• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA - Site Quirks

J

jayhusky

That would be useful to know that.

Also i've never really understood this but what does the Journal counter on the profile actually do?

blackmuzzle

yes. i seem to be unable to log-in or reset my password as well. guess if there's nothing i can do about it i will just sit here and be patient :)

at any rate, it's good to see FA back

shadistiger

Not sure if this should be listed under 'site quirks' or not, but it would seem to be a quirk. My account seems to have been reset to shortly after I joined the site. All my Favs, watches, PMs, shouts, submission(not that there where many) are all gone. I'm not really overly concerned about it, but I figured I would mention it, as I might not be the only one something like this happened to.

Thanks! Glad to have you guys back!!!

FoxWolfie

Pee-Stinky Raccoon
I found what appears to be a problem. I was notified by a couple friends that they had to create new FA accounts because they clicked on the red "Nuke All..." buttons for the journals. comments, submissions/etc. They assumed it would just purge the current items and have no permanent effect. Upon doing it, they could no longer see any new items.

Well, I, not believing there was no way to back out of such an action decided to test this one. I clicked on the red "Nuke All Journals" button in my message center area. I was given a warning that it would delete my journals, which sounded reasonable. I'd already read them, just to be sure. So, I said ok. The header for the journals section disappeared, along with the links to the journals I've read. After some testing, I realized that it did indeed stop new journal notifications entirely..

No for the undo.... I searched through all the management, account, support and message center pages, and can see no way to reverse this one. Instead of finding the solution and help a few other users out of the problem, I find that I'm stuck as well. How do I turn my journal notifications back on. How do my friends turn their comments and submissions back on. Some already made new accounts. I figured I'd at least ask here and get it resolved properly before taking that step.

In the mean time, someone might want to dump the nuke buttons until the UI for undoing them is in place somewhere.

Thanks for any help on this.

snala

On my messages, when I click the link to go see the new image I just get
"System Message
You are not allowed to view this image. "

and, suddenly all of the images that wouldn't come up before in my watch list have all finally appeared. All the way back from Feb.

Edit:

Maybe it is related to the "View Mature Artwork setting" located at http://www.furaffinity.net/controls/settings/
which for some reason is permanently set to No. It is FA after-all, why would I not want to view mature works! XD

Last edited:

Petrock

Science Nut
I've noticed that as far as the broken fave and comment counters go, they seem to be intact for the older submissions (ie stuff submitted prior to the crash), though I'm not sure if they stay intact after a fave or not.

Petrock

Science Nut
I found what appears to be a problem. I was notified by a couple friends that they had to create new FA accounts because they clicked on the red "Nuke All..." buttons for the journals. comments, submissions/etc. They assumed it would just purge the current items and have no permanent effect. Upon doing it, they could no longer see any new items.

Well, I, not believing there was no way to back out of such an action decided to test this one. I clicked on the red "Nuke All Journals" button in my message center area. I was given a warning that it would delete my journals, which sounded reasonable. I'd already read them, just to be sure. So, I said ok. The header for the journals section disappeared, along with the links to the journals I've read. After some testing, I realized that it did indeed stop new journal notifications entirely..

No for the undo.... I searched through all the management, account, support and message center pages, and can see no way to reverse this one. Instead of finding the solution and help a few other users out of the problem, I find that I'm stuck as well. How do I turn my journal notifications back on. How do my friends turn their comments and submissions back on. Some already made new accounts. I figured I'd at least ask here and get it resolved properly before taking that step.

In the mean time, someone might want to dump the nuke buttons until the UI for undoing them is in place somewhere.

Thanks for any help on this.

I was wondering what those were for, because the standard 'select all, remove all selected' stuff is still there. It may be one of the toggle-options people suggested in the threads about suggestions, and the script for re-enabling them simply isn't working yet.

Petrock

Science Nut
I dunno if this is a new quirk, but 'apple' is listed as a mammal in the submission categories for species.

FoxWolfie

Pee-Stinky Raccoon
Petrock wrote:
>I was wondering what those were for, because the standard 'select all, >remove all selected' stuff is still there. It may be one of the >toggle-options people suggested in the threads about suggestions, and >the script for re-enabling them simply isn't working yet.

Whatever happened, it is now three hours after I noticed the problem, and all started the work again. Suddenly several journal that were sent out showed up, as if they wear being held one to two hours. All seems to be acting as expected. I even took the risk of using the red nuke button again and got a new journal notification shortly after. I guess I'll consider this report closed, since I can no longer reproduce it myself.
Thanks.

AndyFox

Some things:

1) Previously (before the crash) when I posted a comment on a submission/journal I use to be able to hit "back" and go to the previous page (before the submission/journal). Now when I hit "back" I go to the submission/journal before I made my comment and have to hit "back" a second time to get back to the journal/submission list.

2) When I clicked the blue 'Delete selected submissions" the counter at the top of the page still read "36s" even though the page re-loaded as blank. I had to hit "Reload", and then the counter went away.

3) Just an aside, but I notice none of the pages seem to fit an 800x600 screen anymore--they are all slightly wider now. Being visually impaired I use that resolution instead of 1024x768.

wildrider

Wants More Wenches and Mead
Everything seems to be working fine, except that "Global Select" under favorites, journals, etc, doesn't work. I can select all in each section and then "Globally Remove", but would be nice, to just have to click one thing to delete it all.

gravija

Ungulate Extraordinair
yeah, i also noticed if you select a ALOT of submissions and try to remove them, it will refuse to do so, just sits there, but if i select a few and tell it to remove the submission . . . it will work normally. so the tweaking continues n.n glad things are running smoothly tho. Cheers to the admins n.n *edited* doesnt seem to be a constant occurance, just seems to happen off and on. o_O *shrugs*

Last edited:

gravija

Ungulate Extraordinair
i just figured something out, the post i posted earlier about submissions not being removed when you click the remove checked button . . . . if you dont have the topmost left submission marked it will not delete anything. . . . . i didnt check to see if it mattered when you had the submissions listed as newer or older first . . . but all i know is if that topmost left submission is not checked when you go to remove the currently checked one it will not remove them

Raaben

The JavaScript which toggles between fuzzy dates and exact dates doesn't work in Firefox 3.0.1 (Win XP Pro SP2).

Just want to point out that it's broken in Opera as well, dunno about IE or Safari since I can't use them on this machine. Other than that, all the problems I've seen are already listed.

Edit: Ok, it won't work in IE either, so it doesn't appear to be browser specific. Clearing cache/cookies didn't help.

Last edited:

Keita Haruka

Beta Wolf
Not sure if this is a site problem or not, bit I'll mention it anyway just in case others have it as well.

My page flatly refuses to add new Watches to my Watchlist. I press the "watch" link, and the page reloads, but the person I'm trying to watch doesn't show up on my Watch list.

I've found a way around this but it is annoying to use: If I log out of my account, and return to the page of the person i'm trying to watch, and then click on the add link, it asks me to log in, and then immediately it redirects to the add page, after which the person is added.

I'm not really sure what that is about. others seem to have no problems watching my page. I only have problems watching theirs. :p

Undying Song

My Little Gentleman
Favorites do not seem to be showing up on submissions.

My apologies, I unfortunately do not have time to look at the other replies. The person above me might have already mentioned it, even. >_>

Also, I just now got this message when I tried to submit my reply: This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 29 seconds.

As far as I am aware, this is my first post today.. (unless this ends up being a double post, somehow)