• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA/IMVU Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
holy double post batman, chrome you fucked up
edit
There may be legal reasons not to post the terms of sale for a set period of time. This is not unusual in corporation / business sales, especially if any are publically held. When Apple bought Beats, they didn't say anything publically until after the sale was complete, and they did not make the terms of sale public. I'm no corporate lawyer, and I doubt many members of FA are. There is a lot we don't understand. I'd be curious to see what a corporate lawyer does have to say about the transaction process.
True, we can only wait for a time that we can publicly view these documents IF they are then released publicly...for all we know they can remain backroom forever.

Silvershock

I don't think it's reasonable to ask for a contract of private sale to be posted in its entirety. This site was 'Neer's property, it's now IMVU's, and the parts of that that don't affect the community are not our business. I am rather dismayed by the lack of clarification on the content issue, though, as well as the dodging of certain questions asked. A posted clarification of what this means of FurAffinity's TOS (and I do not mean in the next five minutes) would clear up a lot. If Dragoneer has to run that by the boss now, then OK, but if the rules are going to be changed on us then we should know that. Simply telling us "they want to invest" doesn't tell us anything of their intentions regarding the site.

A lot of people are worried. The usual one-line responses to the points raised that are less awkward to address will not cut it in this instance.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
I imagine Dragoneer is getting swamped right now on multiple fronts about this- Twitter, FA, FA Forum, Emails, etc. I am hoping he is gathering all these questions, noting them and is preparing some sort of blanket statement or post later that addresses these concerns. I have to say some of the questions brought up so far have been excellent and about things I had no idea about at all. IMVU a publically traded company? How does that affect what happens to FA? I hadn't considered that, and it has me curious. I don't want to look for trouble, but I'm ignorant about so much regarding this so I have to wait and see.

Dragoneer: It would behoove you to answer some of these questions that have been legitimately brought up. Perhaps set a date one week from now for an official posting with all these questions answered along with those that come up in the interim. Give everyone a timeline of the purchase, what that agreement was, the responsibilities and obligations by the new company, your role in the new organization, etc. Money will be a touchy subject, but to alleviate the fears and worries of the members of the community, that may be something you need to address as well. Is that a reasonable request for a followup official statement in a week?

I will be gathering up questions and preparing a more in-depth Q&A and about it to respond to people's questions.

Rowedahelicon

Banned
Banned
I don't think it's reasonable to ask for a contract of private sale to be posted in its entirety. This site was 'Neer's property, it's now IMVU's, and the parts of that that don't affect the community are not our business. I am rather dismayed by the lack of clarification on the content issue, though, as well as the dodging of certain questions asked. A posted clarification of what this means of FurAffinity's TOS (and I do not mean in the next five minutes) would clear up a lot. If Dragoneer has to run that by the boss now, then OK, but if the rules are going to be changed on us then we should know that. Simply telling us "they want to invest" doesn't tell us anything of their intentions regarding the site.

A lot of people are worried. The usual one-line responses to the points raised that are less awkward to address will not cut it in this instance.

It is very reasonable, as it will cover every clarification you want. Dragoneer is not trust worthy, this is simply a fact. He can say all he wants, but it just isn't going to cut it. I've been seeing people not just leave, but clean our their inventories. One of which, is the site's original founder. The longer he waits, the worse this will get.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
I don't think it's reasonable to ask for a contract of private sale to be posted in its entirety.
If that's not reasonable, then it's not reasonable to accept anything about the contract as proof that nothing will ever change about the site (except "for the better").

Gryphoneer

20 Quatloos on "disruptive"
Geez, guys, you leave for a few hours to have the car MOT'd and then you return to find you guys making a mountain out of a molehill! IMVU will have nothing to do with FA soon enough, just you wait. After all, FA makes no money!

...which will probably prompt IMVU to cut their losses and take the whole site down forever.

Silvershock

If that's not reasonable, then it's not reasonable to accept anything about the contract as proof that nothing will ever change about the site (except "for the better").

I don't follow your logic. Posting the relevant excerpts of the agreement that affect the community makes sense to me, but I doubt you're going to have the entire thing posted because some of that private information has no bearing on you whatsoever.

