• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Favorite coffee with a side of something?

Dyluck

hi ilu :>
Actually, I'm kind of scared of certain types of coffee now. I got a gift box from the US around last Christmas, and some artificially flavored coffee gave me some stomach issues.. I think European foods/drinks are regulated differently. I've lost my American iron stomach. :[

Regular diarrhea is the America way.

I know but I was trying to keep with the "making ramen like a boss" meme :/

I don't think I have ever measured the temperature at which my coffeemaker brews coffee. I would hazard a guess of something in the 130F range I suppose? Maybe a little hotter.

I'm not familiar with that meme.

Also I don't use an automatic coffee maker

VoidBat

Zoegas Forza, extra dark roast.
Add a bit of Skånemejeri's (fuck off, Arla) milk and there you have it, liquid awesome in a cup. I can go with the classics as well, Mollbergs Blanding or Skånerost. Prefered coffee percolator is of course, Moccamaster.

T

Tycho

Regular diarrhea digestive dysfunction and talking to your doctor about CRAPITOL (fixmybowelsium fucktrate) is the America way.

Fixed for pharmaceutical accuracy

I'm not familiar with that meme.

Also I don't use an automatic coffee maker

LIKE A BOSS.

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/946020/How+To+Eat+Ramen+Like+A+Boss/also

not all of us have the patience to french-press it ourselves. (And every time I try, it doesn't work. I finally just gave my french press away. :c )

Grimfang

Regular diarrhea is the America way.

That made me laugh. Oh, how I remember the days of working at Wal-Mart with a McDonald's (instead of a subway, like many others have) inside... and Linda from the customer service desk, riding the motorized cart (intended for people with actual handicaps) from the desk, to the time-punch clock, back to the McDonald's.

So, how is self-grinding coffee and using some kind of special brewer? It sounds like a lot of work. One of my brothers does this sort of thing also, and it seems really cool. I just don't know if I could do that at 6am.

eat some chili cheese dogs and wash them down with some American pisswater beer, for about a week :V

This sounds like the cure.
My beer of choice used to be Natural Ice... I don't tell Germans about that, of course. It's all about local breweries and such now.

I don't mean to derail this thread with stuff about food differences/beers between here and there or whatever. x:

T

Tycho

I don't mean to derail this thread with stuff about food differences/beers between here and there or whatever. x:

The thread title is "Favorite coffee with a side of something". Something can be pretty much anything. As long as we make some passing mention of coffees occasionally this thread could be about any damn food we like. :V letter of the law gogogo

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
I'm not picky when it comes to coffee. Any blend, any brand, even instant. Black or with sugar/cream I don't care. Any place, any time, whatever. I'll even drink the shitty coffee late at night in the College of Design building (it comes out as a semi-warm sludge from this vending machine that sounds like a freight train).
But I prefer frappuccinos if given the choice. Iced coffee is so much better than hot coffee.

Dyluck

hi ilu :>
So, how is self-grinding coffee and using some kind of special brewer? It sounds like a lot of work. One of my brothers does this sort of thing also, and it seems really cool. I just don't know if I could do that at 6am.

It's really not a lot of effort and I can pretty much do everything I need to in about fifteen minutes. It's definitely worth it because the coffee tastes better, but I'm a morning person so it might not be worth it to you.

This sounds like the cure.
My beer of choice used to be Natural Ice... I don't tell Germans about that, of course. It's all about local breweries and such now.

Natural Ice is not beer. >:I

Littlerock

numb with cold
Your Baristas are allowed to recommend weed too? Damn you have it good.
Dandelion is a weed, but nothing illicit. They don't brew anything in the shop, it's all dried in jars. You purchase things by weight, and make it at home. The nicest tea I've found there so far was a 'pink champagne', white tea with various light flavors including rosehips and sage. Lovely stuff, it literally smells pink.

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
Dandelion is a weed, but nothing illicit. They don't brew anything in the shop, it's all dried in jars. You purchase things by weight, and make it at home. The nicest tea I've found there so far was a 'pink champagne', white tea with various light flavors including rosehips and sage. Lovely stuff, it literally smells pink.

Well by definition a true tea must contain at least x% of the camelia sinesis plant leaf/stem. Any other plant brewed in hot or cold water is an infusion.

Littlerock

numb with cold
Well by definition a true tea must contain at least x% of the camelia sinesis plant leaf/stem. Any other plant brewed in hot or cold water is an infusion.
I honestly did not know that! :0

Either way, this stuff is delicious. I'll have to find out what's in it next time I go there, I usually just buy by smell, and my nose hasn't failed me yet.

SnowyD

The Voice of Reason
Sweet! Looks like a round-trip would only be about €3000/$4000. So worth it. xD

Actually, I'm kind of scared of certain types of coffee now. I got a gift box from the US around last Christmas, and some artificially flavored coffee gave me some stomach issues.. I think European foods/drinks are regulated differently. I've lost my American iron stomach. :[

Well. We can have a Tea party and just pretend we are drinking coffee. It'll be swell!

Gavrill

ladies~
In the morning, I prefer black coffee with no determinable flavor other than "100% bitter". Hot coffee preferred, with a breakfast of fried eggs with still-runny yolk, bacon, and gravy all on a biscuit. That's ultra-breakfast.

For lunch, I prefer iced coffee with one or two teaspoons of sugar.

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
:( no one starts their day off with a cup of tea?
I used to start my day off with a big cup of Bengal Spice. It doesn't have the caffeine I love, but I'd brew it super strong and it works like a tasty kick to the teeth to wake you up in the morning.

Kamatz

I like the girly drinks...

Pumpkin latte or caramel latte from the cafe right by where all of my classes are. I only like coffee if it's super sweet and sugary.

Then I drink three raw eggs blended with protein powder to make me feel like a man again.

Also, Deo, every time I see one of your posts I read it in Rainbow's voice.

Hendly Devin

No this cant be true!
I like tim hortins mochas with a variety of tim bits.

Also i dont drink coffee as much as i do tea, which i like with sweet stuff of no particular specificity.

israfur

YES PLEASE
Huckleberry tea is where it's at ;]
I just hate how it's so hard to find. Nnnggg

Tissemand

Random furfag
My ideal morning consists of either Blue Mountain or Kona coffee with some shortbread and nutella.

... but I usually just buy instant maxwell-house coffee and instant hot water with sugar and milk. Sometimes I drink tea if I'm going to eat something non-sweet.