• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA Project: UI Overhaul

Hanazawa

Would Like To Play a Game
Uniform layouts = MUST HAVE.

Sheezy lets people rearrange their crap and it's annoying as hell. 95% of the time I can't tell if I'm looking at someone's gallery or their favorites. Bad idea.

CyberFoxx

Wait, what?
Kio said:
1. When submitting a Flash file add the option not to display a right click menu. This is useful for not cheating in games or when you just want to disable it. The html code for it is:
Code:
<embed src="youfile.swf" menu="false">

I personally am against this suggestion. Why? Because whenever a flash loads, I always set it to either medium or low quality. Having flash stuck in High quality mode is a great way to kill a comp.

Anyway, what I want to see in FA? More Cowbell!

Foxlink

Enjoying a new Mac Pro!!
I know this has been said a few times (at least...) SEARCH!! Whether for people or art, it would be very helpful. Also, I would like to see the 'deleted' messages in the PM's REALLY deleted. They seem to float there for ever, and you can't get rid of them. Making it easier to get rid of PM's that you would like to would also be a big help, you have to click one at a time... gets redundant... anyhow, I'll think of some other stuff later.. LOL

=^_^=
-Fox

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
CyberFoxx said:
Kio said:
1. When submitting a Flash file add the option not to display a right click menu. This is useful for not cheating in games or when you just want to disable it. The html code for it is:
Code:
<embed src="youfile.swf" menu="false">

I personally am against this suggestion. Why? Because whenever a flash loads, I always set it to either medium or low quality. Having flash stuck in High quality mode is a great way to kill a comp.
Yep. Some computers aren't up to scrach, the author has too much going on or a script cripples processing power (Eg. Physics games).
If you want to 'disable' the right click there's more than enough Tutorals on how to remove it.

Foxlink

Enjoying a new Mac Pro!!
OHH yeah.. one more thing.. with the stories and stuff, is there ANYWAY to make them compatable with a Mac? I love running my Mac, and ss, but I'm not changing OS just for one site. I enjoy coming here- and reading some of the stories people have to offer would be nice... :p

=^_^=
-Fox

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Foxlink said:
OHH yeah.. one more thing.. with the stories and stuff, is there ANYWAY to make them compatable with a Mac? I love running my Mac, and ss, but I'm not changing OS just for one site. I enjoy coming here- and reading some of the stories people have to offer would be nice... :p

=^_^=
-Fox
Huh?
.txt, .rtf and .doc files all work on Mac. What other file format do stories use here?
What 'stuff' isn't compatable?

Tinintri

Mmm.. bird.
I don't know if this has been said or not so I'll suggest it anyway.

I'd really like to be able to create little sub-galleries and put what I would like in them manually, kind of like albums of sorts. I've seen this done on pregfur and I thought it was quite nifty.

For example:

One would do art of a hyena character named Jack and a coyote named Lily. I could have one album as Jack, one as Lily, one as Couple.

There would still be the optional view of just "Gallery" where viewers could view in order of time but I just think this would be too nice to have and would definitely organize my gallery. If nothing else, you could just order it by year and all. This would be very handy for writers, too, who want to keep chapters together.

Just a thought..

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Vitae said:
c) MAKE ME A SAMMICH!!!
Sandwiches, and their lesser kin, sammiches, are a clear violation fo the terms of service. Anybody caught or found posting sammiches, or even a slice of bread, will be banned on the spot and reported to the proper authorities.

Please think before you post, Vitae.

TehSean

weasyl.com/profile/naoki
Dragoneer and anyone who has used OpenCanvas 1.1 should understand this request.

1) Give OpenCanvas its own category (alongside, traditional and digitalart, etc)

2)Allow OpenCanvas category to open up the option to post EVENT FILES (.wpe I believe) as attachments along with the actual image.

Those replay files, so that people with opencanvas may have the option to download them and then watch them in Opencanvas... Um... That's it..

Foxlink

Enjoying a new Mac Pro!!
Bokracroc said:
Huh?
.txt, .rtf and .doc files all work on Mac. What other file format do stories use here?

.doc's won't open on mine... I don't have iLife or iOffice... sux...I've tried Open Office, but it won't work there either..

