• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

FAP - FurAffinity Patcher (Browser Extension)

Hircreacc

The FurAffinity Patcher is a Browser Extension with some Content Scripts for Index -- Fur Affinity [dot] net.
Adding some Client-Side features like Edit-Preview and some smaller tweaks.

It all began with "Why can't I see icons on my Watchlist ?“, "Who is this again ?" or "No preview rendering in Submission-Upload-Page D:". :)
I know FA is an older site, but it's really sad to see no major feature updates in the last time. :'(

This project should be small and adds some life improvements. I hope FA gives us native Blacklist on the Serverside, soon and some other fixes.
FN seems to be a good competitor, I hope for the best, because competition is good.

Keep in mind guys this is my first Browser-Extension I made and it's still in development ^^

Sourcecode: Hircreacc / Furaffinity Patcher · GitLab
Journal: FAP - FurAffinity Patcher (Browser Extension) -- Hircreacc's Journal

Content Changes
  • smaller Tweaks on Profile- and Submission-Page
  • Editor with BBCode-Preview
  • Notes-List with search and sort
  • hide Submissions: General, Mature or/and Adult

Installation
NEW Version: 0.5.0

Usage
Install it, goto Options, set what you need and enjoy.

Features
  • Profile Page
    • Replace link-Buttons with real Buttons (+Watch, -Watch, +Block, ...)
    • No more redirect, just AJAX with button.click-event
    • Buttons with new CSS
  • (Submission) View Page
    • Replace link-Buttons with real Buttons (+Fav, ...)
    • No more redirect, just AJAX with button.click-event
    • Buttons with new CSS
    • Add Artist in Sidebar
    • Add "+Watch"-Button
  • Simple Editor with Preview and Help
    • Notes
    • Profile-Edit
    • Journal
    • Upload
  • Notes with Search and Sort
    • Search in Notes list for Subject, Sender and Senddate
    • Sort by Subject, Sender and Sendate
  • Filter-List
    • Username
    • Submission-ID
    • Title
    • hide Submissions: General, Mature or/and Adult

Screenshots

New "+Watch"- and "+Fav"-Buttons

New "+Watch"- and "+Block"-Buttons

New "Update Profile Information"-Button

Editor with Preview

Editor with Preview and Help

Notes-List with Search and Sort

Limitations

You must reload your Browsepage if you change or enable/disable the Blacklists.

I must admit the hiding submission via Blacklist takes a while, that's because I need to get every submission (/view-Page) via GET, but it can't be done all at once, otherwise my GET-requests are blocked from the server and I get an "503 SERVICE UNAVAILABLE".
FA doesn’t have an API where I can get all submission at once via list ... so I have to get all information one-by-one with a little delay.

For me it takes 10-13 seconds with 72 Submission in Browse-Page.
I build in cache for /user-Page and /view-Page, so if you visit the Side again, it would be a bit faster.
Getting every Submission (for tags, etc.) within 2-3 Requests in Parallel and a small delay (300-600ms) in between,
this can causes temporarily auto-IP banned for botting/content scraping, so I disable the Blacklist- and Watchlist-Icons-Feature.

Last edited:

yak

Site Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Replied to the FA journal.
I do not recommend anyone making use of this addon in the mean time, or you might get temporarily auto-IP banned for botting / content scraping.

Hircreacc

Replied to the FA journal.
I do not recommend anyone making use of this addon in the mean time, or you might get temporarily auto-IP banned for botting / content scraping.

Thanks for your feedback, mate.
I totally understand that, the bulk requests was also my concerns, I can warn ppl about this features in the description and can also make a more of a "lite" version ONLY with content_script for the current Site without background requests.
Must problem features are Blacklist and the Watchlist.

Edit: I change some things ... I disabled the Problem-Features in 0.4.0

Last edited:

FormerUser

Most of these fixes were covered in older scripts written by other users a fair while back.
Not discouraging what you've done, not at all, i just didn't see the need directly for a BrowserExt when they exist as Userscripts?

Hircreacc

Most of these fixes were covered in older scripts written by other users a fair while back.
Not discouraging what you've done, not at all, i just didn't see the need directly for a BrowserExt when they exist as Userscripts?

Yeah I just saw some Downloader and for the Userscripts you still need an extra Browser Extension ^^
(Not sure how many of them still works with the Classic or Beta version...)

Also always want to make an Browser Extension, first try :3 ... just add it to the pill of options :D