• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

fave D&D race/monster

pediachnid

skittering about
what it says on the tin, and for bonus, draw your fursona as one if your an artist

my fave has got to be the ettercap or giant spider for fairly obvious reasons

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
This will sound silly, but Slime.

I know it is very basic, but I'm trying to recall how you killed it. With fire, I think. This way back in the first edition of AD&D; since then, I bet they have come out with new, bigger, more powerful, more menacing slimes. :p (Actually, Googling now, I see a variety of slimes, and gelatinous oozes; this is encouraging, I'm amazed at the sheer numbers of these slimes!)

Murphy

Window Licker
Gnolls are super fucking cool!

latest

I play a Gnoll/Orc. Vicious lil dude.

SirGavintheFurred

The Comment Cavalry
I've liked archons. I don't remember exact details about them, but I remember thinking they were awesome and they look cool too.
Screenshot_2018-08-06-23-41-51.png

Last edited:

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
I'm no D&D player, but having played DOOM and it's heavily inspired monsters/demons, I like the beholder. Floating murder ball with all kinds of appendages with eyes that shoot destructive beams, sounds like something I would scribble on my textbooks at age 10.

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I usually play ranger sorts of characters myself.

As for race?! I mean if I’m being basic-elves.

But I have been in a lot of really fun campaigns where I played Pixies. You have to really think outside the box when you play something tiny like that. But the greater invisibility as an at will ability is a godsend.

Oblique Lynx

The nationalist conservative lynx
Banned
Humans are by far my favourite

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
As for monsters oh my god I will always love kobolds. As a DM I was being a jerk once because a player kept insisting that lower levelled monsters were worthless and not a good enough fight at their level. So I ended up nickel and diming their level 16 fighter to nothing with kobolds. I keep accidentally killing players with kobolds. It has gotten to the point that my regular players have learned if I'm annoyed I fill things up with Kobolds.

Then I love playing with anything extraplanar. Because I am a jerk. I love plotheavy games but that doesn't mean I can't make you work for my gracious "don't worry about dying unless you're totally stupid or reaaaalllly shitty dice rolls that I can't story away."

Oblique Lynx

The nationalist conservative lynx
Banned
As for monsters oh my god I will always love kobolds. As a DM I was being a jerk once because a player kept insisting that lower levelled monsters were worthless and not a good enough fight at their level. So I ended up nickel and diming their level 16 fighter to nothing with kobolds. I keep accidentally killing players with kobolds. It has gotten to the point that my regular players have learned if I'm annoyed I fill things up with Kobolds.

Then I love playing with anything extraplanar. Because I am a jerk. I love plotheavy games but that doesn't mean I can't make you work for my gracious "don't worry about dying unless you're totally stupid or reaaaalllly shitty dice rolls that I can't story away."
Kobolds? Are you familiar with Tucker's Kobolds?

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
Kobolds, for humanoids.

Bronze and silver statics for "monsters."

Ignoring those give-ins above...

I've always found the varieties of devils to be interesting.

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
I mean, it took me nearly a decade longer than it should have to get into D&D because I couldn't find a DM that would allow "Monster Race" PCs

I like Dragons of all stripes (Chromatic, Metallic, Dragonborn, etc), Goblins and kin, Kobolds, Lizardfolk, Raptoran, Tieflings, I even have the 3.0 Savage Species supplement with stats on Anthro Animals that I always wanted to play.

God WHY did it take me this long to embrace my furriness?!

Peach's

mathmagician
I've fallen in love with elves when I found the interpretation that they move their ears around in reaction to emotions.

Yvvki

Sassy lesser panda.
So far I have two Tiefling characters.
One is based off of starfire and has wings.
1523411927.yvvki_rainednd2.png

The second one is based off of Kino, from kino's jurney. She's not as ditsy. Aha. ☆