• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Fallout RP?

The-Courier

Dreamer of Cheese
I've got a few ideas planned out for openings actually! Though, some of them would be restricted to race in some ways.
One would be a vault (human and synth only), there would be a few starting scenarios for furry folk (primarily in the forest though). Then of course, there's the option to start anywhere in between really, I'd just need to draw up a map to make it easier to visualize.

You have any ideas brewing? :D
A vault could work! It would be fun playing a wide-eyed vault dweller who doesn't know his ass from a rocket launcher.

As for ideas I have, hmmm... possibly somewhere within a town?

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
A vault could work! It would be fun playing a wide-eyed vault dweller who doesn't know his ass from a rocket launcher.

As for ideas I have, hmmm... possibly somewhere within a town?

A town would definitely be a thing! I just... honestly, haven't fleshed one out yet. Tribes in the forest for sure, but not a place that would have its own significance other than scavenging. DX

The-Courier

Dreamer of Cheese
A town would definitely be a thing! I just... honestly, haven't fleshed one out yet. Tribes in the forest for sure, but not a place that would have its own significance other than scavenging. DX
Tribes in the forest? Fallout 2 vibes... could be something to toy around with.

TyraWadman

Tribes in the forest? Fallout 2 vibes... could be something to toy around with.
Yes! The quests I have thought out would be a bit bland/cliche but still significant to anyone wanting to play a fuzzyboio in the RP. (like earning rep and fighting to survive against the racist peeps). A lot can still happen, and they can obviously choose to explore other areas, but that would be something they consistently encounter unless they do something about it.

The-Courier

Dreamer of Cheese
Yes! The quests I have thought out would be a bit bland/cliche but still significant to anyone wanting to play a fuzzyboio in the RP. (like earning rep and fighting to survive against the racist peeps). A lot can still happen, and they can obviously choose to explore other areas, but that would be something they consistently encounter unless they do something about it.
Yeah, one opening scene for a tribe could be defending against slavers. (Kind of how you'd sometimes stumble upon slavers trying to capture tribals in Fallout 2).

At the moment, I'm torn between creating a really dumb waster, or a decently-educated vault dweller who can only bench fifty pounds and can barely raise a pistol.

TyraWadman

Yeah, one opening scene for a tribe could be defending against slavers. (Kind of how you'd sometimes stumble upon slavers trying to capture tribals in Fallout 2).

At the moment, I'm torn between creating a really dumb waster, or a decently-educated vault dweller who can only bench fifty pounds and can barely raise a pistol.

XDD Well either one is fine with me!
Not every scenario has to revolve around violence! (but obviously expect it to happen!)

The-Courier

Dreamer of Cheese
XDD Well either one is fine with me!
Not every scenario has to revolve around violence! (but obviously expect it to happen!)
Oh yeah. It would be fun and more interesting to play a character who has to rely on talking his way out of violence than just shooting everything that moves.

TyraWadman

Oh yeah. It would be fun and more interesting to play a character who has to rely on talking his way out of violence than just shooting everything that moves.
Definitely!
But just don't expect people to just suddenly realize the error of their ways ALL the time. There won't be any dice-rolling. In most cases, you either gotta find a clue that gives you leverage, or just hope your IC reply is enough to sway them. >:3

The-Courier

Dreamer of Cheese
Definitely!
But just don't expect people to just suddenly realize the error of their ways ALL the time. There won't be any dice-rolling. In most cases, you either gotta find a clue that gives you leverage, or just hope your IC reply is enough to sway them. >:3
That's the fun part.

TyraWadman

That's the fun part.
Also I can totally understand the wide-eyed vault character being the easiest start- you're new to the world, whereas furries would be experienced and at least aware of SOME of the things happening around them. Still a bit iffy on what to do for major towns though. :/ Hmmmm

The-Courier

Dreamer of Cheese
Also I can totally understand the wide-eyed vault character being the easiest start- you're new to the world, whereas furries would be experienced and at least aware of SOME of the things happening around them. Still a bit iffy on what to do for major towns though. :/ Hmmmm
Usually my philosophy when creating towns and major hubs of civilization is to take the environment around the town, and then figure out how people would live out of it, and how the environment shapes the people.
For instance, Megaton from Fallout 3 built a town around a nuclear bomb in a decently central location on the map, making it a great place for trade and commerce.

Of course, I think our best bet would to be have relatively small towns to start off with, and introduce the big stuff as the RP progresses.

TyraWadman

Usually my philosophy when creating towns and major hubs of civilization is to take the environment around the town, and then figure out how people would live out of it, and how the environment shapes the people.
For instance, Megaton from Fallout 3 built a town around a nuclear bomb in a decently central location on the map, making it a great place for trade and commerce.

Of course, I think our best bet would to be have relatively small towns to start off with, and introduce the big stuff as the RP progresses.
That's what I was thinking. Better hope I come up with an idea half way through! XD

The-Courier

Dreamer of Cheese
I'm honestly not sure. I'm definitely jotting down a map for places (I'll send it to you later for feedback XD)
But depending on what happens over the next few days, I might be packing up to move!
Fair enough. I'll try to create a list of notable characters within a few towns/locations once I get the map.