• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA - Site Quirks

SammyFox

favourites and comments resetted to 0 on submissions submitted after the site came back online.

only, it stays at 0 no matter what.

blade

D-List Artist
Amusing little quirk:

Had on my journal before the crash, :iconvkyrie: with a little bit of comment after. Looked at it this morning and it had shown :iconvalkyrie: instead, someone that I don't know, though have since started to watch X3

I fixed it easy with the journal editor, but it was amusing to see that it had added a couple of letters to a name X3

I do like the new message center, and love how you can choose oldest first. I prefer that since a few that I watch often do image series and I'd rather see the oldest first rather than having to hunt through submissions to find out whether or not there is a prior one.

Last edited:
also I noticed a big bug too! it upset me, when I got to view a submission it says
System Message You are not allowed to view this image.
whys that? im a member and 18? dont get it

Moonfire

I'm having the same problem with Fuzzy dates. I've deleted the cookie for fuzzy dates and seen it recreated, it just seems the site is ignoring it and giving me the fuzzy dates even though I'm set to get real ones.

Rhainor

Rawr.
I'm having the same problem with Fuzzy dates. I've deleted the cookie for fuzzy dates and seen it recreated, it just seems the site is ignoring it and giving me the fuzzy dates even though I'm set to get real ones.
Yes, the date-format function is broken. It's a known issue, and will be addressed.

Firehazard

I can fix it!
also I noticed a big bug too! it upset me, when I got to view a submission it says
System Message You are not allowed to view this image.
whys that? im a member and 18? dont get it
Are you new? You need to have Mature/Adult art viewing officially turned on via the Control Panel.

Also, counters for submissions, comments, and favorites could theoretically be recoded to rely on a SELECT COUNT SQL statement instead of being incrementing INT counters, fixing the problem retroactively and permanently. I recommend this be made a priority because it has been broken for as long as I can remember.

Danza

Ok but not only does it not record faves and comments added, but it does notice faves detracted, I now have a fave less than I did a month ago, because a user just faved something of mine and then detracted that fave.

So whats wrong if its not recording the faves but its recording them being taken ! O_O

MewMew

Is the new submissions page supposed to look so strange? Is there any way we can have the old look? I'm really confused by the page right now, as I just want to look as see what is new. I couldn't care less when the stuff was released.

G

Greenbunny45

I just registered an account and I can't log in...

I tried it with both Firefox 3 and Internet Explorer. (both browsers have cookies enabled)

I go to the login screen, enter my username and password, click the submit button, and it brings me back to the homepage still logged on as Guest...

Thanks though for all the hard work you put into getting the site back online :D

Stephywolf

Is there a new upload limit or anything?
I've tried uploading 3 different files now and after I choose the file type I end up directed to.... Nothing really.
I got one piece uploaded, after that nothing though.

Edit:
I think I figured it out. Seems that the file wasn't an accepted file type before.
Possibly missing a "file type not accepted" sort of page?

Last edited:

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
Perhaps some insight into the known "counters are off" issue: The screencap at http://www.furaffinity.net/full/1433835/ shows the number of favorites as two less than 2^32, or -2 if the number was signed. (All the other "counters are off" anomalies I saw showed 2^32 - 1.) Could a sign be flipped somewhere, so that favorites are subtracted from, instead of added to, an unsigned int? Don't pay me any mind if I'm way off or not making sense. Edit: I'm way off and this makes little sense.

Last edited:

Ty Vulpine

Just pages are slow at loading (don't know if that's because of hundreds/thousands of people trying to upload at the same time or what, but every page takes a long time to load.)

Delian

Hmm, I hate to say this.. but the site is acting very slow.

Now, the "Page generated" information at the bottom of each page does say around 10ms. So it can't be the processor or database slowness. But the fact is, a page can take 10 or more seconds to actually start loading.
So, is it the local network that's overloaded? That doesn't seem to be the case, because as I ping the site, the ping remains pretty much constant (and 125ms for overseas is pretty much the minimum to be expected).
It doesn't seem to be much of a problem with network interface either, because connections to files alone are fast and are easily established.
So, the only thing that remains is.. well, cgi. I think. But then the "Page generated" information is missing some benchmark data.

Last edited:
G

Greenbunny45

Still can't log in... this is getting frustrating T_T

dmfalk

I dunno if this is a new quirk, but 'apple' is listed as a mammal in the submission categories for species.

It always has been. It was someone's joke that got old. However, there ARE submissions that use the tag... @.@

d.m.f.

wildrider

Wants More Wenches and Mead
The Global Select is now working which is good. No other problems other than the site running like it's being liquid cooled with molasses. Not that I'm surprised with it being the first day back up. Seeing that it is still standing is a bonus in itself lol

G

Greenbunny45

Patience... yes patience... -_-

I was fine until now... but now the site is RIGHT THERE and I still can't even use it yet >.<

Marthaen

Okay here's a wierd one. Opera browser. In order to clear the checked selections on New Submissions you have to have the first one checked in order for the Remove Checked button to actually work. If you have other submissions checked in the new submissions but not the first submission the button will not work at all.

TehSean

weasyl.com/profile/naoki
Site Inconsistency

I can't do anything without refreshing a page 3-5 times in a row. Is anyone else having this problem? Also, the site doesn't deliver all the thumbnails without refreshing at least once. This happens quite often on pages displaying over two thumbnails. They display as text. It's really realllllly... problematic.

Cloudchaser

Two I've noticed is that after clickin' a link or button, it consistently takes 30+ seconds to respond and the ddos protection thingy that causes people to get a 503 if they open too many tabs at once seems to be awfully sensitive