• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Farcry 2

lilEmber

Small Dragon
*Crickets* o..o

x3 I have my ex nabbing it on 360, my roommate on pc, myself on pc, and I know no one getting it on ps3, now I do!

Bambi

I came.

Into this thread. I'm so getting Farcry 2 ... if not just to make maps...

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
If you've ever watched gameplay videos of a console shooter, you'd notice a lot of people moving rather stiffly. Also, the aiming tends to be on the horizontal axis almost exclusively.

I can aim much more quickly with much more accuracy with a mouse than a joystick, and there is nothing that any skill with a joystick can do that I can't do with a mouse right now. With a good enough mouse (read: cheaper than a 360/PS3 controller), you have a greater deal of control with a greater range and speed of movement. You can make more precise movements and more wide, sweeping movements. In many games, I can spin around and destroy someone shooting at me from directly behind me, in some cases with a single shot. Warrock is a good example, though the M24 isn't as accurate as it used to be for that.

Anyway...

Details plz.
DRM on the 360. Well, here's the thing: The 360 has DRM. Period.

Disc checks, region lockout, internet connectivity required to access certain content, constant phoning home with regard to downloaded content, restriction of transfer for downloaded content, restriction of transfer for downloaded content across X-Box 360 units using the same Live account such as with a replacement unit (with many things requiring re-purchasing and/or an internet connection to work after transfer).

In short, it's DRM paradise - You just don't notice it. And every other console is the same.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Exactly, people shouldn't notice it on PC either, unless they didn't actually buy it or are attempting to run it on more than one PC...Those that do have issues with it, that's very sad that you could screw something up so badly it thinks you never bought the game, with the disk in your hand. D: Just call the company! x3

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
If you've ever watched gameplay videos of a console shooter, you'd notice a lot of people moving rather stiffly. Also, the aiming tends to be on the horizontal axis almost exclusively. And moar so on so on
I play console shooters, and no, it's not that hard to vertically move. One thing you must realize is that a console shooter will take longer to spin around, so they'll need more speed on the horizontal than the vertical one.

Stiff moving depends on the game. Most of the time you're more likely to see consolers move in a smoother circle than someone on PC will. Why? They hold in the Movement stick and Aim stick half in and ta-da! Circle.
PC = W+D plus slide mouse, slide mouse,( and maybe another slide mouse), circle!.

DRM on the 360. Well, here's the thing: The 360 has DRM. Period.

Disc checks, region lockout, internet connectivity required to access certain content, constant phoning home with regard to downloaded content, restriction of transfer for downloaded content, restriction of transfer for downloaded content across X-Box 360 units using the same Live account such as with a replacement unit (with many things requiring re-purchasing and/or an internet connection to work after transfer).

In short, it's DRM paradise - You just don't notice it. And every other console is the same.

Does it limit your installs/uninstalls?
You've always had to have a disk/cart in there because of memory reasons.
It's hardly the arse-holeish DRM PC has been getting purely because the consoles haven't really had the option to work any other way.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Does it limit your installs/uninstalls?
You've always had to have a disk/cart in there because of memory reasons.
It's hardly the arse-holeish DRM PC has been getting purely because the consoles haven't really had the option to work any other way.

In short, it's DRM paradise - You just don't notice it. ...

(words) ... Stiff moving depends on the game. ... (words)
No, it's to do with the control method. A joystick has (usually) anywhere between 255 and 65535 possible positions on each axis (I believe the 360 is the latter (could be half that, too lazy to check using my controller adapter); However, most games have a large enough dead zone+low enough threshold to limit that to closer to 255 to ensure that things like the weight of the joystick doesn't cause extra movement). That's fine, actually, but the thing is, it's a constant motion. It's not as natural as using a mouse, especially for shooters. If you were holding a pistol, you'd be moving your hands in a very similar way you'd move them with a mouse. If you were to move in the same way as you would with a joystick, then you'd look like a robot or something.

The movement, by its very nature is going to be stiff, because for every moment you move the joystick into a position where it reads movement, you will be moving in that direction, and no matter how good you are, it's going to be that way. You can compensate for it in time, but it isn't as natural as using hand/arm movements. It isn't an absolute control method. It's great for things like flight (Ace Combat's controls couldn't be better), but for aiming something? Quickly? Not so much.

