• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA running slow?

AllenR

I'm not sure if it's just me, but FA's been running very slowly lately. A friend of mine said it was running fine when I asked so I'm not sure if it's a problem on my part or what.

Summercat

Former Motterator
AllenR said:
I'm not sure if it's just me, but FA's been running very slowly lately. A friend of mine said it was running fine when I asked so I'm not sure if it's a problem on my part or what.

I'm also having some issues, but it appears to be 'normal' for this time of day.

It's been hellishly slow for me for the last weekish. :| Like.. sometimes it'll take 20 seconds to load, other times it'll take 100+ seconds... I have cable :|

It's been super-sludge slow since yesterday, maybe more. This isn't just 'peak time' either, it's just *all* the time slowness.

Summercat

Former Motterator
Well, part of the reason might be the increased traffic...

The other part may be increased traffic.

The third may be increased traffic.

^_^:

Summercat said:

^_^:

Increased traffic..from drama? =o At least I believe it's started getting *really* bad since ugh, you know what started.

Summercat

Former Motterator
Sukebepanda said:
Summercat said:

^_^:

Increased traffic..from drama? =o At least I believe it's started getting *really* bad since ugh, you know what started.

That's what I think. People from outside FA were being brought in, and now they're sticking around.

Hellfire, if FA comes out of teh drama with MORE people, I'd be only a little surprised.

But enough about that. More about me. Worship me.

Rhainor

Rawr.
Yeah, it's the extra traffic created by the drama-storm. In addition to people checking the site for news more often, many people are posting many journal entries about their opinions on the result; and most of the ones that are leaving because of it are posting journals about said exodus. Excessive journal posts produce a massive strain on the database.

This same site slowdown complaint has been brought up numerous times already. Move along, please.

Summercat

Former Motterator
Rhainor said:
Yeah, it's the extra traffic created by the drama-storm. In addition to people checking the site for news more often, many people are posting many journal entries about their opinions on the result; and most of the ones that are leaving because of it are posting journals about said exodus. Excessive journal posts produce a massive strain on the database.

This same site slowdown complaint has been brought up numerous times already. Move along, please.

I am moving. While sitting.

People removing artwork from their galleries.

People downloading all their favs before the artists remove them from their galleries.

StormKitty said:
People removing artwork from their galleries.

People downloading all their favs before the artists remove them from their galleries.

People posting fake 'I'm leaving!" journals.

People posting complaints about fake 'I'm leaving!" journals.

People posting complaints about People posting complaints about fake 'i'm leaving!" journals.

Though the above this is partly serious actually, i doubt thats the only thing what is going on (including what i quoted in part). The truth is that with a site that is right now outdoing VCL regarding traffic we need to get things more up to speed again with upgrades/system optimization. Preferably both.

All in all we are on it.

Well... I'm not uploading anything until the site starts moving quicker -_-; Taking near 30 minutes to upload a picture sucks. I'll be patient and wait.

Kanga274

This is just a suggestion, But how about Deleting, all Old threads that are at least a month old. Then Deleting all locked Threads and deleting all that Drama that happened with that One thread. (you know what I am talking about. Or at least 95% of you know what I am talking about) That might help, Then how about Deleting all users that were just made and havent been used at all and/or have been inactive for 6 months. Just a couple suggestions to maybe increase the speed of FA. *ducks and hides* Dont Hurt me.

Honeymane

Kanga274 said:
This is just a suggestion, But how about Deleting, all Old threads that are at least a month old. Then Deleting all locked Threads and deleting all that Drama that happened with that One thread. (you know what I am talking about. Or at least 95% of you know what I am talking about) That might help, Then how about Deleting all users that were just made and havent been used at all and/or have been inactive for 6 months. Just a couple suggestions to maybe increase the speed of FA. *ducks and hides* Dont Hurt me.
The forum is not (connected?) to FA.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
People refreshing their message centers to see if anyone cares that they're leaving ;)

Kanga274

Then how about Deleting all users that were just made and havent been used at all and/or have been inactive for 6 months.

N3X15

Kanga274 said:
Another Suggestion, Asking people, To delete all Old Journals

Another suggestion, Asking you, to stop speaking, like WILLIAM SHATNER! D:

Much of the problem is that the site's database is poorly designed and stuff. It shall change soon enough.

yak

Site Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Honeymane: yes, forums are not in any way connected. they even reside on a separate server.

AllenR said:

Same here. In fact, I came here specifically to start a thread asking about this, and found there was already one in progress. (I haven't read any of the comments yet.. I'm writing this first, then I'll read what everyone said)

Just to get to my user page, it takes about 3 to 4 minutes of "connecting to www.furaffinity.net" before anything even shows up. Every time I click a link, the same thing happens. Trying to see people's journals or art, and comment on it, is MADDENING, because it takes a good 15 minutes just to see and comment on 1 or 2 journals due to the horrible lag. And it's like this almost all day and night, except for around 3:00 am mountain time, then it speeds up to 'normal' for a few hours.

If anything makes me want to "not use FA", it would be lag like this, because it just eats up too much of my time, and makes FA very user-unfriendly. :(

I was wondering if anyone had the same problem with lag, but I see they do.
I hope it's something that can be 'fixed'!!

(The FA forums here, BTW, move and connect fast for me. it's just the main FA art site)