• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA - Site Quirks

ohtar

Overworked & Underpaid
Not sure if this was mentioned yet but I can't upload -anything-. Clicking the browse button to pick what file I want results in a fat load of nothing happening. No window for file submission opens, no page changes, no nothing. I refreshed my cache and even tried a different account but it still won't work.

ohtar

Overworked & Underpaid
Not sure if this was mentioned yet but I can't upload -anything-. Clicking the browse button to pick what file I want results in a fat load of nothing happening. No window for file submission opens, no page changes, no nothing. I refreshed my cache and even tried a different account but it still won't work.

never mind. turns out the issue was on my end and is fixed.

nereza

Eternal Flames
I don't know if any one else has this problem or not but the new update to the site (with the in larded images thumbnails) is taking a heck of a lot longer to load on my computer.. normally the thumb nails shows up within a few seconds with the old layout.. but the new layout the images are taken several minutes to load each individual picture ... not exaggerating ether it took 4 minutes for it to even start loading any of the images and longer still to finish loading everything on the page.. let alone looking at pages of art ... sometimes not showing up at all
(I don't know if that's because my crappy old computer or the site it self but i never had to much of a problem with fa)

I understand why the sites trying to do bigger thumbnails .. nothing wrong with it, but just personally I'm not found of it. (it could have something to do with impatient loading time)

J

jayhusky

The loading time is due to the thumbnail server having to recache each and every individual thumbnail for all of the 7+ million submissions that are live on the site.

It will take time for them all to be cached but once done the site will return to proper operating speed.

free-node-5

this may not be the right place to post this but...
Using chrome and reloading for the new header style, the ads and banner are positioned at the same vertical level, a.k.a. the right side of the banner is covering up part of one of the ads. This isn't hurting functionality but if I was paying for an ad, I'd be rather upset. ;-)

Edit:
Oh, it's because I have my zoomy stuff so high. If I ctrl- a few times it moves over.
But then I can't read the text...
As long as the positions are relative, they should be able to fix this just by setting an absolute width to the element containing the ads and to the one containing the banner. (the latter being the likely cause of the problem) This will make the ads pop down below the banner in the event that anyone needs it.
Most people won't even experience what I'm seeing but it's the kind of courtesy when coding that makes a difference. I always try to think about these things since they usually are the things that kick me in the face the most. DX

Last edited:

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
this may not be the right place to post this but...
Using chrome and reloading for the new header style, the ads and banner are positioned at the same vertical level, a.k.a. the right side of the banner is covering up part of one of the ads. This isn't hurting functionality but if I was paying for an ad, I'd be rather upset. ;-)

Edit:
Oh, it's because I have my zoomy stuff so high. If I ctrl- a few times it moves over.
But then I can't read the text...
As long as the positions are relative, they should be able to fix this just by setting an absolute width to the element containing the ads and to the one containing the banner. (the latter being the likely cause of the problem) This will make the ads pop down below the banner in the event that anyone needs it.
Most people won't even experience what I'm seeing but it's the kind of courtesy when coding that makes a difference. I always try to think about these things since they usually are the things that kick me in the face the most. DX
Do a CTRL-F5. Should be fixed now.

GingerM

Appaloosa Horsegirl
Everything is giving me an "Error 500: Internal server error" message, including the link to report a problem...

ETA: Okay, not everything. I did some systematic testing, results as follows:

Browse - appears to work correctly
Search - appears to work correctly
Submit - appears to work correctly; tested only with a text submission
Community - all links appear to work correctly
Support - Report a Problem link ---> "Error 500: Internal server error"; but when I went back a few minutes later, this menu option was no longer there. All other Support menu items appear to work correctly. That's the left-hand side.

Right-hand side:
My FA - all menu and sub menu items ---> "Error 500: Internal server error"
All message links - nn messages ( nn C, nn J, nn F) ---> "Error 500: Internal server error"

All as of 4:51 PM PDT

Last edited:

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
I'm seeing the same issue, banner overlapping ads. It's happening in Firefox, IE and Chrome. I've tried Ctrl-f5, and clearing the browser caches.
What browser are you running, and what resolution is your monitor set to?

free-node-5

What browser are you running, and what resolution is your monitor set to?
hit ctrl-plus a few times and you should see the same thing. It will happen to anyone who either has a low resolution or has their zoom set high for FA (like I do for reading the fonts).

Dasaki

The pea**** peep
Having an issue with thumbnails, it only shows the picture and a checkbox, there's nothing to click for information previews, no uploader name and no picture title.

This problem seems to be limited to me from those I've asked, but it's not limited to my account as, after logging out, the issue persisted as a guest from my system.

I'm currently running firefox 16.0.2.

thoron

Having an issue with thumbnails, it only shows the picture and a checkbox, there's nothing to click for information previews, no uploader name and no picture title.

This problem seems to be limited to me from those I've asked, but it's not limited to my account as, after logging out, the issue persisted as a guest from my system.

I'm currently running firefox 16.0.2.

Go to the browsing page and click the "Toggle Descriptions" buttion, this will make the description and artist link show up in the submissions inbox as well.

Dasaki

The pea**** peep
Go to the browsing page and click the "Toggle Descriptions" buttion, this will make the description and artist link show up in the submissions inbox as well.

Thanks and... odd. I like never use the browse page at all, no idea how that could have been toggled.

...oh there's on in the submission inbox too.. Talk about an ID10-T error :x

Last edited:

krisCrash

A while ago I noticed the line spacing getting big in drop down menus, like so
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30439462/report/chromesubmit.png
it looks silly... but a more real problem, on this resolution it's actually possible to make it so I can't see the topmost items of the menu (submission category dropdown does this).

Buttt I happened to check it in firefox and it looks fine
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30439462/report/firefoxsubmit.png

I thought it was a quirk, so I wrote this post... And then I did some further poking around and found out it's all Chrome's fault for making PC users have tablet pc friendly menus (because clearly the same browser UI is the best on both platforms)
But can FA employ some CSS shenanigans to shrink the menus back up?

brody319

I have the website reporting I have 2 Journals from people I am following, However when I go to the journal page they dont show up. Thus I can not remove them.