=-_o=
-Fox

Hex

Preyfar said:
Vitae said:
c) MAKE ME A SAMMICH!!!
Sandwiches, and their lesser kin, sammiches, are a clear violation fo the terms of service. Anybody caught or found posting sammiches, or even a slice of bread, will be banned on the spot and reported to the proper authorities.

Please think before you post, Vitae.

Oh shi-

MY SAMMICHES WILL BE OPPRESSED NO MORE

VIVA LE LUNCH.

TehSean said:
Dragoneer and anyone who has used OpenCanvas 1.1 should understand this request.

1) Give OpenCanvas its own category (alongside, traditional and digitalart, etc)

2)Allow OpenCanvas category to open up the option to post EVENT FILES (.wpe I believe) as attachments along with the actual image.

Those replay files, so that people with opencanvas may have the option to download them and then watch them in Opencanvas... Um... That's it..

I second this motion. Not just because he told me to in a journal but also because I'd love to see the artistic process of some of my favourite pictures. :D

FoxyTrinity

TehSean said:

Here. I joined the forum just to second this request. :p

As a person who can barely draw and would like to OC, replay files could certainly help the artistically inclined but drawing-tonedeaf to learn how to pose and illustrate better with the unfolding process in OC replays.

Give us arts!

S.G.

Tinintri said:
I don't know if this has been said or not so I'll suggest it anyway.

I'd really like to be able to create little sub-galleries and put what I would like in them manually, kind of like albums of sorts. I've seen this done on pregfur and I thought it was quite nifty.

For example:

One would do art of a hyena character named Jack and a coyote named Lily. I could have one album as Jack, one as Lily, one as Couple.

There would still be the optional view of just "Gallery" where viewers could view in order of time but I just think this would be too nice to have and would definitely organize my gallery. If nothing else, you could just order it by year and all. This would be very handy for writers, too, who want to keep chapters together.

Just a thought..

I agree 100%. I think this is an exceptional idea. I'd love to organize my art by filenames or by simply being able to put them in their own subfolders, because sometimes I'm working on several projects at once, and if I post them as I finish them, they'll end up jumbled and out of order...

Growly

AllenR said:
You know if we run out of idea's we could always just steal other sites ideas. Like a friends list, desktop screen shot on our FA page, an option to edit what sort of notifications we actually want sent to us, and maybe the ability to hide a section on our page that we won't use or want up.

Ugh, I hope there is no section for 'desktop screenshot'. Nobody cares about that shit, and it's a waste of space.

Growly

Foxlink said:
Bokracroc said:
Huh?

.doc's won't open on mine... I don't have iLife or iOffice... sux...I've tried Open Office, but it won't work there either..

=-_o=
-Fox

Suck it up and buy MS Office suite for the Mac. It's really a standard text program, it is something all computer owners should buy.

buni

Novelist
Growly said:
Suck it up and buy MS Office suite for the Mac. It's really a standard text program, it is something all computer owners should buy.

Two points of contention:
1) As a Linux user without meaningful access to a Windows system (the laptop my office gave me doesn't count as I can't put anything personal on it without breaking TOS), simply saying "everyone should just buy MS Office" won't solve the problem. They don't even make MSOffice for Linux, and setting up WineX just to run Word seems a little excessive, especially given that WineX--at least at least test--required an available Windows installation in order to operate, which I can't provide because I don't have one on my laptop. Now, for the most part, I'm lucky; OpenOffice.org works fine for me to handle the typical .doc. However, that still doesn't mean that .doc files are universally readable. If I had to offer that title to any file type, I'd suggest .txt, but I suspect that .pdf actually has the better claim for it, since Adobe for all I may loathe their business practices in general has gone out of their way to support every OS they could. Perhaps .rtf would work better as an example; does anyone in the Mac universe have any knowledge of Rich-Text readers and how available they are?

2) Word is not a "standard text program." Word is a desktop publishing program. Notepad is a standard text program. Textpad and Wordpad straddle the line, but it's been so long since I've used either that I don't remember if they save in .txt and just provide nice usability functions or if they save in some embedded-markup format.