L

LizardKing

So does this mean you can get some real help to finish that new UI/phoenix or what?

Kadah

The only thing I still have not found anything about yet is IMVU's reasons why, and this may not be something Dragoneer can answer for them.
I've seen a lot of what they will do, won't do, expressing support going forward, etc, and that one bit about running ads again, but not why they wanted to do this to start with.

I'm not at all trying to load this question one way or the other like some here have, I'm just wondering why they care. I mean, if its something as simple as "most of the board of IMVU are secretly furrys", then that's completley valid to me. lol

Rowedahelicon

Banned
Banned
The details of the sale are not mine to post.

I hope you're aware that not everyone is going to like that. With all your transparencyâ„¢ , why weren't we informed of any decisions before it was too late? After all your lies and misinformation, what right do you have in expecting anyone to believe you? You were given more than enough chances to be open and clear with your intentions, and I know personally you were given better chances to sell. I also know for a fact you didn't want to sell in the first place.

Last edited:

Runefox

I don't follow your logic. Posting the relevant excerpts of the agreement that affect the community makes sense to me, but I doubt you're going to have the entire thing posted because some of that private information has no bearing on you whatsoever.

Okay, so redact the "private" information and post it. Without seeing the contract, all we have are Dragoneer's assurances, and he doesn't legally run the show anymore, so tough cookies if he thinks he can block them from interfering with the site at all. It's their property now. Only IMVU and the signed document hold any weight on this matter, and IMVU isn't talking details any further than Dragoneer is. Shouldn't we at least know what he's done to the site and community in the event that he loses total control by being fired when the site fails to get out of the red?

No, nor is the site yours to run. You've gone from owner to employee, and while you're at the wheel, you're not free to decide where the ship goes. What we want from the document are the details of the agreement that pertain to FA's future, not its present.

Gryphoneer

20 Quatloos on "disruptive"
Pssst, IMVU people, here's your first chance to improve the site: Kick Piche upstairs. Put him into a completely powerless position but placate him with an important sounding title like "Senior Consultant" or so.

Seriously, do this now, this man's utter financial poison!

Migoto Da

Heat the Beat
Unfortunately, this does nothing for a lot of people besides make them upset.

We go from promising transparency to blindsiding people with a change that I have a feeling people on staff knew a lot of users would have a problem with. Hm.

This isn't good. Not for you, not for us, and certainly not with your new employer. This is a very suspect deal, that a lot of people who base this site as their livelihoods would love to know how this actually transgressed.

If you can't do that, then why have faith in you or them? This is an extremely important matter that affects most people, hell, maybe pretty much everyone on the website with content creation on their mind.
You are essentially going back on your word of transparency. For the umpteenth time. There will come a time where people will finally just stop believing what they see even if it's true this time.
What is IMVU's vision for the site? Will content creators be shafted in any way, shape, or form? What /positive/ changes are actually going to happen as a result of this?

Until these questions are answered, you're going to get a lot of flak, especially considering the history of said remarks.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
So does this mean you can get some real help to finish that new UI/phoenix or what?
Yes, money to hire on coding support. Right now, we're fixing/upgrading FA's infrastructure to support larger file uploads (a new app server with 16-cores, full SSD and a storage server with 48TB of space). After that, investing resources into coding and technical support.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Unfortunately, this does nothing for a lot of people besides make them upset.

We go from promising transparency to blindsiding people with a change that I have a feeling people on staff knew a lot of users would have a problem with. Hm.
I understand that, but I entered into an NDA and an agreement, a binding contract. Thus, the details are literally not mine to give. Period.

Lvx

I understand that, but I entered into an NDA and an agreement, a binding contract. Thus, the details are literally not mine to give. Period.

You could have just SAID there was a Royal Promise and 70% of this debacle could have been avoided

Migoto Da

Heat the Beat
Very well. Seems backwards given previous mission statements, but I digress. I (and quite a few others) are used to it by now anyway.

Runefox

This stinks of "bad deal", especially since you obviously didn't bother to read the damn thing before you signed it. The fact that you aren't answering questions about the future of the site and that you're specifically saying you can't answer them is very disturbing.

And of course, in the event that you get fired, IMVU will have to take over anyway, and all bets are off.

Status
Not open for further replies.