• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FA users and Skype

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
When will furries get the idea of social awkwardness being exclusive to the fandom out of their heads? Have you ever been to a furcon? I can guarantee that most people on the internet are this way (well, minus the freakish roleplaying), even more so if it's someone you hardly know and decided to add to Skype. If you're adding people left and right, you're bound to get a few ghosts.

Personally, I don't pay much attention to people who don't converse because I'm not one to initiate a conversation myself. That doesn't mean I can't hold a conversation, nor does it mean I have bad social skills. I just have better things to do than talk to lowly peasants.

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
Lowly peasants? Everyone is worth talking. People who can't see the worth in anyone is just terrible... Just terrible

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
Well you have a screwed perspective of friends.
I don't care if they don't help with with finances, I'm self sufficient.

I had a nice chat with Crowdia while he was working on my art request and we were brainstorming about it together.
First time I've ever skyped with a furry and it was just messages, but I like a random chat with people every now and then :)

A

Amiir

Hearing these stories from y'all is making me interested in using Skype. You know, it might help me to make some friends at least online for fuck's sake

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
just so the first post and yea i had to deal with someone who only talked or wanted to rp. Honestly the worst part was how he would call me a cheetah. though i do like rping i do like to actually talk to poeple normally along with rping with them.

pheonixbat

The Battiest Bird
I haven't really talked to any furries on Skype straight out of FA, I usually meet people through friends. But I do get the occasional creepy notes, those are always fun.

But Skyping one on one with a new person sure gets me nervous. I try to hold up a conversation but sometimes I'd poof out of it and I feel bad about that.

A

aeroxwolf

I haven't really talked to any furries on Skype straight out of FA, I usually meet people through friends. But I do get the occasional creepy notes, those are always fun.

But Skyping one on one with a new person sure gets me nervous. I try to hold up a conversation but sometimes I'd poof out of it and I feel bad about that.

Don't feel bad. There are some people you just "click" with and there are some people you just don't. Btw, what do you mean by creepy notes?

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I used to use Skype almost all the time, partly because I was in a long distance relationship but I also had a few rl friends as well as friends on Tumblr that I would talk to on occasion. But then college happened and I wound up breaking up with my girlfriend shortly after the end of my freshman year and so I haven't found much reason to use Skype since then. Honestly I don't ever have the time anymore to just chat :/

Though I may start using it again soon while I'm in Europe.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
I don't think I have anyone from this chat currently on my skype. I used to have about 180 contacts then I changed names after a hack and decided it was a good time to purge. I currently have 71 contacts, and a few that I've requested that never added me back v.v

Conversation is best, but people don't hold those super often. I'm only in one group right now too.

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
I have bad social skills and I can't chat x3

But I got to know a few noteworthy folks here and the group chats certainly help the most since it's not on me to provide the chat content and I'm not in the spotlight or anything. I can say things as I please as multiple people provide subjects. Easy.

;w; I'm forever grateful for people who came to me and talked to me I need to remember to do that from time to time. Although nowadays I can't even keep touch with the ones I do know, much less make new acquaintances and friends. Sigh.

Astrium

King of the Noodles
Pretty much all of my Skype contacts are either current or past gaming buddies. A lot of the games I play are the "using in-game chat will get your ass killed" type, so having a chat that other players can't listen in on is pretty crucial. I do have a few people I know IRL on Skype, but I usually have much better ways of contacting them.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
I have handful of people from here n fa that I skype with. Also part of a few group chats. I enjoy talking to ya'll but I have to agree. Chatting with furries at times is like pulling teeth. Open questions or no. There are some people that are just way too socially awkward to hold a real conversation with.

FrostHusky81

The Mercenary
There are some people that are just way too socially awkward to hold a real conversation with.

This isn't a fandom exclusive thing. To be honest, most of the people I've talked to on skype that weren't furries, were the ones who were socially awkward. The main problem in my opinion, seems to be that some people just have no idea how to keep a conversation going. It's almost like they've just, given up completely.

Skooter_waters

I've never had many people outside of the internet on skype, mostly cause I don't talk much online. However, I've been finding other furs lately through facebook and FA. So far I've found a couple of people, wouldn't mind finding more to talk with.