• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FAF's Car & Autosports Tread

Car Fox

Formally "Torsion Beam"
I'm rockin a red 4.0, 99 jeep wrangler TJ, black soft top, 4" fabtech performance suspension lift, 33" 12.50 R15 BFG AT's on Mickey Thompson classic III polished alloy wheels, automatic transmission (im on my 3rd one, so this time I had some extra stuff done to it) with beefed up torque converter, shift kit, vent relocation, and external cooler, ring and pinion gear swap from 3.07 to 4.10 (It made a HUGE difference in the power gettin to the ground) Rugged ridge aftermarket header, throttle body spacer, K&N 9" cone air filter. I think that's it....soooo much money spent. Worth every cent so far.

I wanna' Wrangler :(

DrewlyYours

Buy the ticket, take the ride
I wanna' Wrangler :(

Better shell out some cash! They aren't cheap and if you want to go offroad with it, the maintenance is crazy but worth it. The more you brake the more you learn.

Mine was stock everything when I got it and it would haul ass with the lil street tires on it and no lift. But it does have the straight six in it. It was super fun just stock.

Last edited:

Bleedswhitefire

Bubba be addicted to 2 stroke

Why does it look like the oil pump pick up tube is broke?

Better shell out some cash! They aren't cheap and if you want to go offroad with it, the maintenance is crazy but worth it. The more you brake the more you learn.

And that's how I learned every thing there is to know about the 1980's toyota trucks. Broke EVERYTHING at least once.

Ikrit

I'm fired up!
Why does it look like the oil pump pick up tube is broke?
probably because the picture is blurry due to my stupidly shaky hands, they where once so bad i actually went to physical therapy for them

but that end is completely flat, what you see is the actual shape of the tube, so i doubt it broke.

i have the head off now as well, i'll take pics tomarrow

Bleedswhitefire

probably because the picture is blurry due to my stupidly shaky hands, they where once so bad i actually went to physical therapy for them

but that end is completely flat, what you see is the actual shape of the tube, so i doubt it broke.

i have the head off now as well, i'll take pics tomarrow

Well, first one I have ever seen with no screen. But then again all the motors I've been in are are at least 10 years old haha.

Ikrit

I'm fired up!
update: no pictures yet, but we got the pistons and crankshaft out today, instructor continues to have a hissy fit about moving ahead without his instuctions and continues to dig for anything we did wrong just to prove he is right

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
Can't be a proper petrolhead 'til you owned an Alfa Romeo. And enjoyed the wonderful experience of the rental Peugeot while it's being repaired (again)....

Bleedswhitefire

update: no pictures yet, but we got the pistons and crankshaft out today, instructor continues to have a hissy fit about moving ahead without his instuctions and continues to dig for anything we did wrong just to prove he is right

Has he found enything wrong with what you did? (I'm guessing not)

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
Can't be a proper petrolhead 'til you owned an Alfa Romeo. And enjoyed the wonderful experience of the rental Peugeot while it's being repaired (again)....

It's a pity then that every Alfa is too hideously ugly to own.

For the US equivalent of the experience, just own any domestic made between 1974 and 1995. Further more you're not allowed to send it in for repairs, you have to fix it yourself (as a proper gearhead SHOULD).

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
It's a pity then that every Alfa is too hideously ugly to own.

For the US equivalent of the experience, just own any domestic made between 1974 and 1995. Further more you're not allowed to send it in for repairs, you have to fix it yourself (as a proper gearhead SHOULD).

The true alfa experience is like owning a beautiful portrait that tends to fall off the wall. Or break it's frame. Or start leaking oils from...somewhere.

Nineteen-TwentySeven

Four Eyes; Zero Soul
I can't think of anything clever to put here other than amen. I'm pretty sure the synchronizers in that thing are made of dried pasta. You gotta be DAMN good at double clutching to get it to go into 2nd with any semblance of smoothness. The car only has 75,000 miles on it and has had it's transmission rebuilt once.

The true alfa experience is like owning a beautiful portrait that tends to fall off the wall. Or break it's frame. Or start leaking oils from...somewhere.
Oh yeah, the engine has also been rebuilt from the ground up twice. We still can't figure out where the oil's coming from...

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
I can't think of anything clever to put here other than amen. I'm pretty sure the synchronizers in that thing are made of dried pasta. You gotta be DAMN good at double clutching to get it to go into 2nd with any semblance of smoothness. The car only has 75,000 miles on it and has had it's transmission rebuilt once.

Oh yeah, the engine has also been rebuilt from the ground up twice. We still can't figure out where the oil's coming from...

Not wrong. But 75,000 miles? I had a 2011 Giulietta and in 27,000 miles couldn't believe how many things went wrong with it in the space of two years.

Oh, to be in a place that sold Alfas other than 30 year old Spider Veloces...

My father has a lovely little piece of British machinery in the garage, though. '64 MGB, up on blocks with the front suspension in pieces...

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
Ah. Well I bought mine brand new in 2011 and it went wrong within....2 months. And kept going wrong...and wrong...and wrong...Until last month when i sold it for a Focus ST.

Umbra.Exe

Revolver Snocelot
They're a specific style of wheel that VW produced for a while. They're quite popular with the older restomods. They don't have any holes in them (thus, "smoothies")
Ooh, those are pretty. I think I have seen those before actually, just wasn't familiar with the name.

My carpet finally came in today! So now I've got to paint some stuff on the interior, and patch those rust spots. Then we can finally get to work on the carpet, huzzah.

I'm a little unhappy about my Honda, though. Its windshield cracked as I was washing it this morning. I was so shocked that I just stared at it for a good while, trying to realize what just happened... I guess the cold water on the warm window cracked it? It wasn't even that hot, though...
I really dislike windshield cracks, never thought it would happen to my car. I'm pretty unhappy, since now I have to look at it every time I drive. :c

NightProwlerP71

The true alfa experience is like owning a beautiful portrait that tends to fall off the wall.

Haha, this guy speaks the truth.

The closest thing I've had to an Alfa is my '63 Alpine. Not Italian, but still beautiful. And British engineering means it always broken, like an Alfa!

Rebel Of Epona

WTF is a Nerf Herder?¿?
Currently own a 46 Willys CJ2A (Being painted and will be finished in spring), a fully restored 78 F150 4x4, an 01 Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel, Nd an 06 Yamaha XT225 Dual Sport Bike