• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Did we, as a community, fuck up?

• Yeah

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
This is not a "I'm leaving ya'll" thread. Call me a remnant of a time long gone, a fossil from the better days. FAF has gone to shit, quite unsurprisingly to be quite frank. One could say it always was, but never this bad. Pre-resurrection FAF was a shitstorm of Korea levels that got sparked by some wonderful (sarcasm alert for the dumber ones) new people in charge and I guess the heat and flak the adminship got was too much and this place took a dive to the ground. I wouldn't know. I got banned in the process for speaking out like many others.

Well it's been rebuilt, obviously, and this is what I come back to. I've given this place a couple of months to re-establish an image for itself, grow some big-boy pants and I've just sat back, had a cup of hot coffee and observed.

It's appalling. Everywhere I see, there's always someone who doesn't quite understand how modesty and being civil works. Why must you people insist that it's a good idea to shout out to the world that "YES, I AM A RAGING HOMOGAY AND I LOVE DOGCOCK SHAPED TOYS UP MY ARSE" or just, y'know, talk about your fetishes in what's supposed to be a PG-13 forum. Fucking hell you people have no sense of shame. Oh and while there's nothing wrong with being gay, do you see straight people yelling their orientation much? No? That's because no-one fucking cares.
All the social awkwardness and people basically asking how to be a basic functional being adds a nice touch.

I think this place needs to take a step back, do some introspection and ask itself if this was the way it wants furries to be portrayed; sexual deviants who can't stop talking about which furry character they've blown the most loads to. It's primo material for anything anti-fur ever and it's quite justified to use whatever bullshit you guys put out on a public forum. At least back in the day people were kind enough to slap you in the back of your head when this kind of shit happened and keep order, but now it's much rather encouraged to be yourself, as low scum as it might be. I am ashamed of having history with this place, and still wanting this to succeed.

Wow! What a wall of condescending text isn't it? To tell you the truth a good bunch of you don't really deserve much else than this. I hope this gets at least some attention and thought rolling about, because deep down in this seventh layer of hell, I want to exist, even if just as a shade of my former self that's moved on in life.

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
Well yea this is what I expect from furries anyway. Socially awkward pseudo zoophilic faggots. There are other forums who enforce their PG-13 policy more strictly, but it's pretty much the same shit just without the dogcock part.

Ricky

Oh, grow up :V

All this talk about "big boy pants" can be distilled to: "Everyone's not cool enough for me and they are all making me look bad." If you're that concerned with random passers-by on the internet, you need to reevaluate your priorities. Yeah, there are plenty of naive youngsters who are new to this stuff, even more so than before. You're not going to change diddly squat by forming some social bubble where you rant about it in isolation, which is what it basically was before.

If it concerns you that much, try to help these people not fall flat on their ass in any kind of normal social setting. It's a hell of a lot more productive since you aren't going to do much for people who don't, and they sure as hell aren't going to help themselves if they are kept in isolation, only to enable this kind of behavior. This is only going to get worse over time. It's not a "furry thing" but an "internet thing" and it ain't going nowhere anytime soon, that much I'll say for sure.

D

Deleted member 82554

No, just like the entire fandom FAF is pretty much the same where it has always been.

D

Deleted member 82554

Actually, *it was* a lot different before I got perma-banned and disappeared again :V

I don't remember when that was, maybe two or three years back?

I've been here four years shy of a few months (ouch) and I can tell ya, not a lot has changed... There is still shitty moderation, broken promises, everyone is still trying to one-up another, and Zoophilic topics are still the social norm. And that's just to name a few.

When it comes to the fandom every forum resembles the other.

Tao

Hare Boi
You seem to have issues with people expressing themselves. Not everyone has to be a sarcastic, snarky, cool guy you know? You just care that you don't fit in because people are nicer now and that nobody is paying attention to you. You do not care about the "forum's reputation", it's merely a pretense for you to cry about your own insecurities without admitting that it's all about you. If you had "big boy pants", you'd suck it up and either leave quietly or stay quietly. So the users are different than you and awkward. Everyone is awkward at some point. If you yourself understood how to be a basic human being you wouldn't feel the need to complain publicly about why you don't like people. If you did that in real life, which I'm sure you do, nobody would like you. Now, you can make the argument that this is a forum and not real life. But if we go that route, then just because people act gay and awkward on here doesn't mean they act that way in real life. Either way, you're still an infant.

Ricky

Perma banned!? Why? You seem like a cool guy.

