• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fallout 3

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Oh gotchya! They just 'know' and trust their own opinions in the safety of the interwebz. :3

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Show me these live gameplay streams that show the game is terrible, come on. Now you're just being a moron, give me a reliable source.

If you can't, then I guess that proves one thing discussed here.

Teco

Informal Formalist
Lets all ignore this dude. We shouldnt have even stooped to his level by blessing him with a reply to anything. Back onto the original topic all. I heard someone mention speed. Aye, speed would definitely be good for traversing the large world map and getting away from the baddies, ha.. seems everyone is going blow up the nuke huh? Its too much temptation for me too. Maybe I should put in points for the Fatman too. *evil grin* Oh that will be a fun one.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Hmm I think I'm going to be more accuracy based myself, snipe them all, no need to run.

T

Tycho

If I were gonna play a Fallout game again I'd play a speech-small guns-science character focused more on getting more stuff done with less ammo expended. (Come on, it's post-apoc, ammunition production has taken a serious dive... cartridges are more precious than gold FFS.) Later on I'd tag Energy Weapons as a bonus Tag skill. If I can get a decent medic NPC and a supersledge-swinging thug NPC on my team (with a dog of course. ALWAYS a dog) I'd be pretty much set.

But does Fallout 3 let me do this? No.

They should have damn well called it Fallout FPS. But then Beth is good at trying to "fix" things that aren't broken, as the progression of Daggerfall-Morrowind-Oblivion proves.

You console kiddies and such may enjoy this thing, but I was REALLY hoping for a Fallout game that played like the first 2 - more about calculated thought and introspection into one's own morality at times. This is twitch-twitch-bang-bang*insert token NPC dialogue here*BOOM-the end.

He doesn't need to play it. He's from NMA, they don't need to play games.

I don't need to tell you how annoying it is when I see people with the attention spans of GNATS waxing ecstatic over every goddamn new release. A lot of the folks at NMA are really sick of this behavior amongst video gamers, and even more sick of their complacency about the inevitably disappointing truth of their former golden calf being NOT what the developers and publishers promised you or claimed to be selling you.

"OMG THIS NEW GAME IS COMING OUT IT LOOKS SO AWESOME IT IS SO AWESOME *rampant hyperbole*"
*slaps down 50 bucks for the game*
"Hey, this isn't awesome. *whine* Well, rather than look like I made a substandard purchase, which would point out that I'm a fanboy/mindless drone/tasteless mook I'll find every good point or make one up if need be, to justify paying for this coaster, and I'll go to the mat in its defense if need be!"

It's like a warped, mutated, much more elaborate version of Stockholm Syndrome, but for video games.

People who behave in that manner are the reason mediocrity and bastardization are as prevalent as they are in the video game industry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikael Grizzly

Creepy Stalker
If I were gonna play a Fallout game again I'd play a speech-small guns-science character focused more on getting more stuff done with less ammo expended. (Come on, it's post-apoc, ammunition production has taken a serious dive... cartridges are more precious than gold FFS.) Later on I'd tag Energy Weapons as a bonus Tag skill. If I can get a decent medic NPC and a supersledge-swinging thug NPC on my team (with a dog of course. ALWAYS a dog) I'd be pretty much set.

But does Fallout 3 let me do this? No.

They should have damn well called it Fallout FPS. But then Beth is good at trying to "fix" things that aren't broken, as the progression of Daggerfall-Morrowind-Oblivion proves.

You console kiddies and such may enjoy this thing, but I was REALLY hoping for a Fallout game that played like the first 2 - more about calculated thought and introspection into one's own morality at times. This is twitch-twitch-bang-bang*insert token NPC dialogue here*BOOM-the end.

I don't need to tell you how annoying it is when I see people with the attention spans of GNATS waxing ecstatic over every goddamn new release. A lot of the folks at NMA are really sick of this behavior amongst video gamers, and even more sick of their complacency about the inevitably disappointing truth of their former golden calf being NOT what the developers and publishers promised you or claimed to be selling you.

"OMG THIS NEW GAME IS COMING OUT IT LOOKS SO AWESOME IT IS SO AWESOME *rampant hyperbole*"
*slaps down 50 bucks for the game*
"Hey, this isn't awesome. *whine* Well, rather than look like I made a substandard purchase, which would point out that I'm a fanboy/mindless drone/tasteless mook I'll find every good point or make one up if need be, to justify paying for this coaster, and I'll go to the mat in its defense if need be!"

It's like a warped, mutated, much more elaborate version of Stockholm Syndrome, but for video games.

People who behave in that manner are the reason mediocrity and bastardization are as prevalent as they are in the video game industry.

awesome.jpg

Last edited:

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Source. Games not even out yet and your rambling on about opinions and weapons in the game. Links, pics, and reviews. Or it didn't happen.

From sites I can trust.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
I love how they all disregarded everything I said and continued to spew random "FUCK THIS GAME, HAHA YOU GUYS WHO AGREE WITH ME ARE AWESOME AND EVERYONE ELSE IS DUMB AND A CONFORMIST" shit. Well, that really shows how mature you guys are. I'm looking forward to the game - No obnoxious "Official Seal of Awesomeness" is going to sway me there.

LordWibble

So far I'm not really seeing compelling arguments against the game.

Technical issues? Something the rest of the Fallout series had in abundance.

Oblivion with guns? Oblivion was a great game, made awesome by the modding community.

