• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA Project: UI Overhaul

AllenR

SkieFire said:
AllenR said:
Regarding the whole thing about "users uploading pics they've gotten as commissions or gifts." I think they should probably keeps this as a not allowed policy. Because half the people who would probably use this would end up double posting the same image, and the majority of people probably wouldn't use the feature anyway and just end up submitting it as regular art.

That gives me an idea, actually. How about an area on the userpage that would be like favourites, but more self contained that could show work done by other users but displayed in your gallery too? Say if someone uploads a commission they have done for someone, they can tick a box and enter the commissioners username and it will then automatically appear in that area on the commissioners page. Give them a different colour border and make the artists user icon show up under the image itself.

Dosent duplicate the image, comments or anything and gets rid of people re-uploading commissioned pieces.

This can be an idea, but if it were implemented, I think it would need an added option for the artist to only allow that said person, or if groups were implemented, an approval option to display the image on his or her or the groups said gallery. Just in case the said artist doesn't want people spamming his art around like it was done for other people.

SammyFox

KurtBatz said:
A working option to not have to look at terribly drawn babyfur art.

hehe ^^

Dickie

1. I really like the option to turn off the Commission page. But, perhaps have it off by default, and make it an opt-in feature, to ensure that ONLY folks offering commissions are displaying it. I'd also like to see more "Other" options for the page. As it stands, there aren't enough slots for items. We just have "sketch," "ink," "Digital," and two "Extra Options." There's not even an option for "Colour." I think it would be nice to have, rather than a whole bunch of set options, to add a few more fields, and maybe have them all with custom inputs, which would allow for users to also list things like "Icons," "Badges," "Sculptures," "Stories," "Animations," or whatever else folks offer.

Examples: http://www.jadwinstudios.net/FXXX/images/7/7f/Screen_1.PNG
http://www.jadwinstudios.net/FXXX/images/8/81/Screen_2.PNG

2. I can't wait until the tag system comes in to place. Not enough people seem to care about the tags or the drop-down menu right now, because they don't really seem to matter.

SammyFox

1: up to 128 (or just 100) thumbnails at once everywhere while browsing (and not just 64 somewhere and 32 at another place)
2: the option to turn off thumbnails and just show the title of the pic
3: A working search feature
4: More more MORE! species. c:
5: more submission categories (Like Incest, stuff like that)
6: "babyfur" and "cub art" isn't the same thing. please put up a cub art category so people don't get their eyes burned because they saw a pic of an adult fur pooping in a diaper o.x;
7: the ability to create your own fa skin.
8: a "FA skin" category.
9: a Fender category :D

that's all I can think about for now. c:

I don´t know if this is part of the overhaul, but I thought I mention it:

Not sure if this was already voiced, but I find the current messages system too confusing. When I shout on someones page he/she can´t answer me directly, and shouting back on my page isn´t good because I gotta remember what I wrote initially and vice versa.

Same goes with the comments, when I answer a comment that wasn´t last in the row then my comment will appended on the end of the already made answers.

In short (I know this is confusing! XD): A reply system like Deviant Art has would be better and more visible.

Suggestions:

- Just like its possible to have pictures come up as "full view" as a default setting, it would also be nice to have the option to set a default number of thumbnails per view page.

- More species and fetishes. Obviously you're going to hear this one a lot, but it ties in with the next suggestion.

- The option to not view certain fetishes. I'm envisioning something like this: within the control panel there will be a menu labeled "Do not show submissions tagged as:" with a series of tick-boxes. These would be saved as a default preference, and then those submissions would simply not show up when users go through the browse page or any gallery. This achieve three things: 1)Save bandwidth 2)Stop people from complaining about art that they don't like and 3) Spare the eyes of non (insert fetish here) lovers.

- A "crafts" category. There are several artists on this site that put furry art on objects other than paper, or that sculpt, make plushies, etc. I think there's enough of us to warrant our own category.

