• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FAF's Transmission of Choice?

What type of transmission do you prefer driving?

• Total voters

ObsidianLaughter

HI GUYYYYYYYYYYYS
Thats bullshit. a majority of cars over here are manual transmission and people STILL manage to fiddle with the radio, talk on a cell phone and text with a cell phone, read the paper, do their make up etc etc etc.

You've got some talented people in England then. American's are just stupid at pretty much everything. I know I don't want to drive and change my gears while on the phone since you know, I like to live.

Nineteen-TwentySeven

Four Eyes; Zero Soul
Thats bullshit. a majority of cars over here are manual transmission and people STILL manage to fiddle with the radio, talk on a cell phone and text with a cell phone, read the paper, do their make up etc etc etc.
Across the pond where you are manuals are much more common. Over here people seem to have difficulty even grasping the concept of shifting gears yourself, much less doing other shit at the same time.

L

LizardKing

The key is to steer with the legs.

Delta Fox

Adolf Clitler
I drive an automatic because it is hard to shift gears while getting blown by Korean prostitutes

Gavrill

ladies~
Automatic because I'm awful at micro-managing and already paranoid about a million other things on the road.

shteev

Lol how do I delete this account
I haven't started driving yet, but I have a feeling that I'd like manual more, for the following reasons...

-It probably feels cool to do.
-It would make me a more aware, connected driver.
-And, if I'm accelerating really fast, I can control where to shift and stay in the power curve. Therefore I could probably take on some stupid kids in their daddy's Mustang.

I play too much Need for Speed.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
|3 good job son

I tried to learn to drive a manual once. It was awful. That's my on-topic remark.

Stalled at a busy three-way junction this one time. Well, to be more honest, I stalled nine times, this one time, at a busy threeway. :v

Gr8fulFox

Stalled at a busy three-way junction this one time. Well, to be more honest, I stalled nine times, this one time, at a busy threeway. :v

I can top that. I took my dads truck out for a joyride while he was away, and I stalled at a 4-way intersection at night. The problem was the key was broken in the ignition; it would still turn, but the little nub on the key-ring still had to be in there to turn it. When I stalled, the keys fell on the floor, and I couldn't figure out how to turn on the lights, so I had to search the floor for the keys, then find the nub, while trying to tell people at the intersection who were waiting for me to go ahead and go XD

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
I'm about to acquire a 1997 Chevy s10 with a five speed.

I've only ever driven automatic transmissions. Everyone keeps telling me that I'm fucked.

Thoughts, FAF?

My friend got a stick shift. After every intersection, he'd jam the car into high gear by accident. And when he didn't, we stalled in the middle of the intersection.

Basically, what I'm saying is, good luck.

What's really challenging is talking on the phone when you're stopped at an intersection, then accelerating and making a turn and keeping up with the conversation.

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light

Yeah the more you stall, the more nervous you get, which just leads to more stalling. :<

This one time like a week after I learned how to drive stick, I stalled 3 times making a left turn IN FRONT of an 18-wheeler before figuring out I was in 3rd gear. The guy didn't even bother honking, he just rolled his eyes. :V

My friend got a stick shift. After every intersection, he'd jam the car into high gear by accident. And when he didn't, we stalled in the middle of the intersection.

Basically, what I'm saying is, good luck.

Man your friend needs to practice more in empty parking lots before he even THINKS about taking his car on the street...

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
I haven't started driving yet, but I have a feeling that I'd like manual more, for the following reasons...

-And, if I'm accelerating really fast, I can control where to shift and stay in the power curve. Therefore I could probably take on some stupid kids in their daddy's Mustang.

I play too much Need for Speed.

If you're willing to fucking race people like this on a real road then I fucking hope you never get your licence.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Hi, I'm Josie Maran and I play Mia in 'Need For Speed: Most Wanted'. Make sure you do all your racing in the game. On the streets, drive safely and responsibly, and wear your seatbelt. :3

[yt]YmaSHgTcJO4[/yt]
[yt]MNs_USW78ZA[/yt]
[yt]qiWNYqZ3QNs[/yt]

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.
Safety? Where's the fun in that? :v