• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA Launching Start of December.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Tiarhlu said:
What is ETA? I know what EPA is, but something tells me there's no relation. :)
Estimated Time to Arrival.

Gushi told me earlier he got all that he needed to done, and may be plugging in the server tonight. So, who knows... FA live tomorrow? I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

starlite528

Preyfar said:
Neonflash said:
Any idea on a ETA on how long it will be after FA is back up and running that our old accounts and art will be restored? cant wait to get back to watching my friends and dun really wanna have to find all of them 1 by 1 again x.x
Gushi reinstalled the server's OS yesterday with his own premium Linux blend, and is making the necessary tweaks and security measures. When he's done, I estimate it will be 2 to 3 days until we're online (if not sooner).

At any rate, it's just a few days at most now. :)

WOOOOO YAY FOR LINUX!!!!
:lol:

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
verix said:
Serenakitty said:
sooo will it still be furaffinity.net? or will the website change?
It's going to be called ArtPlz.
*snrrk* That'll happen when reindeer fly out of my ass. =D I'm still waiting to see the ArtPlz public beta that Arcturus mentioned was supposed to be out around the end of November. Adam's UI was quite nice for it.

TORA

Banned
Banned
There you go you guys! An art request! Have reindeer popping out of Preyfar's ass! ^_^;;;

Oh, and ummm... Artplz is dead.

Pico

So uhhhh what's the deal with getting our old accounts back? Is that still going to happen or will we have to re-register?

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Pico said:
So uhhhh what's the deal with getting our old accounts back? Is that still going to happen or will we have to re-register?
You will have to re-register. Accounts will be done on an importing basis, so we can pull your old info into the new account.

nobuyuki

I personally thought most of the design's aesthetics he had planned out for the final version were too minimalistic, but that's cause I couldn't see the actual pages in action. Ever since the leak, it would seem EVERYONE thought these were good ideas, cause I'm seeing them being incorporated here and elsewhere.

</aside>

Oh yeah, the thing about deadlines is that if you don't set them, people will start whining. And if you do set them, people will whine if you don't make them. When you do make them, people will whine about how unpolished it is, regardless of quality on deadline. Long story short, it's a paradox which I would have personally approached by never setting a deadline. I believe Arc felt it important to do so in order to stay "competitive" with FA, at least in a PR sense.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
nobuyuki said:
I believe Arc felt it important to do so in order to stay "competitive" with FA, at least in a PR sense.
In a PR sense that's silly, since ArtPlz is not entirely a competitor to FurAffinity. ArtPlz has to compete against Deviant and Sheezy in the fact it's less focused on being limited to a single fandom, and more as a broad, varied art site in general.

Not that I don't find competition good, but... it's kind of apples and oranges. Still fruit, just really different fruit.

And your icon needs updatin', Nobu. =P

TORA

Banned
Banned
Preyfar said:
You will have to re-register. Accounts will be done on an importing basis, so we can pull your old info into the new account.

Yeah, I definitely am gonna have my old stuff imported, even though I do have my watches saved.

Serenakitty

Preyfar said:
verix said:
Serenakitty said:
sooo will it still be furaffinity.net? or will the website change?
It's going to be called ArtPlz.
*snrrk* That'll happen when reindeer fly out of my ass. =D I'm still waiting to see the ArtPlz public beta that Arcturus mentioned was supposed to be out around the end of November. Adam's UI was quite nice for it.

so it's still gonna be Furaffinity.net?