding, pal.
Well, they didn't piss on us...yet. The art theft is/was an ongoing thing, don't feel special because FA's not the only site they've stolen from (of course you already know that)

Just wait. Also I doubt you've ever heard of IMVU if you're this so-so about this entire shitfest waiting to happen.

So has anything remotely eventful happened yet or is shit basically been on repeat for the last two months?

See, the thing is, it took IMVU a few years to kill their reputation and subsequently their business. If you're waiting for a gigantic implosion, I hate to disappoint you but that's just not going to happen. More likely than not, it will be a slow death that drags out for a while until it putters to an uneventful close, sustained only by the ignorance of newbies who are drawn in by the shiny idea of the thing.

Just like IMVU itself. It's a soulless machine, feeding off of the wallets of new people who don't initially realize what they've stumbled into. By the time they do, they've contributed enough to IMVU that the revenue that IMVU continues to generate from their shop or the friends they brought will be enough until they can lure the next ignorant newbie in.

It's diabolically clever, really.

Last edited:

PheagleAdler

In response to me:

A new UI was the topic, not a beta. It was promised the 22nd of February. It is halfway to May. I'd say that's an extended period of time considering they've promised one for literally years. Even the beta has halted at the moment as there has been no visible update since it's launch despite more promises of updates every 2-3 days.

So, depends on what Kalmor defines as an 'extended period of time' then. There has never been a beta UI been made available directly on the site (I do recall an alternate URL, but that's about it) We'll just have to see how long this beta goes on without any updates.

Just wait. Also I doubt you've ever heard of IMVU if you're this so-so about this entire shitfest waiting to happen.

Has anyone really 'heard' of IMVU? It's not a site you just stumble upon or even get recommended to check out by a friend.

Also, what's with the grey font?

Last edited:

Tchelline

n the UI Beta, you cannot edit your submissions. You can delete them, but not change their tags, rating or edit the description.

This problem was noted on April 6th and Dragoneer stated that it would be fixed "tomorrow" (i.e April 7th):

https://twitter.com/Dragoneer/status/585324847850459138

It still has not been fixed.

A big (ha ha) problem with the UI is that everything is too big, esp. the huge font. On April the 5th Dragoneer promised this would be fixed "tomorrow" (i.e April 6th):

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/6636092#cid:45182824

In fact Dragoneer simply stopped replying to comments, on the Furaffinity UI early beta journal, after April 5th.

The journal currently has over 2000 comments and he's ignoring it.

What has Dragoneer been doing since April 5th? He's been playing the MMORPG Elder Scrolls online:

https://twitter.com/Dragoneer/status/585448325123547137

https://twitter.com/Dragoneer/status/586720028910817280

Over the past few weeks he's been tweeting about that game a lot.

He claimed to be "rather busy" on April 12th:

https://twitter.com/Dragoneer/status/587438673647562752

But doing what? He hasn't been working on the UI and people are still complaining about TTs and E-mails going unanswered. He didn't attend the FWA convention either.

PheagleAdler

F*cking Elder Scrolls X.X

krystalfox77

Offcial Krystal
n the UI Beta, you cannot edit your submissions. You can delete them, but not change their tags, rating or edit the description.

This problem was noted on April 6th and Dragoneer stated that it would be fixed "tomorrow" (i.e April 7th):

https://twitter.com/Dragoneer/status/585324847850459138

A big (ha ha) problem with the UI is that everything is too big, esp. the huge font. On April the 5th Dragoneer promised this would be fixed "tomorrow" (i.e April 6th):

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/6636092#cid:45182824

In fact Dragoneer simply stopped replying to comments, on the Furaffinity UI early beta journal, after April 5th.

The journal currently has over 2000 comments and he's ignoring it.

What has Dragoneer been doing since April 5th? He's been playing the MMORPG Elder Scrolls online:

https://twitter.com/Dragoneer/status/585448325123547137

https://twitter.com/Dragoneer/status/586720028910817280

Over the past few weeks he's been tweeting about that game a lot.

He claimed to be "rather busy" on April 12th:

https://twitter.com/Dragoneer/status/587438673647562752

But doing what? He hasn't been working on the UI and people are still complaining about TTs and E-mails going unanswered. He didn't attend the FWA convention either.

Oh look at that, Dragoneer and his team of drones are to f*cking lazy to improve the site yet again.

PheagleAdler

I think this thread will go on for a long time, simply because it's titled "FA/IMVU Discussion" meaning even if the problems were fixed, people would still find this thread an appropriate to discuss things related to the acquisition.

Gryphoneer

20 Quatloos on "disruptive"
I think this thread will go on for a long time, simply because it's titled "FA/IMVU Discussion" meaning even if the problems were fixed, people would still find this thread an appropriate to discuss things related to the acquisition.

Hair-splitting, nothing but hair-splitting about rhetorics. It was clear for all, and will be for newbs since they can simply look up the first page, that this thread was about the clusterfuck of problems introduced by Piche selling out the community.

PheagleAdler

Hair-splitting, nothing but hair-splitting about rhetorics. It was clear for all, and will be for newbs since they can simply look up the first page, that this thread was about the clusterfuck of problems introduced by Piche selling out the community.

Really, the nonexistent problems that did not crop up? What are these so-called 'problems' that the sale caused? I know of problems prior to that, but that's about it

Gryphoneer

20 Quatloos on "disruptive"
Really, the nonexistent problems that did not crop up? What are these so-called 'problems' that the sale caused? I know of problems prior to that, but that's about it
Holy shit dude, did you ram a fork into your hindbrain or what caused this gaping memory hole?

What about, I don't know, the massive art theft perpetrated on our new overlords' site and the legal hurdles they threw into the artists' way to remove them? It's time to stay away from posting for a while, you're digging your grave deeper with each sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.