1) Would be nice to be able to use the new tags system as a "Filter ON" and "Filter OUT" system.Â Â
For instance, in "Filter ON", only the selected tags would show up in a search result. The "Filter OUT" would exclude the selected tags from the search results.Â Â
These features should be combinable with other search criteria, to create complex search such as; "All Fox species uploaded in the last 30 days, Filtering OUT all "Snuff, Scat, Watersports" tags."
2) Link to +Watch users for a viewed submission. So a person looking at an entry they like can link to other users who also liked and +Watched that item. Great way to build networks of folks with similar interests.
3) User-Creatable "interest groups": A user could select a topic and chose to make it "Closed (private - users added only by group originator), Open (All may 'subscribe'), Screened (Filtered - Users submit request to join and originator 'authenticates' or not)". A seperate journal area for the group would be nice, as would seperate messaging services, accessable to all in the group but with optional 'moderation' by the originator. New submissions compiled for those of the group should be an option as well (a "new stuff" page similar to the users' +Watched version, but filtered to only the submissions of those in the group and not dependent on +watches for everyone in the group).
4) "Site Level" interest groups created by the mods/admins in addition to the "User Created" versions would be good too. Would be a nice place to consolidate things like all the artists that have submitted banner art for FA, or perhaps folks contributing "sales art" for FA T-shirts, cups, caps, etc, or for artists who have submitted items, art, stories, etc., for the FA con book...Â Â all those kinds of things.
<Edited to add a couple more "goodies">
5) For writers, abillity to create "books" that can have additional chapters appended as writing continues.
6) Folders to segregate submissions as a user desires. Folders should be selectable in both the user's gallery, and in their "favorites" area, allowing a user to place all submissions for a particular year in a single gallery folder, their story favorites in a "favorites" one, and all their submissions by a single favored artist in another "favorites" one, etc. If coding permits, sub-folders under a primary folder would be nice too (IE: "Foxes" primary with sub-folders for "Vixens", "Tails", "<fox-drawing artist>") for both Gallery and Favorites folders.
7) "Prior" and "Next" selections to allow scrolling through a gallery, folder, or favorites list instead of having to leap back to the user's Gallery or Favorites page between each click. (should also reduce bandwidth on the site by not requiring a refresh of the gallery or favorites page between each selection). In addition, if folders are implemented, an "UP" feature to browse to the next higher level would be good, especially for nested folders.