• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Face Rig - Virtual avatar webchat thingy

Ji-Ji

Post Festive Fox
[video=youtube;cbIWRd514-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cbIWRd514-s[/video]

Saw this pop up on my tumblr, seems a little cheesy IMO but I think it could be cool for some people, what do you lot think?

Ji-Ji

Post Festive Fox
I think its kind of a neat Idea. I for one don't like putting real pictures of my self on the Internet.

Me neither usually, I'd like to see the full range of characters available if it does succeed.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
It essentially looks like a more detailed and far better rendered version of what Logitech's been doing for a while. Novel but ultimately useless for most users, especially if there's no customization (a million and one red pandas with steampunk goggles). Though it is pretty interesting as far as facial recognition goes. Perhaps one day this kind of technology will be able to replace mocap suits. ... One day.

Ji-Ji

Post Festive Fox
It essentially looks like a more detailed and far better rendered version of what Logitech's been doing for a while. Novel but ultimately useless for most users, especially if there's no customization (a million and one red pandas with steampunk goggles). Though it is pretty interesting as far as facial recognition goes. Perhaps one day this kind of technology will be able to replace mocap suits. ... One day.

Are you on about that creepy skinny alien thing that gets installed on some laptops?
I fully agree, seem complicated and maybe a pipedream right now, but it'd be nice to have customisation.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I can imagine furry modelers making custom characters for this for money.
I wish there will be a great customizer so you can go round that money sink.

Side note, an upcoming game called Star Citizen will have this feature in the game.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race

Tailmon1

Fennec World dominance!
It's Cute and looks fun but I dont have a webcam. Funny that I never did get one.

Umbra.Exe

Revolver Snocelot
It looks like it could be fun to play around with. I wouldn't mind making my own characters and talking as them!
But if it weren't able to be customized somewhat easily, I think the novelty would fade quickly, at least for me. >>;

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
Looks kinda cool, I reckon there's a lot of potential in it. I'd consider getting it now, merely to see where it leads.

LegitWaterfall

Forever done
Pretty cool, but it will definently need some work when the first version is released.

chesse20

I already saw this type of tech being used in Japan in a different video with vocaloids and a different one being used in Everquest 2

but 5 bucks to be cute animal on webcam sounds nice

..... I just shit my pants thinking about the potential money to be had......

Time to bust out my Maya and Zbrush books.

Yeah, until all the mediocre-to-sufficient artists lowball themselves to the point where you can only hope to make $20 off a fully custom textured and rigged HD-quality 3d model.

DrGravitas

I've always wanted something like this! It sounds like they've got it setup with creating your own models in mind; I wonder how difficult it is to get existing works integrated into the system? I might have to look further into this...