• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA United 6 - when to buy rooms?

AviFox

Registration for FA United 6 is open :)

I'm looking into getting a room at the Marriott where the convention is held. When do the rooms start filling up? The con is 180 days away.... I really don't want to get shut out though. Would it be reasonable to assume there will still be rooms available in 3 weeks?

Flippy

Party Cat
Registration for FA United 6 is open :)

I'm looking into getting a room at the Marriott where the convention is held. When do the rooms start filling up? The con is 180 days away.... I really don't want to get shut out though. Would it be reasonable to assume there will still be rooms available in 3 weeks?
It says your location is NJ. Do you really need a room? I just drove there last year & went home late Saturday night because it was a short drive home. Just something to consider.

AviFox

Hmm... google maps says it's a 1hr10min drive. That's a bit longer than I'd like, but it may be worth it. Idk. How late do events typically run (and how early do they start) at this con? I've never been

Flippy

Party Cat
Hmm... google maps says it's a 1hr10min drive. That's a bit longer than I'd like, but it may be worth it. Idk. How late do events typically run (and how early do they start) at this con? I've never been
Yeah, it's like a 59 minute drive for me. I left at 1 or 2am & the roads were empty so it was a straight shot home. At night is was mostly just people hanging out in the halls & the den. The dance was ok.