• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA Launching Start of December.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
NOTICE TO ALL USERS!

This is a notice to let all FA users know the beta is coming to a close in roughly one week. FA should return to full operations roughly the start of December (no absolute date, but it will be within the first few days). There may a short period of downtime while we switch servers in order to get the system back up and running.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

In light of that, this is a reminder: ALL CURRENT ACCOUNTS, DATA AND INFORMATION WILL BE DELETED. All of it. No data shall be spared!

Thanks for helping test out the system!

Lili Fox

Whoo!!

Alright!! Way cool!!!!! BTW, I like some of the changes put forth in the Beta as of late. It's really starting to look slick!

Tikara

The Local Purple Mew
Man, I can't wait!! FA is one of my favorite sites!! :D *gets realy for the day when it comes back*

Tabuu-Lion

Can that start time also be considered the ETA for the critical bug fixes?
(which include those which were not yet added to the list here, like this one)

Tabuu-Lion said:
Phoenixfire said:
Ok, I need to restate what has happened. I went into my FA settings and changed some things. Mostly wanted to see how good the filters worked. So I turned off a few different fetishes and all of the music. Now, if I am not logged into FA, I can see everything just fine. I can even see my account. But once I log in, I can't see anything at all. The page just goes blank and there is nothing on the screen but white. I even tried using the refresh button, clearing my cookies and a few other things. It also doesn't seem to matter what kind of browser I am using. If I am logged in, I get nothing. Anyone got any ideas on what I did wrong and how I may be able to fix this?

Just did the same thing with an alt account, and got the same results.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Tabuu-Lion said:
Yes, we're still working on critical bugs. We updated the list earlier, and fixed some other issues today. We're looking into the white screen bug, but we think it may be related to this being a beta server, it may have been a problem that cropped up during a change.

We did look into it, couldn't figure out what caused it. We'll check into it more, but see what hapens when we're on the real system using the real server, where everything isn't a temp.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Daddyfox said:
~sigh~ I'm gonna miss the ol' Beta.
It'll miss you, but don't worry, it'll send cards on all the holidays. It'll never forget you.

Vlcice

Preyfar said:
Tabuu-Lion said:
Yes, we're still working on critical bugs. We updated the list earlier, and fixed some other issues today. We're looking into the white screen bug, but we think it may be related to this being a beta server, it may have been a problem that cropped up during a change.

We did look into it, couldn't figure out what caused it. We'll check into it more, but see what hapens when we're on the real system using the real server, where everything isn't a temp.

Will you do it with a temporary database, at least? Since some of these bugs seem to be security problems to some extent, it would seem problematic to leave them unresolved on the final, public database.

Phoenixfire

Preyfar said:
Tabuu-Lion said:

Well, seeing that the new site is going to be up and running in a few days I won't really worry about it to much. I'll just know for future reference to never do that again LOL.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Phoenixfire said:
Preyfar said:
Tabuu-Lion said:

Well, seeing that the new site is going to be up and running in a few days I won't really worry about it to much. I'll just know for future reference to never do that again LOL.
If you know how to recreate the problem, let us know!

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Tiarhlu said:
So what you're saying is, it'll be up sometime in March, right? :lol:
FA will be operational within a week, and our penguin army will be ready to march shortly thereafter.

We've also learned from previous mistakes and incarnations. There will be no admin infighting. More attention to bugs. There will also be no questionable exhaust ports placed at the end of large, inexplicably well defended trenches in which skilled pilots can ultimately destroy our operation with a single photon torpedo.

verix

some dragon
Preyfar said:
There will also be no questionable exhaust ports placed at the end of large, inexplicably well defended trenches in which skilled pilots can ultimately destroy our operation with a single photon torpedo.
DO A BARREL ROLL!!

Keto

verix said:
Preyfar said:
There will also be no questionable exhaust ports placed at the end of large, inexplicably well defended trenches in which skilled pilots can ultimately destroy our operation with a single photon torpedo.
DO A BARREL ROLL!!

DoaBarrelRoll.jpg

Daddyfox

Preyfar said:
Daddyfox said:
~sigh~ I'm gonna miss the ol' Beta.
It'll miss you, but don't worry, it'll send cards on all the holidays. It'll never forget you.

Yeah sure, and it'll promise to call Me next week, and say that we should get together next weekend for drinks... then hey, things are really busy lately, but next month for sure. And then the phone call never comes. And the cards stop coming. One day though, we see each other at the grocery store and we give a little acknoledging smile... maybe one of those nods. But then, we just go our seperate ways, because we both know, it'll never be the same. And that magic is just gone forever.

Anyways, If it launches some time next week, that'd be ideal as I'll have a good batch of My Holiday commissions done and scanned in... ready t'post.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Daddyfox said:
Anyways, If it launches some time next week, that'd be ideal as I'll have a good batch of My Holiday commissions done and scanned in... ready t'post.
The server got all the parts it was waiting for yesterday, had its new OS loaded up. It should be given a round of tweaking today, and hopefully... get jacked into the system in the next day or so.

Then?

Then we're live.

Neonflash

Any idea on a ETA on how long it will be after FA is back up and running that our old accounts and art will be restored? cant wait to get back to watching my friends and dun really wanna have to find all of them 1 by 1 again x.x

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Neonflash said:
Any idea on a ETA on how long it will be after FA is back up and running that our old accounts and art will be restored? cant wait to get back to watching my friends and dun really wanna have to find all of them 1 by 1 again x.x
Gushi reinstalled the server's OS yesterday with his own premium Linux blend, and is making the necessary tweaks and security measures. When he's done, I estimate it will be 2 to 3 days until we're online (if not sooner).

At any rate, it's just a few days at most now. :)

Keto

Preyfar said:
Neonflash said:
Gushi reinstalled the server's OS yesterday with his own premium blend of Linux and is making the tweaks and security measures on it. When he's done, I estimate it will be 2 to 3 days after and we're online -- which could be today or tomorrow.

It's just a few days at most now. :)

WOOOO