• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Favorite animated movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceceil Felias

Never have I seen fail so huge
Way to pay attention. Metropolis got the one (albeit verbal) vote from me, and I gave you a reason why nobody else posted.

Time to watch these new threads flounder and slip under the actual constructive ones, too.

BritFoxx

The Hat Man
I think my two favourites have got to be the Lion King and Robin Hood by disney.

Those two really hooked me.

Huey

Weapons-grade =D
Ceceil Felias said:
Way to pay attention. Metropolis got the one (albeit verbal) vote from me, and I gave you a reason why nobody else posted.

Time to watch these new threads flounder and slip under the actual constructive ones, too.

You wouldn't know "constructive" if it gave you a reach around.

Check your acrimony and let me be.

Ceceil Felias

Huey said:
Ceceil Felias said:

You wouldn't know "constructive" if it gave you a reach around.

Check your acrimony and let me be.
Because obviously someone who doesn't know how to make any threads beyond "Which is better, ______ or _______?" and a big parent thread to stuff them all into as well, is far more acquainted with the meaning of constructive in comparison. And then there's getting into such things as you getting into a defensive tirade over one thing and promptly ignoring the rest of my post.

Oh, why can't MyBB have a sage function? Or at least a way to prevent bumping with your post (lol, virtually the same thing)?

Huey

Weapons-grade =D
What better reason to get defensive than to justify a series of threads on an open forum to someone who believes that such a place should serve to epitomize all that is relevant and meaningful in the world and who insists upon reminding me of this notion despite the evidence to the contrary that is plainly made manifest by the forum and the entirety of its contents in general? Repetitiveness isn't the same thing as pointlessness, especially since what I'm doing has an overbearing purpose. As long as the purpose is meaningful to me, superficial criticisms notwithstanding, then the threads themselves have meaning. This is true for anyone who makes a 1K thread or a "This bear/beer/pear is awesome." These threads may not have meaning beyond the original poster's personal interest, but its their privilege to post such things so long as what they're doing remains within the confines of the rule structure.

I can understand why sometimes people don't care about what I post. I don't understand how any of what I'm doing could be so upsetting as to bring about such caustic negativity on the part of someone who I don't know, have never insulted personally, have no vendetta against, but whose wrath I've nevertheless managed to conjure.

Leave me alone, please.

Shànwàng

Lavender Scented
Huey said:
What better reason to get defensive than to justify a series of threads on an open forum to someone who believes that such a place should serve to epitomize all that is relevant and meaningful in the world and who insists upon reminding me of this notion despite the evidence to the contrary that is plainly made manifest by the forum and the entirety of its contents in general? Repetitiveness isn't the same thing as pointlessness, especially since what I'm doing has an overbearing purpose. As long as the purpose is meaningful to me, superficial criticisms notwithstanding, then the threads themselves have meaning. This is true for anyone who makes a 1K thread or a "This bear/beer/pear is awesome." These threads may not have meaning beyond the original poster's personal interest, but its their privilege to post such things so long as what they're doing remains within the confines of the rule structure.

I can understand why sometimes people don't care about what I post. I don't understand how any of what I'm doing could be so upsetting as to bring about such caustic negativity on the part of someone who I don't know, have never insulted personally, have no vendetta against, but whose wrath I've nevertheless managed to conjure.

Leave me alone, please.

He's butt hurt that Metropolis lost. lol

BijouxDeFoxxe

shake wut ur mama gave u
all I can say... is whoever voted against Dumbo FAILS!

Ceceil Felias

Bowtoid_Obelisk said:
Huey said:

Leave me alone, please.

He's butt hurt that Metropolis lost. lol
If that's the case, I doubt he'd be bitching me out since I was trying to vote for Metropolis. Lawl. :p

Ceceil Felias

Huey said:
He meant you're butt hurt. Not me. Lawl.

Leave me alone.
That'd kinda be a problem, since I'm not a he. Not to mention not the one posting massive tl;dr. But oh well.

And hey, considering I was contesting the relevancy of the whole thing even in that thread, I think it'd be kinda silly to point fingers at me. :p

Also, in before "LEAVE ME ALONE OR I WHINE MORE"

Huey

Weapons-grade =D
Ceceil Felias said:
Also, in before "LEAVE ME ALONE OR I WHINE MORE"
Irony.

You being a girl doesn't help clarify why you're a crank who stays at home and starts arguments on the internet. But it does help me understand why you don't know the meaning of "shut up."

Ceceil Felias

Irony.

You being a girl doesn't help clarify why you're a crank who stays at home and starts arguments on the internet. But it does help me understand why you don't know the meaning of "shut up."
I'm just doing this for the lulz. You on the other hand seem to be getting steadily less civil (not to mention attentive), as well as more likely to resort to personal attacks with irrelevant points in an attempt to prove your own point, as time goes on. ¦3 Oh well, I'll quit riling you up for now. You're getting repetitive, and I've got better things to do than pick on someone so easily provoked into bawwwwing.

Last edited:

Huey

Weapons-grade =D
Mononoke has already won and will go on to round 2. Mobile Suit Gundam F91 wasn't released in the US so I didn't include it in this competition. Sorry Sharks =(

Huey

Weapons-grade =D
The final two matchups of the 32-poll first round have been posted. 64 movies started, 32 will move on to round number two. All movies will be re-seeded for the second round based on the results from the first round as well as other considerations. Additionally, all movies will be randomly re-bracketed.

Thanks for your participation so far!

Huey

Weapons-grade =D
So what happens if both movies end in a tie (and with votes)? Are they still eliminated?

Normally that would be a conundrum, but given that some polls have seen both titles eliminated due to voter disinterest, in the event of a tie, both movies would advance. Otherwise, if all matchups to this point had procured a clear winner, I'd do a runoff vote or something.

Huey

Weapons-grade =D
The original post has been edited to reflect the results from the first round as well as the next step toward getting round two underway. All of you who voted in round one, thank you so much for participating, but the competition isn't over yet! I'm in need of your input. Read the original post to find out why.

Kirbizard

Kamikaze Kirby
Well, Akira has already gone through, so I'm happy. <(^-^)>

But, I think Akira's former contender, Fantasia, should be given a second chance. =3

Two reasons;
Firstly, as people said in the voting thread, Fantasia was revolutionary at the time it was released. No other film existed that was like it. It was a risky move, but they managed to pull it off and changed the way films were looked at.
Secondly, Akira will win far too easily, Fantasia is the only film capable of at least slowing down it's victory. <(^-^)>

Status
Not open for further replies.