• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA Policy Notice - "Cub" Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchera

It will be come a drama here soon if you don't lock it, Dragoneer. Already there are comments offensive to both sides, and they'll only become worse.

nobuyuki

av_vendetta03.jpg
I approve of the new policy

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Dragoneer, maybe you should close this thread to leave the announcement at is, but have a Q&A thread and have moderators make sure it stays on topic so you can answer people's questions.

Schatten

since i have been labeled not less than three times as a pedophile by other users of this site, just because i tried to defend a friend who was labeled the same, this might not look good for you if i write the following, but, well,

thank you.

and especially for this:

Dragoneer said:
If, however, we feel that the any art uploaded to Fur Affinity is based off of a real child, or meant to represent a real child, we will take action against that user and report them to the proper authorities and pull their artwork. The administration behind Fur Affinity does not, and will not, ever support pedophilia. We will, however, choose and defend people's rights to freedom of expression and choice.

Kuriin

The people who are saying they're leaving because of the new policy are nothing but attention whores. Dragoneer, you did the right thing and you said it very eloquently. Don't feel bad for a few bad apples in the stack.

KaputOtter

Dragoneer said:
Fall under "Fan art" and will be discussed by the admins as a separate issue.

Good. I don't think fanart has a place here at all, unfortunately. But I won't say anything else, for fear of getting the thread off-topic again.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
GaeronDrasska said:
When can we expect the new filters in place?
They are being worked on for the Ferrox update, which may be 1 to 2 months out.

Wovstah

Best icecream flavour ever!
Thank you for taking the time and thinking this over.

Thank you more so for giving artists, in the upcoming weeks, to block this material if they so wish not to view it.

jery

Thankyou for a very reasoned decision. We appreciate how hard the last few days must have been.

just2draw

I joined, and have actively encouraged others to join, Fur Affinity because I believed it to be sensibly run.

It, like DeviantArt, had an interface that focused on the art ‘community’ rather than simple picture posting. This set it apart from other sites like VCL.

As such, it has community-based features as an ‘Adult Filter’ and a TOS document (Terms of Service) that specifically excluded the type of art that many would be uncomfortable with – and some would find deeply offensive.

There is a saying, “It is important to keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out!”

The depiction of pre-teen anthropomorphic animals in sexual situations is clearly outside the boundaries of reasonable artistic behaviour. “Cub Art” is a sign of a sickness, not a legitimate form of artistic expression. If the administrators of Fur Affinity do not share this view, then in all good conscience, I cannot continue to support them.

While a number of things have perturbed me, as the drama unfolded, and while I have no doubt the figures are inaccurate – the number of Fur Affinity users who are ‘okay’ with sexualised “Cub Art” is disturbing. Many people in the “Furry Community” clearly need to re-examine their personal moral and ethical standards. Hiding behind “freedom of expression” is treating Fur Affinity like an anonymous picture posting site, instead of an artistic community.

Sure, VCL might be anything goes... but the rules change when you aim to create an online community.

I don’t want to be part of a community that condones paedophilia, regardless of if that paedophilia is fantasy based or not.

So goodbye. And thanks for turning what could have been the greatest example of the majority Furry Community’s sense of fun and imagination, into a fetish site that will most likely end up high on the “Furry’s are sick and evil” example list.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Kuriin said:
The people who are saying they're leaving because of the new policy are nothing but attention whores. Dragoneer, you did the right thing and you said it very eloquently. Don't feel bad for a few bad apples in the stack.

That's not fair, I have a good friend who left because he on a moral basis couldn't stomach the decision. Whether I agree with it or not, it was his personal choice, and I would far from call him an attention whore.

nobuyuki

Dragoneer said:
Thot said:
Does this refer to art depicting real humans or humans in general?

Thank you btw.
The rules will change so that art depicting human children in sexual situations will no longer be allowed -- this includes Anime series. The law is specific. Furries are not real, and thus cub art is not permitted. The law, however, is specific as to humans, and they are no longer permitted.

Now I can't really pull up the show which actually said this, but from what I had heard the law's intent was to prevent photomorphs and things of that nature. From the quote in your very first post it seems to imply that things like anime-related stuff is a cartoon and therefore IS distinguishable and can be made with no obvious real-life references. If you continue to keep the policy on that arbitrary ban, don't do so on a misinterpretation of the legal precedents. Please correct me if I'm wrong in how I read the USC quote.

so i'm confused...why did marthaen leave again? i mean this was the best decision you could make after all. i don't like that stuff either but i don't have to look so it doesn't bother me. you were in a lose lose situation with everything being split down the middle like that. what else could you have done?

timbatig

Dragoneer said:
The rules will change so that art depicting human children in sexual situations will no longer be allowed -- this includes Anime series. The law is specific. Furries are not real, and thus cub art is not permitted. The law, however, is specific as to humans, and they are no longer permitted.

You meant prohibited, right o_o Cub art is not prohibited?

BlueVon

i still think its wrong cause what if later the pedofiles gets incouraged to do something like raping a 14 yr old girl in real life? it doesnt matter if it has to represent an actual person or not, its the thought of it. and by letting this by, its only encourges someone to actually take such action on some lil girl and then that person will blame FA for it..... its only a matter of time...

Zakassis

Fweee!
timbatig said:
Dragoneer said:

You meant prohibited, right o_o Cub art is not prohibited?

Cub art is allowed, but fan-based artworks depicting human children (or any, for that matter) isn't, quite simply because "human" isn't "cub".

GaeronDrasska

BlueVon said:
i still think its wrong cause what if later the pedofiles gets incouraged to do something like raping a 14 yr old girl in real life? it doesnt matter if it has to represent an actual person or not, its the thought of it. and by letting this by, its only encourges someone to actually take such action on some lil girl and then that person will blame FA for it..... its only a matter of time...

Umm... no. That's not how it works.

Alevva

I think I'm gonna have to agree with some who spoke earlier in the thread. This needs closing and quick, I can already see the drama start to build with more worn out arguments that don't have a ground anymore.

Kuriin

Arshes Nei said:
Kuriin said:

That's not fair, I have a good friend who left because he on a moral basis couldn't stomach the decision. Whether I agree with it or not, it was his personal choice, and I would far from call him an attention whore.

Sorry, Arshes Nei, I meant people who post in a thread saying "goodbye" because of a simple decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.