Without restating things that are already posted, I think that's all the suggestions I have at the moment.

jaiyikendra

This rarely comes up. I have full view enabled at all times, but every once in a while the image is too large to view without scrolling a lot.

There is currently no way to resize the image to be smaller.

If I am already in full view mode, then a button that says "small view" or "medium view" would be very convenient. Clicking this button might make the image 800x800 pixels max.

Ashkihyena

Back off man, I'm a scientist
Alot of good ideas have been posted of course, but Search and Groups please, I would really love for these two things to be added (especially the search to be returned.)

Daniel Kay

Scalie love
Beeing able to delete comments you recive (spam/doubleposts) and edit comments you make, at least untill somebody replied to them so people wouldnt doublepost to make a "correction"

Adding "herm" to the gender category, herm is NOT Transgender art

More choseable color styles

Keep draggy fender ^..^

Schuy01

Probably way off base but, how about collaborative project workspaces?

Workspace to hold files that a group of users can share/upload/download files for a project they have.

- an Admin to control workspace
- create password to access space
- maybe a 'token' file login/out so duplicate files are not worked on

Hanazawa

Would Like To Play a Game
Browsing filters in galleries. I can sort the recent uploads by, say, Music, but there's no easy way to look at just music in any user's personal gallery. Why not? D:

Growly

If we do the folders thing, I want certain folders to be able to be invisible to a user who is not logged in, or doesn't have mature submissions enabled.
Reason why? FA is my most updated gallery- I send a lot of non-fur friends and whatnot to my FA, and I wouldn't want them seeing a folder called "Fetish Art" even if they couldn't view the contents.

Also, I suggest each user is able to change the background and font colors to anything they want- it will only effect their own viewing of the site.

I would LOVE to see the ability to edit comments, similar to what we have in the forum, on journals and shouts, and even normal art comments. I've done far too many typos from saying something like "sue cold water" instead of "use cold water".

Also, I'd like the ability to remove posts in your journals, like you can with your shouts.

Growly

Regarding the whole thing about "users uploading pics they've gotten as commissions or gifts." I think they should probably keeps this as a not allowed policy. Because half the people who would probably use this would end up double posting the same image, and the majority of people probably wouldn't use the feature anyway and just end up submitting it as regular art.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I do not like my artwork being reposted by somebody else, even with credit- they can just fav the one I submit and show that link to their friends.

Now, if there were custom Favs folders, what they could do is make a folder titled "Commissions I've Bought" and all the commissioned art they could fav and keep in one tidy folder.

That I would be more than okay with.

Color scheme: Dark gold/tawny tones with brown text, black bars with lighter gold links. Black links for art/etc.

Tawny ala:
#FFA812
#FFA824

Brown:
#9C661F

Link-gold:
#FCB514

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
ekigyuu said:

There is a NSFW thumbnail in your screenshot. Could you link or mosaic it pls. :)

Also, you seem to be using the old and no longer updated or supported user interface.

Cougar_Leon

I'd like to be able to costomize my user page by adding a banner or something along that line... I don't think it'll catch on or not anyway.

RaireEX08

[size=x-small](first post here - 'might be out of line!)[/size]

From a personal perspective, I really miss the submission descriptions being shown when I mouseover the thumbnail. Unless said thumbnail / submission-title actually says what the medium is (story, sketch, flash etc) then I don't know what I'm clicking into... which might waste time / bandwidth.

I agree with the ideas of being able to pick a 'featured favourite' for personal frontpages, increased species / gender lists etc.

Uhm... That it's. I'll be quiet now. Thank you! *hides*

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
RaireEX08 said:
From a personal perspective, I really miss the submission descriptions being shown when I mouseover the thumbnail. Unless said thumbnail / submission-title actually says what the medium is (story, sketch, flash etc) then I don't know what I'm clicking into... which might waste time / bandwidth.

Simply click on the submission title which appears below it and you will get the description: