• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Favorite animated movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huey

Weapons-grade =D
Diti said:
Hey, why Happy Feet isn't there? ;)

It's not like it's not a decent movie. It's just isn't not not a good movie. When I was selecting which movies would be included, I didn't receive good feedback on Happy Feet.

happy feet has some very strong political undertones espeically towards the end, so yeah it recieves mixed reviews. Im at least happy its 'certified fresh' on rotten tomatoes tho, its a good movie, and for more reasons then its about penguins ;)

and if you seriously think that ff7 advent children is like..a contender for the best animated movie....yeah. It would a contender for the BEST looking, but the storyline is crap. you must admit.

Diti

Huey said:
Diti said:
Hey, why Happy Feet isn't there? ;)

It's not like it's not a decent movie. It's just isn't not not a good movie. When I was selecting which movies would be included, I didn't receive good feedback on Happy Feet.
Well, I don't know in which way that's a “bad” movie. If you look at pictures, you'll see that's one of the most realistic animated movie ever (according to me).

Here are some screenshot in poor resolution and quality, because Windows don't let me taking screenshots of my DVD :

(I think “Fair use” allows me to link those pictures).

And yeah, I think a film deserves to be included on your, errr, list, as soon as people liked it. I didn't contact AuroraBorealis but he came here and defended my opinion. I didn't contact KalinaEllenberg but he came here and I agree with FF7-2. :)

Thankies! :D

Diti

Huey said:
But you and AuroraBorealis are both pro-penguin biased.
Yeah, and do you know why? Because I've seen this film! :D
TheGreatCrusader too, and he's not pro-penguin.

pretty much same with diti, the movie sparked my love for penguins =P

but like i said before, i like the movie for more reasons then it just has penguins in it, i can list them if you like.

Huey

Weapons-grade =D
Monsters, Inc. and Toy Story 2 are gone. RIP two of Pixar's finest. Pixar will still be represented in the next round by Toy Story, Ratatouille, and now, The Incredibles (I'm not writing off A Bug's Life, or anything, but it will be going up against Beauty and the Beast. If it wins that contest, I will be shocked, personally. Then again, I couldn't believe Persepolis failed to receive even one vote. I love the unpredictability!). Along with The Incredibles, The Simpsons Movie moves on in what were both polls with good turnouts. Thanks everyone!

Two new polls have been posted.

Huey

Weapons-grade =D
Neither Millennium Actress nor Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro chalked up enough votes to make for a clear consensus. Both have been eliminated. Also, Shrek version 2 couldn't stand against a classic.

Kirbizard

Kamikaze Kirby
Can I just vote for Akira on all of the polls?

Yes, even the ones that don't have Akira as an option.
It'll make things easier for me. <(<_<)>

<(>.>)>

Huey

Weapons-grade =D
Spirited Away has to at least beat The Lion King before it can win. Should be a good matchup. Time will tell.

Hmmhmm... This is a fun idea, but my favorite movies aren't on there. XP (I've been voting anyways though!) I'm a big fan of Quest for Camelot, Anastasia, and Mulan, personally. Wonderful movies <3

Иван

Yes. Mulan and Anastasia kicked ass. I'd wondred why they weren't up there :$

Huey

Weapons-grade =D
I'm sorry I couldn't include everything. I'll admit that at least a couple of borderline movies were cut for some which may have been more competitive in this community.

The latest couple of polls pulled off an AMAZING 40 total votes, though neither of the contests were close. The Lion King stomped all over Sleeping Beauty while The Nightmare Before Christmas absolutely destroyed South Park. Thank you all so much for your participation!

More polls posted!

Huey

Weapons-grade =D
Last two polls received no votes. All four movies were eliminated. I hope it was a fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.