My favourite argument is that the game shouldn't be called Fallout 3. Apparently being called Fallout: Subtitle would stop it being the fifth entry in the Fallout franchise. As far as I'm concerned, I can either play Fallout 3 as Beth designed it, or not play Fallout 3. Choice seems pretty easy to me.

Also, to those who say they're sick of people getting hyped about games: is relentless pessimism about any and all upcoming releases any better?

KrazFabbit

Source. Games not even out yet and your rambling on about opinions and weapons in the game. Links, pics, and reviews. Or it didn't happen.

From sites I can trust.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/spikemouth69-playing-fallout-3-live there's one stream if he decides to start playing again. (currently isn't playing at the time of this post.)

Also, to those who say they're sick of people getting hyped about games: is relentless pessimism about any and all upcoming releases any better?

Yes. That way if a game is bad there's nothing to be dissapointed about.

LordWibble

Yes. That way if a game is bad there's nothing to be disappointed about.

I prefer to look at each game by itself. Turning Point: Fail of Liberty I had pegged as shit form early previews, but those people who just go around going; EVERY GAME SUCKS UNLESS PROVEN OTHERWISE really piss me off. In this particular instance we have a game that's already reviewing well, and is made by a developer with a good track record. I see no reason to go around proclaiming it as crap just because it's different to earlier games made by a different developer.

Teco

Informal Formalist
This isnt a whine about the game thread.

Yeah, ammo converstion is good, but hot damn if Fallout didnt make me wanna use it, and now I'll really want to! Fatman, man!

lilEmber

Small Dragon
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/spikemouth69-playing-fallout-3-live there's one stream if he decides to start playing again. (currently isn't playing at the time of this post.)

Sorry man but that link, it don't work. (404 error) So it's not gonna be a source. It's like people who link off to wiki with at the top of the page it states,

This article or section may contain original research or unverified claims.
Please improve the article by adding references. See the talk page for details. (August 2008)

I don't think it's gonna matter what it would of showed anyway, ustream.tv is a site I've never heard of, used, or would believe in. It's US only. D:

T

Tycho

This isnt a whine about the game thread.

Yeah, ammo converstion is good, but hot damn if Fallout didnt make me wanna use it, and now I'll really want to! Fatman, man!

The Bozar in FO2 must have been your dream weapon. That thing (and the Vindicator minigun) chewed through ammo like mad, with spectacular results.

Xaerun

"toxic and negative"
So far I'm not really seeing compelling arguments against the game.

Technical issues? Something the rest of the Fallout series had in abundance.

Oblivion with guns? Oblivion was a great game, made awesome by the modding community.

My favourite argument is that the game shouldn't be called Fallout 3. Apparently being called Fallout: Subtitle would stop it being the fifth entry in the Fallout franchise. As far as I'm concerned, I can either play Fallout 3 as Beth designed it, or not play Fallout 3. Choice seems pretty easy to me.

Note: The fact that it has a great modding community does not define it as a good game.

Other than that, I freakin' loved Oblivion.

T

Tycho

Maybe you haven't noticed this:

Bethesda isn't Black Isle.

Much to my dismay.

Just because they aren't Black Isle doesn't mean they couldn't have kept the series going in the Van Buren direction instead of bending the Fallout series over the desk and donkeypunching it.

Are they within their legal rights to do what they are doing with the Fallout franchise? Yes. That I can't deny. But they're still a bunch of pandering console-sluts and for that (and the decline of The Elder Scrolls series IMO) I hate them.

Foxstar

lol reggin
NMA is a shithole above shitholes. When I can go to /b/ and have a more thoughtful and open minded discussion about Fallout 3 (Other then being told "This isn't fucking /v/), then space time has twisted in on itself and something is really..REALLY wrong.

Bethesda's biggest mistake trying to pander to the NMA crowd and their ilk, their second was just not openly saying "Fuck NMA." Someone quote Tycho's news posts with his reactions to the NMA crowd when Besthesda first opened the Fallout 3 fourms, now THAT is a awesome post. I await Gabe's comic based on NMA rabid batshit fan reactions to the torrented FO3..once Besthesda gets him and Tycho their official disks.

Teco

Informal Formalist
Fallout 3 will be the foundation for the future Fallout 4. It is in fact, the new Fallout. It is completely different with its partial foundation still in place, with this, and logical suggestions pointed out respectfully to this new developer, this game shall give us a sample of the future to come, this engine will be tweaked and ungraded on this foundation to give us the next gen vision sometime. Sometime. Until then I'll enjoy this sample. If someone else thinks they can pull off a Fallout masterpiece by their lonesome I'd rather not hear anymore complaints about it except sugesstions. Which no one can give at the moment because no one SHOULD have played this game yet

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Much to my dismay.

Just because they aren't Black Isle doesn't mean they couldn't have kept the series going in the Van Buren direction instead of bending the Fallout series over the desk and donkeypunching it.

I think you missed the point.
Bethesda isn't Black Isle. They do things differently to Black Isle. Their style is different to Black Isle. Their production values are different to Black Isle. As much as I loved Black Isle and wish they would somehow come back, Bethesda isn't Black Isle.

Xipoid

Cameras
I am inherently distrustful of Fallout 3. I loved the original Fallout and Fallout 2, but the Elder Scrolls series never managed to grab my attention for more than about 5 minutes. Since Bethesda is making Fallout 3 instead of Black Isle, I have the dreadful feeling it will be too similar to Oblivion and whatnot, and thus turn me off to the game completely.

It definitely will not be a game I will buy without play testing it first. Much to my inner FPS player's dismay, I would have to grab it for the 360 as I do not feel like raping this computer or replacing it.