So in short, gimme cross-platform capability for Far Cry 2, give me my PC and you can have your console. And I'll destroy you.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Gimmie a console and I will destroy you all! Muhahaha, give me a PC and I will destroy me, saving you all. x3

LordWibble

Got the game yesterday. After actually managing to activate it, it had issues with non-existent emulation software. 'Fuck it,' I thought. 'Crack-town here I come.' Lo and behold, upon the very day of release there was already a working crack available. So anyway the game's fun but not amazing moar opinion and better thought-out post later sick and tired right now bai.

Teco

Informal Formalist
-.- Hollywood video is slow to getting this game. I've been going for the last few days since the original GS website's stated release date and nothing, plus then my friend got it for his computer. Mayhap I'll wait.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
I got it, so does my roommate. 10/10 x3 I love it, best FPS I've played in a long ass time. Far, far better looking than crysis, runs better, plays better, missions are more fun, just doing nothing can be fun. Sniping from high up is amazing.

Teco

Informal Formalist
I got it, so does my roommate. 10/10 x3 I love it, best FPS I've played in a long ass time. Far, far better looking than crysis, runs better, plays better, missions are more fun, just doing nothing can be fun. Sniping from high up is amazing.

....*grabby hands* Well I'll be playing it on the PC here over the weekend at my friends after some Saw 5 tonight -3- You got it for the console didntcha?

blackfuredfox

is a Gunnery Sergeant now.
just got it and after a while it stopped working, my x-box hasn't had red ring but thats the thing there was no red ring. i mean i get to the point where it says far cry 2 press start and then a little side bar shows up and say i cant play cause its unreadable and i should clean it and restart the console and i did about five times and it still doesn't work any one know whats up.

Mr Fox

Rainbows... Uber!
Yeah sounds good so i ordered it coming on Tuesday or Wednesday :D

Loved the first farcry so it better be good >.>

Teco

Informal Formalist
just got it and after a while it stopped working, my x-box hasn't had red ring but thats the thing there was no red ring. i mean i get to the point where it says far cry 2 press start and then a little side bar shows up and say i cant play cause its unreadable and i should clean it and restart the console and i did about five times and it still doesn't work any one know whats up.
Hopefully you reader isnt wonky like mine.. I had to do all sorts of things to get it to read my discs again... the weirdest one that worked was standing on it.. yup.

blackfuredfox

Hopefully you reader isnt wonky like mine.. I had to do all sorts of things to get it to read my discs again... the weirdest one that worked was standing on it.. yup.

i hope it isnt too cause i dont want to stand on it or pay to get fixed.

Teco

Informal Formalist
i hope it isnt too cause i dont want to stand on it or pay to get fixed.

Yeah, if your game just starts saying all your games are unreadable at the dashboard, ya might have to.

blackfuredfox

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, do you know if it will be expensive?

lilEmber

Small Dragon
....*grabby hands* Well I'll be playing it on the PC here over the weekend at my friends after some Saw 5 tonight -3- You got it for the console didntcha?

No I got it for PC my ex got it for console

Tudd

Yeah sounds good so i ordered it coming on Tuesday or Wednesday :D

Loved the first farcry so it better be good >.>

Got it before you! :p To top it off, I also got the preorder edition without preordering. :cool:

I've heard this game might not be so "cool" for all those widescreen gamers out there and I thought "news" of this nature travelled fast. ;)

Mr Fox

Rainbows... Uber!
Got it before you! :p To top it off, I also got the preorder edition without preordering. :cool:

I've heard this game might not be so "cool" for all those widescreen gamers out there and I thought "news" of this nature travelled fast. ;)

;_; at both of those things.

PS even though to be honest i don't give a crap he can have his game sooner then me i don't care!

PPS i fo really care very much so ;_;

Teco

Informal Formalist
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, do you know if it will be expensive?

No no, standing on it wont cost mu--oh.. Oh! Yeah.. hundred or so without your warranty =/ There's some videos on youtube that explain some ways that MIGHT fix it, its basically pushing a piece that got pull out of place by the magnetic pull of the disc

Rayne

Get out of here, stalker!
I got extremely bored of the game rather quickly, but I wound up sucking it up and completing it.

It has its moments of sheer awesomeness, but stuff like the checkpoints and the random mercs running around with M249s, M2s, and Mk.19s on the back of their Jeeps and such annoyed the living crap out of me.

Tudd

I got extremely bored of the game rather quickly, but I wound up sucking it up and completing it.

It has its moments of sheer awesomeness, but stuff like the checkpoints and the random mercs running around with M249s, M2s, and Mk.19s on the back of their Jeeps and such annoyed the living crap out of me.

The checkpoints are begining to annoy me as well. The Springfield has really helped out though. :grin: