• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FaF Newspaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bliss

Given the demographic of the forums, pretty sure no one would give a shit about a sports section where say I give a long editorial on the implications of Andy Pettitte rejoining the Yankees or how Peyton Manning's signing with the Broncos will affect the AFC West.
If you spice it up with shirtless photographs of athletes...

Kahoku

Forgive Yourself
To be honest it would make more sense to focus on the forums. Just like weekly summary of forum events. Not ruling out doing a section on national news, though.

Which is fine too, I mean I am just saying I would write for it. This doesn't have to exist but if it got some serious momentum I would join in, and Thread creation is fun too.
:cool:

Corto

Yes why would I think the question posted directly after my response with no quotes nor other sign of who it was addressing was aimed at me? I must be retarded.

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
I'm not quite sure how we'd write articles about goings on in the forums. It'd become really redundant. As I said above, the articles and sections would have to be international, not just focused on the US. We'd probably have to urge people to write some articles they weren't quite interested in.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
I'm not quite sure how we'd write articles about goings on in the forums. It'd become really redundant. As I said above, the articles and sections would have to be international, not just focused on the US. We'd probably have to urge people to write some articles they weren't quite interested in.
That's one of the reasons why I volunteered as an editor :p

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
...and now, for the weather.

Thank you Jagged. As you can see from our chart here, we have a massive shitstorm moving in from the southeast, brought by therians and new posters from Sofurry. Residents of FAF should expect heavy bawwing tomorrow, with drama showers continuing throughout the week.

Back to you.

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF
...and now, for the weather.

Thank you Jagged. As you can see from our chart here, we have a massive shitstorm moving in from the southeast, brought by therians and new posters from Sofurry. Residents of FAF should expect heavy bawwing tomorrow, with drama showers continuing throughout the week.

Back to you.

People keep talking about these therians and dudes from SF.

They all congregating in The Den or something? Cuz I haven't noticed anything different.

Alstor

And twice as shiny
Okay, I might as well go out with a bang.

This is the stupidest, most pointless, most circlejerky idea I have ever heard on the internet. Not just this forum, not just this fandom, this ENTIRE internet. Please tell me why any forum in the history of man would want to take a good chunk out of it and publish it so you all can have a good wank about some half-assed article about how newfags are bad or some shit being fake published in a fake newspaper.

Ikrit

I'm fired up!

This is the stupidest, most pointless, most circlejerky idea I have ever heard on the internet. Not just this forum, not just this fandom, this ENTIRE internet. Please tell me why any forum in the history of man would want to take a good chunk out of it and publish it so you all can have a good wank about some half-assed article about how newfags are bad or some shit being fake published in a fake newspaper.
oh alstor

let the children have their fun :3

Metalmeerkat

As slick as a bad analogy

On the internet? On the internet. Have you ever even been to *any* gaming (or game dev) sites . . . ever? They have as many fuggin ezines as the damn websites that host them. Yeah, it may be stupid, but they can also be fun to work on at the same time. Fun and stupid are not exclusive. Now the real bad idea is to get So Furry et al involved in on it too. :p

Kahoku

Forgive Yourself
That feel when you know something just got good. Metal, it wasn't worth the time to type that dude.
Meh, I am out of this thread. Seems that some just got too angry, too fast over something that was just an idea.

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
M'kay, I'm ever so slightly annoyed right now, but I'm going to say this, so people get it clear in their heads.

This idea is NOT going to be about 'forum goings on', as I said above. A small, tiny, miniscule portion of it may be dedicated to some comments about things in the forums, but we will focus on News. Hence, NEWS-paper. It'd be fucking retarded to post 'stories' about how some newfag decided to create a shitstorm by posting pictures of him fucking his dog, or something similar. Wanna know why? Because I know pretty much all of us aren't fucking retarded.

And in addition to this, the writing team will be DEDICATED, and picked after showing they can write a good article, so there won't be any 'therians and new posters from sofurry', unless they can show they have the abilities to write good articles about news stories in our world. We will FILTER out the bullcrap, the hate, the stupidity, so that we can just bring some information to the forum, of which many users I know are well acquainted with goings-on in the world at the moment, but nobody knows everything.
One person might know that Mark Texiera hit a grand slam in the bottom of the 8th, but not know that the Euro nosedived again, leaving Europe in a state of disrepair. One person might know that in Turkey, a shooter killed fourteen people in a quiet town, but not know that Romney just dropped 10% in the polls. A newspaper tries to be as varied in its information as possible, to give people a wider knowledge of all the events in the world. Some may choose to do so, some might not. But the important thing is, it's out there for all to see.

Now please, put a stop to this petty arguing.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Broski, honestly, I'm really not sure this whole thing is such a great idea - I legitimately assumed it was a joke... After all, if this newspaper's job is to report on the news, but the reporters who are writing it get their news from, well, other news sites, things don't quite add up.

Though if it's about the fandom at all, you should hit up Summercat and check out Anthropomorphic Review (Anthroview) for tips.

Last edited:

Schwimmwagen

I honestly thought this was gonna be a miniature document thing made purely for laughs, but if this is actually meant to be taken seriously, I guess I'll duck out of it.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
So wait what? this was going to be spread outside of faf? and was serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.