• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA keeps logging me out

Giaru

FA just started randomly logging me out today. I have trouble sending notes and browsing because I keep getting logged out at random intervals. I did nothing new to my browser, cleared cache and cookies to see if that would help, but that didn't seem to do anything. I'm not sure what to do about this, am I alone having this issue right now?

Draco18s

I have also been having this issue. Seems like I get logged out about once every hour or so, though I haven't been trying to pin that time down exactly.
But I've definitely had to sign in four or five times today.

Giaru

It did that 2 or 3 times for me in the last 10 minutes or so. Either way I'm glad to know it's not only on my side..

Zauber Paracelsus

I have had this happen to me at least a dozen or so times over the last few days. Earlier I went to file a trouble ticket right after logging in, but had to re-enter it because I got logged out while I was typing it.

And the problem doesn't seem confined to FurAffinity, I am also getting logged out of DeviantArt as well.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Deleting those cookies didn't work, I am still getting logged out.
Hmm. Temp files and the like too.
Otherwise... reboot, power cycle the router... uhh... reinstall the browser maybe?
Make sure your adblocker is playing nice... VPN might be messing with it...

Zauber Paracelsus

Hmm. Temp files and the like too.
Otherwise... reboot, power cycle the router... uhh... reinstall the browser maybe?
Make sure your adblocker is playing nice... VPN might be messing with it...

Cleared all cookies and browser data, and the problem still occurs. I will note that two other people in the thread before me started having the problem around the same time as I did, so it is unlikely to be something wrong on my end.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Cleared all cookies and browser data, and the problem still occurs. I will note that two other people in the thread before me started having the problem around the same time as I did, so it is unlikely to be something wrong on my end.
Hmm...
Could be a mutated issue other new users have where people get locked out of posting occasionally.
That's the only thing all of you have in common.

The post/comment lockout has been an issue I don't think the site admin can fix otherwise it would have been by now (This site is using antiquated code with 3rd party code slapped on top)
You may just have to deal with it until it clears up on its own.

Zauber Paracelsus

Hmm...
Could be a mutated issue other new users have where people get locked out of posting occasionally.
That's the only thing all of you have in common.

The post/comment lockout has been an issue I don't think the site admin can fix otherwise it would have been by now (This site is using antiquated code with 3rd party code slapped on top)
You may just have to deal with it until it clears up on its own.

I've only posted one comment on FA in the last week

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I've only posted one comment on FA in the last week
Like I said. It could be a variant of a similar issue.
I'm no admin so I don't have access to the database or packet information so I can't say for sure, but I do know that this forum generally isn't nice to new users in one way or another to no fault of the users their selves.

Water Draco

Next LondonFurs?? Please stay tuned
If you are using Firefox you may have to close all tabs and do a complete restart of your device to clear this type of issue. Also if this does not work if have any page from fur affinity forums bookmarked in Firefox it can sometimes cause problems like this as well.

Zauber Paracelsus

If you are using Firefox you may have to close all tabs and do a complete restart of your device to clear this type of issue. Also if this does not work if have any page from fur affinity forums bookmarked in Firefox it can sometimes cause problems like this as well.

I am using Vivaldi, which is a forked version of Chromium. Though, now I am wondering if maybe the problem is the FurAffinity Notifier extension I am using? I am also using the dA Notifier Extension, and DeviantArt is also showing this issue.

EDIT: Nope, disabling the extensions didn't help at all.

Last edited:

Draco18s

I'm using Chrome.

Phrixus

I am having this happening as well on any browser on all my devices. Primarily I use the Chromium Edge. It's already really annoying. I tried timing the issue, but it happens with discrepancies. I can sometimes keep the session alive for 30 minutes, other times it borks out after a minute or two.

Pyrodemonfox

I am also having this issue and have been having it sign me out for the past 2 weeks. I've done everything from cleaning cache, cookies, updating and re-installing my browser. It's in the logs, on my account activity it jumps from 11-15 minute login times to 5, 12, 45 second login times.

zidders

I've been getting 503 errors ever since FA got DDoS'd. Nothing that I've tried helps. I filed a trouble ticket but after letting them know I clearer my cookies, tried another browser, etc they never replied. That was several days ago now. It's frustrating because not only can I not upload I can't even access the rest of my work.

Draco18s

I've been getting 503 errors ever since FA got DDoS'd. Nothing that I've tried helps. I filed a trouble ticket but after letting them know I clearer my cookies, tried another browser, etc they never replied. That was several days ago now. It's frustrating because not only can I not upload I can't even access the rest of my work.
This sounds like a completely unrelated issue.