Kristy

forceswerwolf

my try to make a style for FA:

( alt. link: http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1715/aaaaaunbenannt1xxxgj1.jpg )

the idea is lil bit dark white red and (the important thing: to make more style in it, i mean with developing of the colors... [i dont know how the word for this is o.o' ] )
what do you think?

edit: i uploadet it: ( i hope for some comments from my watchers) http://www.furaffinity.net/view/490226/

Mottenfest

[size=small]My interests would be these;
I'd like to see comments instead of having to click them one at a time or having to go to the submission it's on. It might prove to be a real time saver.
I'm partially colorblind and the dark/light scheme FA had for a bit really maimed me.. So choiced of 'themes' would rock. =0.0=
Perhaps a nice layed back greyscale theme would be cool?
Lastly a button to let me mass delete notes. 'nuff said? :b

[/size]

I like where FA is going, you guys rock, keep up the rockin site! <3

(sorry had to make it short n sweet, but wanted to chime in with something that might help!)

TheMan

TehSean said:

I also would like to see this function implemented.

Rhainor

Rawr.
yak said:
Sukebepanda, Arrow: *smiles* do you have any CSS editing skills? I'm going to be pretty busy with other stuff, and will probably not have time for custom styles, unless they're delivered on a plate. :oops:

{raises hand} I know you didn't ask me, but I *did* take a class that covered CSS. It's been 3 years since, but I've still got most of it. I'll help if I can.

Growly

buni said:
Growly said:

Two points of contention:
1) As a Linux user without meaningful access to a Windows system (the laptop my office gave me doesn't count as I can't put anything personal on it without breaking TOS), simply saying "everyone should just buy MS Office" won't solve the problem. They don't even make MSOffice for Linux, and setting up WineX just to run Word seems a little excessive, especially given that WineX--at least at least test--required an available Windows installation in order to operate, which I can't provide because I don't have one on my laptop. Now, for the most part, I'm lucky; OpenOffice.org works fine for me to handle the typical .doc. However, that still doesn't mean that .doc files are universally readable. If I had to offer that title to any file type, I'd suggest .txt, but I suspect that .pdf actually has the better claim for it, since Adobe for all I may loathe their business practices in general has gone out of their way to support every OS they could. Perhaps .rtf would work better as an example; does anyone in the Mac universe have any knowledge of Rich-Text readers and how available they are?

2) Word is not a "standard text program." Word is a desktop publishing program. Notepad is a standard text program. Textpad and Wordpad straddle the line, but it's been so long since I've used either that I don't remember if they save in .txt and just provide nice usability functions or if they save in some embedded-markup format.

Kristy

I didn't mean .doc files are universal, I meant more like they are so commonplace that you are at a serious disadvantage by not having it.
I will profess that I know the most about Macs, a little about PCs, and nothing about Linux.

I'm also not sure what you're asking about the RTF files. I use them (as well as txt and doc) and I'm on a Mac.

KristynLioness

aka Koudoawaia
If the filters could be fixed that'd be great so I could actually block out the specific fetishes I'd rather go without seeing.

silver_raccoon

Well, first off, I cannot say this enough, Fix the species tag or replace it with a search. To put it this way, you're mascot is a ferrox. yet you cannot go over to the species tab to browse for ferrox art now can you? the tabs by species needs to be replaced with something a little more useful because if you tried to make a drop down with all of the various hybrids out there, well, it would be six miles longer then anything i would want to fight through to post a meerkat. unless the posters could define what appears on the drop down (how many ways can you misspell dragon? Dwagon? Draggie? Staircase fodder?) i would say ditch the species drop down and have a search for species, that way if someone spells their species stupidly they are only hurting themselves because their work is not being seen. now the fetishes can be more easily defined, that tag seems allright but the herm fan a little while back was right, i need a herm tag so i can avoid it. Also, i REALLY HATE having to login twice for the forum, what the crap? and the little thing that calls you a pup when you are a new poster is mildly insulting.

sorry to blast that one, im sure that you have been flooded with requests made with quite a razors cutting edge. it is something i am passionate about, i love FA. otherwise i wouldnt have posted.