Lol, I've been perma-banned here at least three times and had temp bans several others.

I generally get along with everyone. My main problem is authority o_O

That's an ongoing theme in my life, not just online.

I've been here four years shy of a few months (ouch) and I can tell ya, not a lot has changed... There is still shitty moderation, broken promises, everyone is still trying to one-up another, and Zoophilic topics are still the social norm. And that's just to name a few.

Maybe it was over three years. And yeah, there were still topics like that, because come on - they are funny xD

More people are posting things in a manner that would have gotten them flamed.

You seem to have issues with people expressing themselves. Not everyone has to be a sarcastic, snarky, cool guy you know?

Eh... I could go into the history of how this mentality originated, but suffice it to say, it does have *some* use. Without this element, you have the blind leading the blind and I've personally seen the horrors it can devolve into when left unchecked. That's why I play Devil's Advocate so often, I don't actually dislike anyone and while I post in hyperbole my feelings remain aloof and objectivity and practicality are my main driving forces. I guess this technically makes me a psychopath but I usually have good intentions.

Well... That's me anyway, and my take on things.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
You seem to have issues with people expressing themselves. Not everyone has to be a sarcastic, snarky, cool guy you know? You just care that you don't fit in because people are nicer now and that nobody is paying attention to you. You do not care about the "forum's reputation", it's merely a pretense for you to cry about your own insecurities without admitting that it's all about you. If you had "big boy pants", you'd suck it up and either leave quietly or stay quietly. So the users are different than you and awkward. Everyone is awkward at some point. If you yourself understood how to be a basic human being you wouldn't feel the need to complain publicly about why you don't like people. If you did that in real life, which I'm sure you do, nobody would like you. Now, you can make the argument that this is a forum and not real life. But if we go that route, then just because people act gay and awkward on here doesn't mean they act that way in real life. Either way, you're still an infant.
This is so far off from the truth it is actually pretty remarkable.
Honestly, I would give you a medal for this if I knew you IRL. Has to be a record of some kind on how giant leaps and assumptions one can load into a post defending a forum and get none of them right.
I think you're just mirroring yourself tbh. Just because you don't understand how someone can care about the actual place and not be a selfish prick doesn't mean we don't exist.

-Sliqq-

Silo
This is so far off from the truth it is actually pretty remarkable.
Honestly, I would give you a medal for this if I knew you IRL. Has to be a record of some kind on how giant leaps and assumptions one can load into a post defending a forum and get none of them right.
I think you're just mirroring yourself tbh. Just because you don't understand how someone can care about the actual place and not be a selfish prick doesn't mean we don't exist.

Oh...Hey man.

L

Lasvicus

Dis teh interwebs, n00b.
Wii lykes our dawg shayp't kok toiz.

Wolveon

I swear I will not kill anyone
How should I say this..
I think one reason this site is so screwed up is because it's one of, if not the, most popular furry sites out there. Whenever someone new joins the fandom, they come straight here. We get everybody, the good and the bad.
It seems to me a fair percentage of the good people move on to other furry websites, while the rest (the "bad" people) stay here. Of course not everyone here is bad, but there are definitely things we can work on.

Ricky

How should I say this..
I think one reason this site is so screwed up is because it's one of, if not the, most popular furry sites out there. Whenever someone new joins the fandom, they come straight here. We get everybody, the good and the bad.
It seems to me a fair percentage of the good people move on to other furry websites, while the rest (the "bad" people) stay here.

What is your idea of good or bad?

Reactions: BRN

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
This community is no longer your community, and your preaching to change it is nothing but a voiceless missionary, shouting nothingness to the darkness, and nobody is listening.

Wolveon

I swear I will not kill anyone
This community is no longer your community, and your preaching to change it is nothing but a voiceless missionary, shouting nothingness to the darkness, and nobody is listening.
Not sure if that was aimed at me, but I'm not trying to change anything, I was just pointing out the way I see things.

Ricky

Good could be the fun, cool, nice people. Bad could be the obnoxious, douchey people.

It was full of a lot more jaded, sardonic, take-things-too-seriously types before.

That's why I liked it, it's fun to be the antithesis sometimes :D

Now I'm probably on the other side of the fence, leaning more toward the OP in sentiment.

That said, it doesn't actually bother me. I'll just point things out when I see them.

I usually just say what's on my mind.

Not sure if that was aimed at me, but I'm not trying to change anything, I was just pointing out the way I see things.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the OP.